Bauer 2023 Lineup

ZeroGravitas

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Is the break on US the same 600 as Mach?

Yup, same glove family. 

You lose the silicone finger grip, the hand attachment is a more standard version, you get a wrist strap, and the backhand changes a bit. 

I'm not sure how much the glove feel changes, but I loathed the 2S I tried for a bit, but the Mach was totally fine. 

I'd recommend trying an US before making an order. It won't be a 1:1

Edited by coopaloop1234

9 hours ago, seagoal said:

Checking with you Bauer guys:

Is it possible to order a custom Mach glove with a Hyperlite wrist strap?  Not looking for a HL glove skinned as Mach, just an otherwise stock Mach glove except with adequate strapping that stays in my hand.

How would you go about ordering one if so?

Or if you like the feel of a Mach you can order one with a wrist strap. 

52 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

Or if you like the feel of a Mach you can order one with a wrist strap. 

How though? I can't see an "add wrist strap" option on Bauer.com customizer

I'm used to Vaughn where you talk to a guy about specs.  Bauer seems very rigid and structured and automated online.

Edited by seagoal

9 hours ago, seagoal said:

I'm used to Vaughn where you talk to a guy about specs.  Bauer seems very rigid and structured and automated online.

Make sure you're under Pro Custom and have Mach selected under Glove Construction. Should be the very last option under Glove Specs.

Bauer/CCM and Warrior are more... turn and burn rather than building stuff to spec ala Vaughn/Brian's

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seagoal said:

Like zerogravitas said you have to be on pro custom. E427BAFF-46D0-4C76-82CA-4DBE140CFBB7.thumb.jpeg.1161a25852e0c6bcca55c779c8e4f12e.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Make sure you're under Pro Custom and have Mach selected under Glove Construction. Should be the very last option under Glove Specs.

Bauer/CCM and Warrior are more... turn and burn rather than building stuff to spec ala Vaughn/Brian's

2 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

Like zerogravitas said you have to be on pro custom. E427BAFF-46D0-4C76-82CA-4DBE140CFBB7.thumb.jpeg.1161a25852e0c6bcca55c779c8e4f12e.jpeg

Thanks guys.

@ZeroGravitasfor sure, thats what I'm noticing.   I guess it makes sense with larger companies that do more volume. 

@Hockey34 thanks, I'll look for it.  I was having issues navigating the Pro Custom site on my phone but I'll try on our laptop instead.   The selection::scrolling interface is kinda wonky on a phone.

Man.....I guess now I just need to decide if a glove is worth $600+.  I added that with a normal blocker and normal pads, no issues on those, and it was just under $3k.   Not for from the $2700 range of all my previous custom Vaughn sets.

4 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

You may prefer the Vapor TuneFit instead of Supreme TuneFit - most people seem to. See below for differences.

Good eye, thanks.  You're catching me slipping after ignoring Bauer threads for many years on here, haha.

Made the change to Vapor and changed the Line Zone to White

Screenshot_20230820-181038_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Good eye, thanks.  You're catching me slipping after ignoring Bauer threads for many years on here, haha.

Made the change to Vapor and changed the Line Zone to White

Screenshot_20230820-181038_Samsung Internet.jpg

You're in M5 Pro right now? Mach stiffness is stiffer than the M5 pad IIRC. You may prefer Ultrasonic stiffness instead if you like thr way the M5 feels.

49 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

You're in M5 Pro right now? Mach stiffness is stiffer than the M5 pad IIRC. You may prefer Ultrasonic stiffness instead if you like thr way the M5 feels.

Not sure how your Bauer experience is going and I know you went stiff even in your Vaughns but 2x Pro flex is even pretty stiff, at least for me coming off Hyperlite 

12 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

It's not so much the stiffness but the straighter profile of the Mach that hung me up. At least with US you get a slight curve. 

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's not so much the stiffness but the straighter profile of the Mach that hung me up. At least with US you get a slight curve. 

Same for me. My thought is that if you go softer, you might be able to get at least a slight curve going on it as you break it in. I had a pic on one of these threads with my warranty replacement HL2 and my used HL2 and you can see the curve developing on the used set. Granted, HL2 is a much softer pad...

There is a slight  /  shape to the Mach pads from what I can see, they're not totally straight.  I'm not too concerned

\

with the overall stiffness.  The M5 Pros are by FAR the stiffest pads I have ever used.  I really love them and have no gripes or wants for them (other than maybe a professor strap?).  They don't really bend or move that much, but, I am an elbow-drive leaner and I am noticing a slight warp to them up top in the thigh rise area.  If the Mach pads offer more protection from warping then that's a plus.  I've for sure noticed the improvements and advantages of using stiffer pads in my game and welcome whatever increase the Machs offer over the M5 Pros.

