Jersey questions thread

RichMan

9 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

How are hockey trons goalie cut? Reviews are hit or miss that people like them or they are junk and fit like crap. I just need some semi cheap solid color practice jerseys. I havent bought jerseys in a while and last ones i got were reeebok premiers

What size do you wear?

I had some old practice jerseys given to me, and I don't mind giving some for free.99 just pay for postage. I was just about to post it in the Sales thread once I have some free time (which I don't right now)

18 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

How are hockey trons goalie cut? Reviews are hit or miss that people like them or they are junk and fit like crap. I just need some semi cheap solid color practice jerseys. I havent bought jerseys in a while and last ones i got were reeebok premiers

I have one, and I like it well enough..  Fits well without any alterations.  I have it over an XL size Vaughn Ventus LT90.

I'm so frustrated by all the legit sites that sell real pro adidas jerseys.  All I want is a genuine adidas nhl Canes jersey in 58G+ or 60G with logos but no name and number.  I've called a dozen companies and always get the same story - they tell me adidas doesn't sell goalie jerseys to the public and no one will even try to special order me one.

WTF why not? There are literally thousands of goalies in the world that would buy one if they could get it, it just doesn't make sense.

My only option so far is to try and find a prostock on Ebay or Sideline, and IF you can find one they want $350 or $400 for it.  That's just ridiculous.......

I just hope when Fanatics takes over that they will sell some damn goalie jerseys..............

13 hours ago, TDS-MN said:

I have one, and I like it well enough..  Fits well without any alterations.  I have it over an XL size Vaughn Ventus LT90.

Is it too baggy, dress like? I’ve worn cheap jerseys and they had weirdly short arms and were very baggy if that makes sense. I’m not looking for a slim fit or anything but sloppy excess material just looks bad. 

On 5/16/2023 at 9:14 PM, xmikex32 said:

Is it too baggy, dress like? I’ve worn cheap jerseys and they had weirdly short arms and were very baggy if that makes sense. I’m not looking for a slim fit or anything but sloppy excess material just looks bad. 

I am a somewhat bigger guy, but I don't feel it hangs super loose or anything.  Probably a couple inches below my waist, it looks appropriate with the rest of my gear, IMO.  Also wearing XL CCM goalie breezers.

Fanatics will not offer a real jersey for us non NHL players. Sorry. 

How long until Fanatics is broken up? They are a monopoly now.

They own every sports merchandise company now.

They own the sports card market (They own Topps)

They just bought a sports betting site.

They own mitchell and ness - so they own every current and past uniform.

It's nuts!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/16/2023 at 7:06 PM, CamWardFan said:

I'm so frustrated by all the legit sites that sell real pro adidas jerseys.  All I want is a genuine adidas nhl Canes jersey in 58G+ or 60G with logos but no name and number.  I've called a dozen companies and always get the same story - they tell me adidas doesn't sell goalie jerseys to the public and no one will even try to special order me one.

WTF why not? There are literally thousands of goalies in the world that would buy one if they could get it, it just doesn't make sense.

My only option so far is to try and find a prostock on Ebay or Sideline, and IF you can find one they want $350 or $400 for it.  That's just ridiculous.......

I just hope when Fanatics takes over that they will sell some damn goalie jerseys..............

That's why in China they will recreate any jersey for me. Print, of course. I have done it a few times and got a Canes 3rd jersey. This pic is probably 8 or 9 years old. 

FB_IMG_1684873928454.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/16/2023 at 4:06 PM, CamWardFan said:

This is probably why. - tldr; "retail Authentic" jerseys are made in Indonesia.  Adidas (or more specifically, their factory in Indonesia) doesn't make them in goalie cut.  Would be willing to bet Fanatics will not either, there is no money in producing goalie cuts for the general public.

True NHL game jerseys are made in Quebec (source).

Each NHL game jersey today is made in a factory in Saint-Hyacinthe, Quebec, near Montreal. Fanatics will continue to use the same factory, the same specs for players and even some of the same fabrics, at least at first. The company has assembled a team of people with decades of experience working on NHL on-ice and performance products.

It sounds to me like this shop in Quebec ghosts for whoever has the NHL jersey deal at the time (Reebok/Adidas/now Fanatics).

A quick Google search yields SP Apparel as a jersey manufacturing facility in St-Hyacinthe, and their blurb says they contract with Adidas and Fanatics.

A total of 260 employees contribute to the success of our company, and our clients include some of the most important brands in the industry such as Nike, Adidas, CCM, Bauer, and Fanatics amongst others.

Their catalog claims all 32 NHL teams are in their product:

image.png.d3df61b140c2fdc1c7fe62c897a4b5b6.png

So I guess order an SP Apparel jersey if you want the closest thing you can get to the real deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good info on SP making the NHL jerseys. Makes sense.

When I was a kid, NHL teams would contract their own supplier for their game jerseys. The league allowed them to put their logo on too.

The Flyers used Eagle Sportswear jerseys. You can see the 'Eagle' name stitched into the back right bottom hem. Yes, that's Tim Kerr in a Jofa.

94 Philadelphia Flyers Tim Kerr Photos and Premium High Res Pictures -  Getty Images

Vintage 80s Philadelphia Flyers Eagle Sportswear Hockey Jersey Mens L MADE  USA | eBay

Ruberti's is still in business in West Chester too. I think the son of the founder just does printing now.

image.jpeg.f8e43c72dd1ec9faaf3984fca7fa7bd8.jpeg

• Like 1