Bauer 2023 Lineup

ZeroGravitas

On 6/7/2023 at 9:51 AM, TheGoalNet said:

That's one way to figure out which glove is best for you!

Are those all retail gloves ordered through Bauer?

The stock 600 Mach was an off-the-shelf while the 580 and 590 was Pro Custom and took about 9 weeks from order to door. Pro Palm with DCT on the fingers, reinforced double T (they should honestly make this a stock option). 590 with the Hyperlite2 internals while the 580 with the Vapor 90 internals are more of a 'traditional' build.

Quite surprising to see either how much the outer perimeter has swollen up/changed or how much they streamlined the edge.

5 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

Pro options on rec pads is pretty insane. Bauer U made them sound NHL ready😂

Just got to take a peek at them here at a local shop. 

It has the thinned out profile matching the X5 pro and Hyp2rlite. On both the black and white pads, the backing is mostly non-white, which is good to avoid those post stains, amongst others. 

Knee block - stabiliflex, very stable with a bit of give. Didn't notice any major difference than on higher tiers.

Calf - This is quite flexy vs even the X5 Pro that also does not have the brackets. You also won't get a giant calf pillow like the others. Pretty much the same leg channel and knee wing design as on the original GSX. OG Tune Fit here with attachment to the outside of the wrap, unlike on higher tiers where it's attached inside the leg channel a la the Professor strap. All nylon affair here. 

Boot - stiffer than X5 Pro/HL2. Relatively soft, close to that of M5/Mach. As with my GSX it'll likely soften up a bit over time, but will never be quite as soft as the X5 Pro/HL2. Same boot angle as the supreme, so not flat. 

EDIT: Oh yes, sliding material is Cortech, and face of the pad is likely some form of PU. 

Edited by Kayen

On 6/2/2023 at 2:16 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I got my order submitted on april 19th and payment submitted april 24th. Most recently heard it should be getting here june 16th.

My warrior set on the other hand was placed March 29th and should be here June 7th

I HOPE YOU GET YOUR GEAR TODAY!

give us all an update if you do! 

• Haha 1

Anyone play with the X5 glove yet? I know general consensuses is use pro model glove and i usually subscribe to that thinking, but InGoal review mentioned a beefed up palm on the X5 model and I'm still iffy on the Mach glove. I cant seem to get comfortable in it and I'm having issues catching with it, 90% my technique and fault but i feel like I'm fighting the glove and hoping i catch stuff. 

Tried on an older vapor glove and it felt bettor on my hand but the pocket seemed small to me. My LHS doesn't get new gear that often so it will be a while till I can check out the new line in person. Could always sell the mach and get a HL2 glove

Got my Hyperlite 2 leg pads in the other day.  Still using my old Hyperlite 1 gloves.  I do switch out the catch glove for my Warrior G5 Pro.  The G5 closes so much easier and is way easier for stickhandling.  

I installed my TGN Pro Laces, removed the knee flaps, and used them on Wednesday.  They definitely felt lighter and less bulky than the Hyperlite 1's.  I was able to move in my stance a lot better.  I will have to adjust the strapping some, because I think I had them too tight.  I was unable to tell if they slid better or worse than the Hyperlite 1's because the summer ice was pretty bad.  That being said, I did not have any issues sliding with them.

The only thing I can see taking a bit to get used to is the slightly straighter thigh rise.  The Hyperlite 1's had a nice little curve on them that helped seal the five-hole.  I did not have any issues with this on Wednesday, but we will see how it goes as the season progresses. 

Edited by Irbe01
Picture did not work
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, xmikex32 said:

Tried on an older vapor glove and it felt bettor on my hand but the pocket seemed small to me. My LHS doesn't get new gear that often so it will be a while till I can check out the new line in person. Could always sell the mach and get a HL2 glove

The Vapour gloves have always had smaller pockets. 

The difference in pocket size between my Mach and Hyperlite is massive. 

1 hour ago, Irbe01 said:

