NHL Pro Chest Protector Database

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Seeing these guys in their CAs without jerseys is interesting. My first thought is, wow the CAs don't look that big. As in, maybe CAs don't need to be reduced. After all, they were already reduced back in '05. 

Meh, I still think some stuff can be reduced.  But I agree its not as much as people make it out to be.

18 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Seeing these guys in their CAs without jerseys is interesting. My first thought is, wow the CAs don't look that big. As in, maybe CAs don't need to be reduced. After all, they were already reduced back in '05. 

CAs should be sized based on body type/size, kinda like they do with leg pads being custom sized to height and leg length.  

Found a cool picture of Ryan Miller from his first few years in Buffalo compared to now in Vancouver.  Goes to show how much bigger CAs are getting (for the most part, some keep them slimmer like Rask or Dubnyk).

IMG_3584.JPG

On 4/6/2017 at 8:29 AM, Matt3533 said:

CAs should be sized based on body type/size, kinda like they do with leg pads being custom sized to height and leg length.  

Found a cool picture of Ryan Miller from his first few years in Buffalo compared to now in Vancouver.  Goes to show how much bigger CAs are getting (for the most part, some keep them slimmer like Rask or Dubnyk).

Ok, but then they'll have goalies build their upper bodies or draft goalies with larger upper bodies so they can fill the net if it's all about CAs fitting their body type.