Bauer 2023 Lineup

ZeroGravitas

1 minute ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Woah that's actually a pretty big difference. Can't imagine that helps the feel of the glove but who knows maybe its better

Upper loop it's far tighter across the knuckles. 

Zap strap feels a bit tighter, but still probably prone to the same issues that made me ditch the Red/White glove. 

Lower wrist is still awful. 

I'll be able to get these on the ice on Friday for my lower div team. So we'll see. 

For those of you with the hyperlite2 glove… how do I learn how to like this thing 😂? Coming from CCM/True gloves, this thing just seems so flimsy. The neoprene pinky and thumb rings are super annoying and it constantly feels like my hand is slipping out of the glove. I’ve never needed to tighten a wrist strap on a glove but if I don't practically tighten it all the way down it feels like it’s going to fall off. This is my first time in a Bauer glove and I absolutely love the rest of the set but this glove is just not cutting it for me.

35 minutes ago, Phil1p33 said:

For those of you with the hyperlite2 glove… how do I learn how to like this thing 😂? Coming from CCM/True gloves, this thing just seems so flimsy. The neoprene pinky and thumb rings are super annoying and it constantly feels like my hand is slipping out of the glove. I’ve never needed to tighten a wrist strap on a glove but if I don't practically tighten it all the way down it feels like it’s going to fall off. This is my first time in a Bauer glove and I absolutely love the rest of the set but this glove is just not cutting it for me.

The HL2 glove is one of the main reasons I stopped using my set entirely. Just using my G6 set for this year

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The HL2 glove is one of the main reasons I stopped using my set entirely. Just using my G6 set for this year

It's such a shame because I really love the pads and blocker. I need to get my hands on a Vapor90 to see if it would be worth ordering otherwise I guess I can just go back to my 9x3 glove.

8 hours ago, Phil1p33 said:

I think this is a matter of habit and tactile sensations. With more time of use, you will get used to the sensations and will automatically perceive it differently. For example, I never tighten my glove or any of the straps. and it does not create a feeling of slipping/falling. but everything is individual, if it seems unsuitable for you, then just choose another glove

On 10/31/2023 at 3:54 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

On 10/31/2023 at 6:44 PM, Phil1p33 said:

It's such a shame because I really love the pads and blocker. I need to get my hands on a Vapor90 to see if it would be worth ordering otherwise I guess I can just go back to my 9x3 glove.

I don't think Bauer is leading the way with being people's favourite glove across all brands. 

They really shine with their leg pads and blockers, but I think their gloves are always in that 'serviceable' category.

When was the last time you heard someone exclaim that their favourite glove ever was a Bauer one? 

38 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I don't think Bauer is leading the way with being people's favourite glove across all brands. 

They really shine with their leg pads and blockers, but I think their gloves are always in that 'serviceable' category.

When was the last time you heard someone exclaim that their favourite glove ever was a Bauer one? 

My favorite glove ever is Bauer

12 hours ago, Hockey34 said:

Does anyone else’s Mach knee blocks make a really loud squeak, it’s honestly probably more the stabilislide knee block in general.

IMG_1531.MOV 16.49 MB · 11 downloads  

It looks like the foam block is separating from the stabilislide knee bracket.

IMG_1534.MOV 21.45 MB · 3 downloads  

Tried the same test on my Ultrasonic (Feb 2023) and Mach (Unknown).

I get a similar sound and movement in both, albeit quite a bit less. I'm guessing that there's some carving happening with the plastic inserts and the foams and it's causing the connecting channel to "open up" a bit and creating more play. 

More play means that the connecting foams rubbing against each other will make more sound. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Tried the same test on my Ultrasonic (Feb 2023) and Mach (Unknown).

I get a similar sound and movement in both, albeit quite a bit less. I'm guessing that there's some carving happening with the plastic inserts and the foams and it's causing the connecting channel to "open up" a bit and creating more play. 

More play means that the connecting foams rubbing against each other will make more sound. 

I'm sure it's normal with use over time, and I've had them since September of 2022 with the first 7 months being on the ice 6 to 7 days a week and an average 2 to 3 times a week since March.

