Bauer 2023 Lineup

ZeroGravitas

I’m a “hand it to the ref after every stoppage” goalie.  Through several skates with the 3X, I had no issue picking up the puck and then, after one whistle a couple games back, I went 0/4 and was thoroughly embarrassed.  After that it’s been fine.  For something so simple, I don’t know what went wrong.   I know that does nothing to help anyone, but just wanted to share.  

I had heard great things about Bauer gloves and was very excited to get one.  Granted, I’m in the 2nd price point… I don’t hate the 3X, by any means, but I definitely don’t love it, either.  Blocker and pads are great, tho.  I was talking with someone in the goalie retail biz a few weeks back and he felt that Bauer’s gloves have been inconsistent as far as quality the past year or so.  

2 hours ago, sescaro said:

I was talking with someone in the goalie retail biz a few weeks back and he felt that Bauer’s gloves have been inconsistent as far as quality the past year or so.  

Completely agree. Got a video of my pro palm hyperlite 2 glove from my coworker and he said it closes as bad out of the box as some ccms. 

15 hours ago, Zip said:

Vapor90 users - quick question! I just got my glove and used it for the first time yesterday - have you found that the glove doesn't seal the ice when freezing the puck?

It seems I can either put the palm/heel of my hand down on the ice, but then the pocket of the glove is off the ice and the puck could slide out the front, or I can put the pocket down on the ice but then my heel is up and it could slip out the back.

Thoughts??

I wouldn’t be worried about that. You should be getting your stick in front of your glove when you cover anyway. As long as the glove catches pucks you should be set

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

Any particular reason?

Mostly due to familiarity of 75 breaks. I've pretty much always been in them aside from some quick experiments with a Premier 2.9 590 and this Hyperlite. 

Plus, with how low my C/A comes on my wrists normally, I have to tighten the arms further in order to make the wrist strap on the Hyperlite work and that adjustment is making my arms pull on my C/A too easily. 

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Mostly due to familiarity of 75 breaks. I've pretty much always been in them aside from some quick experiments with a Premier 2.9 590 and this Hyperlite. 

Plus, with how low my C/A comes on my wrists normally, I have to tighten the arms further in order to make the wrist strap on the Hyperlite work and that adjustment is making my arms pull on my C/A too easily. 

I can fully understand this, for whatever reason I just can not get adjusted to using a 590 glove at all. That being said I might be getting a Mach glove myself as I'm not 100% sold on my True 600, one day its a glorified blocker the next I catch everything.

10 minutes ago, Novasteel31 said:

I can fully understand this, for whatever reason I just can not get adjusted to using a 590 glove at all. That being said I might be getting a Mach glove myself as I'm not 100% sold on my True 600, one day its a glorified blocker the next I catch everything.

No 75 degree break glove is alike. 

That being said, the Lefebvre 600 glove is the worst of the bunch. No bias at all lol 

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mike122976 said:

the set finally showed up a few days ago!

Unfortuneately, I ordered a V90 and got a Hyperlite2 construction :(

20230628_171452.jpg

20230628_173335.jpg

I would definitely be contacting who you ordered through. I had gear show up out of ordered spec and they got it corrected. 

2 hours ago, mike122976 said:

I did that immediately after getting home. Luckily I took the box from the store and their printed specs had the HL2 contruction on it...my Bauer ID clearly says V90. I contacted the store, sent all the pics but have not heard back yet.

How did they resolve your issue?  Did you have to return the item(s)?  this is a pro custom order and the glove will be used tomorrow..Have no choice, my son has a game and has to play...

I specced Grip Knee on my Hyperlite 2 leg pads, but got the older HL1 Nash knee. Pointed it out to Bauer and they confirmed it was their mistake. They offered to build a new set of pads, and to let me use my pads until the new ones came in, at which point they would provide me a shipping label to send the old pads back. I ultimately declined the new legs.

The printed specs on my order that was attached to my box did say Grip Knee though. Not sure what will happen for you if the printed form says HL2 glove.

You can try calling Bauer support directly, there's a phone number on the website. I believe you have an order number printed on the top left or top right of the spec sheet that's attached to the box.

• Like 1

Just now, mike122976 said:

as well, I ordered Mach Grip print (yellowish nash), but th internal material is Catch Plus (grey).

Im not sure what can be done as this was through a Bauer rep. Gave him the online recipe ID and paid the money. I never got an order nuumber. It just came to the shop where my buddy works.

My order was through the Bauer employee program, so it didn't really go through the store, but there should be an order ID on your spec sheet. There's a SAP Sales Order # and a Bauer PO # - I forget which one they need to look up your order. Maybe contact the rep first? Anyway, sounds like the internal material mix-up might be enough to get a catcher re-made for you. Good luck and keep us updated!

20230630_085443.thumb.jpg.09bb5cd3cd1ad142bff3c4a10c2a179d.jpg

13 minutes ago, mike122976 said:

Yes I have the SAP and order number..I cut all the papers off the box before it was thrown out yesterday. Hopefully the store contacted the REP..which would explain the no response yet, lol.  The rep took 2 months to get the right forms to us for the Bauer employee program.  I will keep you guys upated..My biggest worry is that the store messed it up somehow, so in that case, I will not pursue any corrective action if its costs the store money or someone can get in trouble...

When you submitted the order, did you complete the Bauer Employee Purchase program Excel file? Or did you do it on Bauer.com, get the Recipe ID and pass that ID on, either to the rep or the store? Could be a transcription error of getting the Recipe specs to the Excel file. And if that's the case, I'd say the onus is on the rep/store to correct it.

Edited by ZeroGravitas

after going over all the specs from the ONLINE ORDER ID, the glove construction is wrong, the internal glove material is wrong and the construction lacing color in the pads was incorrect as well. Black was used in stead of red.

The Pad lacing is not worth [waiting for another set of pads, so not a big deal there, the glove internal material is somewhat forgivable possibly, but the glove construction error is prretty huge    

4 hours ago, mike122976 said:

after going over all the specs from the ONLINE ORDER ID, the glove construction is wrong, the internal glove material is wrong and the construction lacing color in the pads was incorrect as well. Black was used in stead of red.

The Pad lacing is not worth [waiting for another set of pads, so not a big deal there, the glove internal material is somewhat forgivable possibly, but the glove construction error is prretty huge    

I'd say that's all a large mistake compounded.