NHL Pro Chest Protector Database

4 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

For some reason Darling looks giant to me this year? Maybe it's the cut of the new jerseys on a big man?

I know you have a good eye for these things, TGN, but I think it just might be you forgot for a moment just how big he is. Having seen him up close on both teams, it is easy to not remember how much he is off the scale. He really looks like an NFL linebacker. And he can move. It really just isn't fair. :)

On 1/7/2018 at 7:05 AM, TheGoalNet said:

@ruckus007 good call actually... I’m curious if the pro stock ones are made off shore or here. I also thought CCM didn’t really do the beef up kits with old P1 or 11k, maybe that’s changed? 

@TGC-Rance - Any insight on this? I know your shop has carried special edition CCM units 

My pro stock Reebok P1 Bernier definitely has beefed up arms.  The chest doesn't feel particularly different than other P1s I've handled.

I've handled a pro return Budaj CCM Premier and the shoulder floaters are maybe 1/4" thicker than stock.  Arms look reinforced as well.

The Goal Crease carried a few SMUs -

Colored Reebok P1 (red, blue, maybe white??)
Colored CCM Premier (blue)
CCM Crazy Light which was I believe had the CCM Pro/P1 body and the P4 arms

Let's see how good my memory is on the first and third ones...

8 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

My pro stock Reebok P1 Bernier definitely has beefed up arms.  The chest doesn't feel particularly different than other P1s I've handled.

I've handled a pro return Budaj CCM Premier and the shoulder floaters are maybe 1/4" thicker than stock.  Arms look reinforced as well.

You're right about the Reebok P1 but it was red, blue, and black.  I ordered the blue version but just didn't like how it sit on my body so I ended up selling it.

8 hours ago, Chenner29 said:

You're right on the Reebok P1, it was Red, Blue, and black though.  

On 08/01/2018 at 9:52 PM, Chenner29 said:

You are correct on the bottom C/A. P1 with P4 arms, which were really good arms actually. I love them on the P1. Except the body was utter shit.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, estogoalie said:

Does any goalie in the NHL use a Bauer Reactor (ie: not Supreme) chest? I just got one and love it, very mobile and protective. Kinda surprised to see alot of SUpremes on this thread and not any Reactor (unless I missed it?)

Do you mean the new Vapour 1X?

I know at least Vasilevsky uses it. I'm sure there are others.

5 hours ago, estogoalie said:

Does any goalie in the NHL use a Bauer Reactor (ie: not Supreme) chest? I just got one and love it, very mobile and protective. Kinda surprised to see alot of SUpremes on this thread and not any Reactor (unless I missed it?)

Maybe people did? With the 1X and 1S, the converted all their goalies to either of these models. 

12 minutes ago, estogoalie said:

The 9000 is a great unit. I don't know what they changed it to now, I guess 1X is hybrid? Altho I just looked quick and the 1X chesty looks nothing like the Reactor.

They ditched the reactor line completely in favour of the Vapour line. C/A, pads, gloves, skates, jocks, knee pads, etc. have all made the change over to the "new" branding.

Vapour line is completely different than the Reactor line in all aspects. (C/A included)