1 minute ago, seagoal said:

There is a slight  /  shape to the Mach pads from what I can see, they're not totally straight.  I'm not too concerned

\

with the overall stiffness.  The M5 Pros are by FAR the stiffest pads I have ever used.  I really love them and have no gripes or wants for them (other than maybe a professor strap?).  They don't really bend or move that much, but, I am an elbow-drive leaner and I am noticing a slight warp to them up top in the thigh rise area.  If the Mach pads offer more protection from warping then that's a plus.  I've for sure noticed the improvements and advantages of using stiffer pads in my game and welcome whatever increase the Machs offer over the M5 Pros.

So two things: 

1. Mach's will literally not bend when you rest your elbows on them. 

2. The profile is VERY noticeably straight once you hit the ice. Your skating, stance, and butterfly will be noticeably affected. 

I'm not trying to dissuade you from getting the Mach stiffness profile, just want to make sure you know that these babies are stiff and straight. 

I was warned before hitting the ice and I had the same mindset as you going in. Three skates later and I was confident in going back to the US stiffness instead. 

8 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

So two things: 

1. Mach's will literally not bend when you rest your elbows on them. 

2. The profile is VERY noticeably straight once you hit the ice. Your skating, stance, and butterfly will be noticeably affected. 

I'm not trying to dissuade you from getting the Mach stiffness profile, just want to make sure you know that these babies are stiff and straight. 

I was warned before hitting the ice and I had the same mindset as you going in. Three skates later and I was confident in going back to the US stiffness instead. 

I'm glad you're nudging me, I trust you.  

So you think this is the best option?

Screenshot_20230821-094343_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I'm glad you're nudging me, I trust you.  

So you think this is the best option?

Screenshot_20230821-094343_Samsung Internet.jpg

Definitely. The US profile has a little bit of bent and curve in them to help facilitate skating and movements, but, it's stiff enough for pucks that it gets the job done that you want it to. 

I'm pretty flexible for an old dude who never stretches and have good hip range, but even the Mach's were too much of a pad designed for flexible dudes. 

I think even at the Pro level the US core is used more than the Mach. (no real data on that, just an assumption based off of the pro returns still having the US back design) 

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Definitely. The US profile has a little bit of bent and curve in them to help facilitate skating and movements, but, it's stiff enough for pucks that it gets the job done that you want it to. 

I'm pretty flexible for an old dude who never stretches and have good hip range, but even the Mach's were too much of a pad designed for flexible dudes. 

I think even at the Pro level the US core is used more than the Mach. (no real data on that, just an assumption based off of the pro returns still having the US back design) 

Makes me wonder which Pro Custom build the M5s are based on.  I bet Cam would know.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Pretty close to, if not directly the Ultrasonic with a softer boot and the Tune fit + system. 

Well, the good news is I regretted nothing going from Vaughn to M5s with the pads.   It was a huge jump in build and I got comfortable and enjoyed the difference within 2 or 3 skates so I'm in the ballpark,  err.....hockey rink,  I need to be in.

12 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Well, the good news is I regretted nothing going from Vaughn to M5s with the pads.   It was a huge jump in build and I got comfortable and enjoyed the difference within 2 or 3 skates so I'm in the ballpark,  err.....hockey rink,  I need to be in.

Like Coop says, Mach is much stiffer than M5. I've had both Ultrasonic (with US stiffness) and Mach (with Mach stiffness) and the difference is substantial. I've also had HL1 (with HL1 stiffness) and now HL2 (with US stiffness). While I have never used M5 Pro, it feels and looks (spec-wise) very, very similarly to the US. I had a review thread with the Machs and originally planned to do a long-term review, but ended up not doing a it because they were just too stiff and it was not good for my game.

16 minutes ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Just in case this helps @seagoal. HL2 pads with ultrasonic (medium) core1692638075264190936671681016528.thumb.jpg.3909e0a8f249bb1fa258fbef52b6b4e3.jpg

Your thighrise looks super large in this photo. 

@seagoal Here's my stock Ultrasonics. I lean heavily on my glove side to, there's maybe the slightest amount of bend, but it's very minimal. 

I believe you'll get a springier core going with a Pro pad over the Sr. So the stiffness profile will be the same, but it'll hold up longer. 

20230821_102850.jpg

20230821_102909.jpg