Bauer 2023 Lineup

ZeroGravitas

21 minutes ago, netminder said:

Hyperlite 2 chesty has my attention. But lazy new gear graphics and yet another dark based elite stick is not progression imo.

Also note they don’t list the weight of said sticks lol

The pad graphics I don’t mind it’s a nice hybrid of 2x and Hyperlite as a vapor graphic should be. That said, 3 main color zones is still kinda underwhelming but looks worlds better than hyperlite did  

I’m with you, the chest has me curious. I wonder how mobile the floaters are. Normally when you reach in front of you or cradle a belly or chest shot the floaters are on elastic so they can just stretch out of the way of interference. Not sure how the new design works but look forward to seeing it up close. 

Edited by ThatCarGuy

1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

The upcoming GSX leg pad refresh looks like they're bring a lot more value to that bottom-tier / introductory price point with Stabiliflex and a CORTech calf plate.

Axis 2 had DRS at that price point, but I prefer Bauer's knee system - seems to seal sightly better than CCM's.

Yeah, this seems to be a steal. I am biased and love my GSX (coming from G3s) and I'm shocked by the value it provides. 

On 12/19/2022 at 8:34 AM, Yzueblin said:

i don't have the release date. i know a manager in a big store here in montreal he give me some of this information. Also have some information about next brians line :P

i

I got to see the next Brian's chest-arm last weekend and that thing is a beauty.

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting! Can anyone comment on what the Double-Bracket MACH calf is like compared to the current Hyperlite 1 pads?

Would the potential Single Bracket option on these new pads alter the feel?

I'm wanting to order a set with custom graphics - I absolutely love my current Hyperlites and so the dilemma is do I stick with something I know or take a chance on the newest version without being able to see/test them because of where I live (UK).

6 hours ago, Zip said:

Very interesting! Can anyone comment on what the Double-Bracket MACH calf is like compared to the current Hyperlite 1 pads?

Would the potential Single Bracket option on these new pads alter the feel?

I'm wanting to order a set with custom graphics - I absolutely love my current Hyperlites and so the dilemma is do I stick with something I know or take a chance on the newest version without being able to see/test them because of where I live (UK).

I imagine it's just one of these L-shaped brackets in the calf instead of the two that the Mach has.

MachCalf.gif.a3001324c274deaccb56c55d38268453.gif.90bcbea2f272eae97b1f673d95415a29.gif

Much like Stabiliflex has more flex to it than Stabilislide, but is stiffer than traditional knee cradle construction, this HL2 bracket will likely be in between traditional calf construction and the Mach's double bracket construction.

You were able to forgo the Mach bracket when custom ordering the Mach, so it may be possible to do the same with HL2.

• Like 2