2023-24 Gear Sitings

A.YOUNGoalie13

2 hours ago, MTH said:

Simple masks are under appreciated.

Quoted for truth!   If I need to lug a telescope to the stands to see WTF is going on with your mask, you've done it wrong.   I yearn for the days of Belfour, Cujo and Richter when you could make out what was on the mask watching terrible 90's TV.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Puckstopper said:

Quoted for truth!   If I need to lug a telescope to the stands to see WTF is going on with your mask, you've done it wrong.   I yearn for the days of Belfour, Cujo and Richter when you could make out what was on the mask watching terrible 90's TV.  

Going to use this as a platform to say I've always loved Husso's masks (hey look, Mr. Goaliecustomizer worked on this). https://www.instagram.com/p/CxnxpwKMvdS/

image.png.db60bd2a0943d60f82afe7cd7caa5873.png

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Possibly reflecting the blue paint.  It's bright out there.

It always takes me a moment to get used to professionally lit ice surfaces compared to most minor league rinks. 

I occasionally play on the WHL Giants Ice surface and not only is the ice great, but it's fucking bright too. 

Also considerably warmer too. 

• Like 1

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

It always takes me a moment to get used to professionally lit ice surfaces compared to most minor league rinks. 

I occasionally play on the WHL Giants Ice surface and not only is the ice great, but it's fucking bright too. 

Yup. I play on the Silvertips ice tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Yup. I play on the Silvertips ice tonight.

Same for the Winterhawks' ice. Ice is great, the acoustics are rad (lot of "bpew" sounds from puck or stick ricochets), but it's noticeably warmer than the smaller barn (not the other rink, that one is a scorcher sometimes). The extra fun part is none of the doors on the ice are openable from the on the ice, so you have to either have someone to open them or have skateguards on the bench that will let you walk from their exit to the paths that go to the locker rooms.

• Like 1

Driedger's new bucket.  Painted by a fine art artist,  not a typical helmet airbrush artist. 

I'm really digging the design and colors.  It looks really good with how zoomed-in the perspective is making all the elements look larger than they should be.  It's a cool effect. 

Screenshot_20230927_213247_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_213300_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_213304_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/26/2023 at 3:39 PM, Puckstopper said:

On 9/26/2023 at 5:16 PM, keeperton said:

Going to use this as a platform to say I've always loved Husso's masks (hey look, Mr. Goaliecustomizer worked on this). https://www.instagram.com/p/CxnxpwKMvdS/

image.png.db60bd2a0943d60f82afe7cd7caa5873.png

My buddy put it well this morning looking at Driedger's new helmet:  they look better when it's one big thing as opposed to many little things.

In other words, simple looks better than complex.

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

Driedger's new bucket.  Painted by a fine art artist,  not a typical helmet airbrush artist. 

I'm really digging the design and colors.  It looks really good with how zoomed-in the perspective is making all the elements look larger than they should be.  It's a cool effect. 

Screenshot_20230927_213247_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_213300_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230927_213304_Samsung Internet.jpg

I didn't think Jay still did masks. Cool to see him (back) at it, always loved his masks in the WHL.

6 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Yeah, I looked him up.  I only saw paintings, nothing related to goalie helmets other than an Instagram story.

Yeah, his last mask post was from early 2018. Some of y'all might find it familiar since it was Szabados' Olympics mask.

It looks like he kind of purged them off of his Instagram, which is a shame since there were some really great ones (I remember some very cool Golden Bears masks).

image.png.7cdf4ed0ea781ecd8ef3c2376dd04ba0.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

My buddy put it well this morning looking at Driedger's new helmet:  they look better when it's one big thing as opposed to many little things.

In other words, simple looks better than complex.

I've always liked simple team themed masks the best too.  Fuhr Brodeur etc. 

Edited by Scythe