3 minutes ago, Hockey34 said:

I'm sure it's normal with use over time, and I've had them since September of 2022 with the first 7 months being on the ice 6 to 7 days a week and an average 2 to 3 times a week since March.

Definitely on the heavy use side of things. Will probably be another item in the whole "Bauer products are made for performance, not for longevity" argument that is adequately applied. 

20 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Definitely on the heavy use side of things. Will probably be another item in the whole "Bauer products are made for performance, not for longevity" argument that is adequately applied. 

Yeah. It doesn’t effect the performance at all it’s just annoying hearing it. I can even hear it on the ice some times, but manly just in the locker room and at home. 

So finally played in my new to me Mach set. 

Blocker: same as always with Mach blockers, love it. Index finger elastics are a bit looser, but doesn't affect protection. 

Glove: with the QC issue and me really reefong down on a zip tie method, glove was wayyyy better. Caught super well with it and actually hung me up if I want to swap it out with Warrior. 

Pads: thanks @ThatCarGuy and @Hockey34 for convincing me to go with toe ties. I didn't go for a whole 3" gap like you heathens, but went less and it worked out nicely.

@ThatCarGuy you were right in saying that Bauer pads play better when they 'sag' off your toe. 

A lot of my issues with my demo with my machs before I was more accustomed to US was that I was using the Bauer bungees (tight) and the tune fit+ very tight too. 

With the looser toe ties and looser tune fit, these pads had way less interference in the thighs and the adjustment period was far less than I was expecting. 

Jury is still out of I'm switching full time to Mach over US, but, the first adventure was very promising and I fully enjoyed the pad way more than I was expecting. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm debating about ordering a new Hyperlite2 glove and I had a question regarding the "Palm Material" option. I absolutely despise the grippy fingers material and neoprene pinky/thumb loops in my current HL2 glove, is that part of the "hyperlite catch grip" option? If I ordered a HL2 glove or Vapor90 with either the "ultrasonic nash" or "mach grip print" would I get things back like traditional leather loops and no more "grippy" finger stall material?

vapor90.PNG

18 minutes ago, Phil1p33 said:

So I'm debating about ordering a new Hyperlite2 glove and I had a question regarding the "Palm Material" option. I absolutely despise the grippy fingers material and neoprene pinky/thumb loops in my current HL2 glove, is that part of the "hyperlite catch grip" option? If I ordered a HL2 glove or Vapor90 with either the "ultrasonic nash" or "mach grip print" would I get things back like traditional leather loops and no more "grippy" finger stall material?

vapor90.PNG

The Mach grip print will be the nash material with the silicone grip points in the fingers. 

HL2 catch grip will be the grey sure grip material with silicone grip points in the fingers. 

US Nash will just be a nash material. 

The neoprene finger loops is part the HL2 build as a whole, I'm fairly certain you can't escape it when ordering that glove at all. 

If you order a Vapour 90, Mach, or Ultrasonic glove, you'll get the traditional leather pinky and thumb loops. 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The Mach grip print will be the nash material with the silicone grip points in the fingers. 

HL2 catch grip will be the grey sure grip material with silicone grip points in the fingers. 

US Nash will just be a nash material. 

The neoprene finger loops is part the HL2 build as a whole, I'm fairly certain you can't escape it when ordering that glove at all. 

If you order a Vapour 90, Mach, or Ultrasonic glove, you'll get the traditional leather pinky and thumb loops. 

I appreciate the clarification!

Oof, just when I was starting to like a 60 degree break again apparently its Vapor90 or finally go back to my True glove and just rock it al la Filip Gustavsson style up until this year 😂

4 minutes ago, Phil1p33 said:

I appreciate the clarification!

No worries. I have a feeling that the Shadow line will have similar finger loops as Bauer does like to incorporate changes from one line into the other. Who knows if they'll do large changes to the Vapour 90 or not. They've barely modified their 1-piece blocker. 

Oof, just when I was starting to like a 60 degree break again apparently its Vapor90 or finally go back to my True glove and just rock it al la Filip Gustavsson style up until this year 😂

He's not the only pro to use a different 60 degree glove while wearing mostly Bauer. Hell, @seagoal and I were just talking about Kevin Mandolese who does this as well. 

Edited by coopaloop1234