er9xqYQR9zAr43qeHsMAgDdXfzdxKE11-CkyXWibLKW4TpS0v-RtUe8hIfym9xKANSweAz7k-KwyBm_D2CJ9GSk3g9Rz_3NZsqoP9k8cZa1Hohx8-BlFTy7LvATUtYJY1ThkqeqjWB1rr1qVOHb6SyY-CHycclH5rVoOkolx7oXYRWm9ov6Lijy1Uug0Kkm9Ktxb42L4nTIN5Z1GI_EFjz6iMGTEZiW_U9rDo9Ch8n-KXI6I7_Uztqo_nUgtCu7t_GInOPgj4cp6xfpgKKyAUYmf3y5uVWm32PMU_39U_aGiolyMco41wzK4fOfL9Zo7erzzSRs67SaL7TlCzMFiSIIBlSUi5ERL3t3DBbU4qSP-oZVNj3bfGkw2vN0Y0kij14WKP4TSH7TB_5_ReW3pn6uNciMu1R5zyCd-KeJ5H-nmVaU-Fwn2t4afrLH1PdGchIq3k2S3VL2L_1Z-6k1JVxn46465eEgV-_5ZRjgEL3kKzH7Vtdh2v2zeofhfzvPTmCzRMFa8d2UhlaXnfgdVXDXFK-tXbPqcJxab3ROEsdhWe66nD7WVxlb_mCDwiazYJ7XD_dsuNhlw2Z8hdrcfgB2suNuxxNUB_Uof3l4x2S9qCjfbdDlgZZICaPykilEKTBcXJ8KbNNKVRodArW7gKBv9JYrY_pzYljy3eKkLNFBe9N-0DTRGR19TO3V3alqBBlry2sBXCd_VRYOqUfSU7KnXeeClJXD7vsbfmEBW7yqiEepF-BywVzB88oUlqwRhUDxEqs4rFKzOPnY_9AGWVtNUKnm_eXC95JssXbUCrRpC-2Hd37uieNlsCeZd_Wk1NJ_fO543vPmW81ywqP6VEZsonSvQAKCumzDF9jHVrMAP9lJWjSUHLKx1MNoxot1iKI8mFoaCxTOULyMRWzL1TivHVNco34eH5MAhx5fKUDxJ6pi4=w710-h947-s-no?authuser=0

Got my Hyperlite 2 leg pads in the other day.  Still using my old Hyperlite 1 gloves.  I do switch out the catch glove for my Warrior G5 Pro.  The G5 closes so much easier and is way easier for stickhandling.  

I installed my TGN Pro Laces, removed the knee flaps, and used them on Wednesday.  They definitely felt lighter and less bulky than the Hyperlite 1's.  I was able to move in my stance a lot better.  I will have to adjust the strapping some, because I think I had them too tight.  I was unable to tell if they slid better or worse than the Hyperlite 1's because the summer ice was pretty bad.  That being said, I did not have any issues sliding with them.

The only thing I can see taking a bit to get used to is the slightly straighter thigh rise.  The Hyperlite 1's had a nice little curve on them that helped seal the five-hole.  I did not have any issues with this on Wednesday, but we will see how it goes as the season progresses. 

I can't see your picture for some reason. 

2 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The Vapour gloves have always had smaller pockets. 

The difference in pocket size between my Mach and Hyperlite is massive. 

I can't see your picture for some reason. 

How are you liking the HL, going to stick wit hit or switch back to the mach?

3 minutes ago, xmikex32 said:

How are you liking the HL, going to stick wit hit or switch back to the mach?

Only had one skate with it so far. I have two skates lined up next week so I'll have a better idea then. 

So far so good though. I can get my hand deeper into the glove and it's more locked in that my Mach. Just have to get used to the change in pocket location and size. 

Side by side, the Hyperlite has the smallest pocket of my three gloves. It's really too bad my Warrior doesn't match my gear, I do really like that glove. 

20230616_091624.jpg

6 hours ago, Sup_ya_sieve said:

I’m trying to decide between the Mach and hyperlite 2 blocker. 

Do you have one? Do you like it, hate it, love it?

Anyone tried both? 

I've had Ultrasonic, Hyperlite 1, Mach and now HL2. I prefer the Supreme family. I've only had a couple skates so far with HL2, but rebounds seem to come off noticeably harder and I feel I can direct them better with the Supremes. Skinner board on the HL2 looks cool, and I definitely like the presence of the cuff, but if I were to do it over again, I'd go with the Mach.

14 hours ago, mike122976 said:

when were your order and payment dates...just curious to see if the timelines are matching up to when I can expect my set.

If you give Bauer a call and hit extension 1 for order status you just give them your order number and they can let you know where your stuff is at in the process! 

Vapor90 users - quick question! I just got my glove and used it for the first time yesterday - have you found that the glove doesn't seal the ice when freezing the puck?

It seems I can either put the palm/heel of my hand down on the ice, but then the pocket of the glove is off the ice and the puck could slide out the front, or I can put the pocket down on the ice but then my heel is up and it could slip out the back.

Thoughts??

28 minutes ago, Zip said:

Vapor90 users - quick question! I just got my glove and used it for the first time yesterday - have you found that the glove doesn't seal the ice when freezing the puck?

It seems I can either put the palm/heel of my hand down on the ice, but then the pocket of the glove is off the ice and the puck could slide out the front, or I can put the pocket down on the ice but then my heel is up and it could slip out the back.

Thoughts??

I heard from someone that it will eventually wear in and you will get a better seal on the ice. I wish I remembered whom so that I could ask more details.

2 hours ago, Zip said:

Thoughts??

So, I don’t have the Vapor 90, but had the same initial problem with the 3X glove and after a few skates and a few hours opening and closing the glove over and over as I watched TV or whatever, that problem went away. 

My Mach is doing the same thing I've only used it a couple times but i had a puck come out the side when i thought i had it covered and luckily my D man was standing there and skated off with it. I also cant pick up a puck with it to save my life, my warrior gives me no issues and has a better seal.