Ritual GT Chest

cwarnar

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. 

I have to say that the arms on the Regular Ritual Pro units are what, at first, repelled me and later made me into HUGE believer in those units. Now that the chest part has taken a few pucks, it could stand a beef-up. But the arms? Still perform like new and did not need hardly any break in. 

That being said- this could be the Vaughn unit Pete WISHES he could have built.

3 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Too many flaps in the shoulders.  I cannot wait for the crack down on c/a.  I wanna see a streamlined c/a like they did with the shorts.

Agreed. I had removable padding under the floaters on my McKenney 890. Stuck out so far I couldn't move my head without hitting them.  

This does look like a beefier version of the Vaughn style units. 

I wonder what the difference of these compared the the G2 Classic Pros are. Also that most outer flap is a joke like others have mentioned here. I like how Brown does it on the Russian spec units where the padding fits only on the arm part itself. It is the roundish grey pieces seen below.

NkijjSO.jpg

One of the reasons I got a 2200 c/a was because I wanted a c/a that was NHL spec sizing.  The 1800 I am coming from has a very pronounced angular shoulder profile from the shape of the floaters.  I was hoping the NHL spec floaters would give the appearance of a more streamlined profile but in m opinion it looks even bigger.  Even with the segmented shoulders.  I know I sound nuts wanting to appear smaller lol.  

5 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

One of the reasons I got a 2200 c/a was because I wanted a c/a that was NHL spec sizing.  The 1800 I am coming from has a very pronounced angular shoulder profile from the shape of the floaters.  I was hoping the NHL spec floaters would give the appearance of a more streamlined profile but in m opinion it looks even bigger.  Even with the segmented shoulders.  I know I sound nuts wanting to appear smaller lol.  

Hah, when I was playing in high school, I hated how big my Simmonds made me look... I wanted a more streamlined c&a so bad! 

Oh how the times have changed 

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I'm barely 5'10" myself.  I just hate how big and bulky most c/a look these days.  

Yeah, even at my height I actually took in my jersey around the waist as it looked like it had, as someone else called it, the "flying squirrel" option

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, A10airknight said:

I'm assuming you tried them on. What did you think?

Super broken in out of the box, felt like a hinge in the way it opened in closed. But the break angle is far too awkward for me.

1 hour ago, A10airknight said:

What angle are they using?

I am not sure what the degree is, but I think it is supposed to feel like a 590. But someone I talked too said it doesn't feel like a 590 (which is what he uses).

On 4/11/2017 at 8:16 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

This post should have stopped at "I am not sure" lol

Well, I figured it would at least be helpful to pass on what Warrior was trying to make it feel like.

Also, it has now been said to be a 70 degree. 590 is said to be a 60 degree but companies don't use uniform measurements.

• 1 month later...

Mine came in yesterday afternoon and 5 hours later I was on the ice wearing it :-) The weight is about the same as the Premier SR (for those interested - I can only compare to the Premier since that's the only newish c/a I have ever owned) but I feel like it is way more balanced. With the Premier I had the feeling of wearing a backpack in front of me, I don't have  that feeling at all with the R/GT. I feel like there is almost no break-in time, as it already feels very comfortable. Really like the mix of different materials, and the arms are great. They are much much more flexible than the Premier arms. Nice protection on the arms, and I didn't feel a single shot in the chest. Very happy so far!

Archived