Warrior CR1

TheGoalNet

@TheGoalNet forgive me if you did go through this on your video and I’m just spacing... but what about the point of balance on all these sticks?

i realize you have some taped up etc, but I think that’s something that often gets overlooked. Weight is one thing, but where the stick’s balance point is often has a lot to do with how it feels when playing. Any chance you could post up a comparison of all the twigs?

On 4/6/2018 at 1:13 AM, BadAngle41 said:

@TheGoalNet forgive me if you did go through this on your video and I’m just spacing... but what about the point of balance on all these sticks?

i realize you have some taped up etc, but I think that’s something that often gets overlooked. Weight is one thing, but where the stick’s balance point is often has a lot to do with how it feels when playing. Any chance you could post up a comparison of all the twigs?

That's one thing I hated about the only composite stick I ever had, a Sherwood RM9.  The balance was awful it was so paddle heavy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2018 at 12:13 AM, BadAngle41 said:

What is it you'd like to see specifically?

What is it you'd like to see specifically?

@TheGoalNet you sorta hit on it the video when you were trying to get the sticks to balance on the scale... where on the stick (stock shaft length w/o tape ideally) the stick balances over its length. Overall weight is great... but the balance point gives you line of sight as to where that weight is located. Up high in the shaft? Blade? Paddle? Grip? Those are what translate into feel in a game. Lower balance point (towards the blade) gives you a much different feel than a higher balance point (say the grip.) 

For example take Anderson's stick save last night. A low balance point would mean a much different level of effort to get that blade over in time to make that save as opposed to a higher balance point at the grip. Getting the stick moving in the different direction... you know that whole inertia thing. 

image.thumb.png.7ab23da4a11f8721b634c6761a66ae6e.png

So what you want me to figure out a way of quantifying the balance point?

The problem is that I don't want to remove all my Butt Endz. There's also an issue of people's knobs affecting their stick balance in use. This could be something I look at moving forward. 

I also question what is more important... Balance or a uniform feel? 

15 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

So what you want me to figure out a way of quantifying the balance point?

The problem is that I don't want to remove all my Butt Endz. There's also an issue of people's knobs affecting their stick balance in use. This could be something I look at moving forward. 

I also question what is more important... Balance or a uniform feel? 

I certainly am not asking you to remove knobs or anything... we could always throw up a topic and ask for guys to post balance points on their fresh twigs. I'm just saying balance IS feel. Uniformity for a stick is a measure of the manufacturer's process. Balance is how it feels when you're playing. I could take the CR1's 1.579 lbs and make that FEEL very heavy or very light. It all depends on where that weight is located. It's easy to make a shaft light... which pushes the balance of the stick towards the blade... which can make it feel heavy when compared to stick of similar weight and higher balance point.

As for testing we could do a finger test. Lay the paddle down on your index finger and see where you have to move it to get it to balance.

5 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I certainly am not asking you to remove knobs or anything... we could always throw up a topic and ask for guys to post balance points on their fresh twigs. I'm just saying balance IS feel. Uniformity for a stick is a measure of the manufacturer's process. Balance is how it feels when you're playing. I could take the CR1's 1.579 lbs and make that FEEL very heavy or very light. It all depends on where that weight is located. It's easy to make a shaft light... which pushes the balance of the stick towards the blade... which can make it feel heavy when compared to stick of similar weight and higher balance point.

As for testing we could do a finger test. Lay the paddle down on your index finger and see where you have to move it to get it to balance.

Agreed.  

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Ok I finally did it.  26” Mrazek is on its way.  I sold some car parts so that offsets the price.  It’d be great if I can still sell these two Swagger Pro sticks as well. 

Going to use mine during Lunch today when I skate. I have not used it in forever. 

• 1 month later...

So it may be time to finally retire one of these. Stick has held up pretty good, but my game on Friday night saw about 4-5 good shot his the shaft right above the blocker.

They all hit the exact same spot...

So playing normally and shooting is fine, but it's super wobbly going in the other direction. Definitely got far more life out of my foam core, but man are composites nice too.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I have been looking for a CR1 in Full Right and have had no success.  Does anyone know where I can find one?  Thank you!

-steve

Only in the CHL and the graphic was backwards... they don’t exist 

• 1 month later...

Archived