Need new pants

Hockey School Dropout

Hey,

So I've had a pair of Tackla pants for a few years now.  They've been pretty decent, but I'm tired of sewing them up.  Part of the inner lining has worn off and padding is sticking out here and there.  Time for some new shorts.

I'm a bit of an oddity when it comes to size, so it's hard to find a good fitting pant.  The Tacklas were good because they had a shorter leg.  

So I need a relatively decent pant protection wise (I'm not facing top tier shooters 95% of the time), but need one that has shorter legs as I am only 5'6" - 5'7".  I wear 38" waist jeans, which are somewhat loose, so I'm really about a 37" waist.  I don't want to spend a whole lot as I only play 1-2 times a week.

Hoping for some recommendations for mainstream manufacturers that I can get at a LHS and not have to order.

Thanks all.

HSD 

I'm similar in size and use the warrior ritual X pro size small.  Biggest improvement (gear related) to my game as I can move far better.  The first Gen ritual pant had quality issues so ensure you pick up the ritual X. 

3 hours ago, Hockey School Dropout said:

Hey,

So I've had a pair of Tackla pants for a few years now.  They've been pretty decent, but I'm tired of sewing them up.  Part of the inner lining has worn off and padding is sticking out here and there.  Time for some new shorts.

I'm a bit of an oddity when it comes to size, so it's hard to find a good fitting pant.  The Tacklas were good because they had a shorter leg.  

So I need a relatively decent pant protection wise (I'm not facing top tier shooters 95% of the time), but need one that has shorter legs as I am only 5'6" - 5'7".  I wear 38" waist jeans, which are somewhat loose, so I'm really about a 37" waist.  I don't want to spend a whole lot as I only play 1-2 times a week.

Hoping for some recommendations for mainstream manufacturers that I can get at a LHS and not have to order.

Thanks all.

HSD 

Call the goalie crease. They had a great selection of ProStock CCM Pants

theyre way better than anything at retail 

On 3/25/2017 at 8:08 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I agree with this, I still wish the CCM pro pants had padding on the back of the legs though like my Bauer pro department pants do.

15 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Prostockhockey.com has pro stock Warrior breezers. 

Those aren't actually pro stock and have had some durability issues. Warrior seemed to be very good with fixing the issues that have popped up though.

48 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Really?!? I was wondering if they just did not spec their own runs of Warrior gear...

This article/post goes over what PSH does with Warrior gloves and other products. It applies to their goalie gear as well. Doesn't mean you are getting a bad product by any means, it was just never made for a Pro team.

https://hockeyreviews.ca/2016/09/06/is-prostockhockey-com-actually-pro-stock/

16 minutes ago, Hills said:

This article/post goes over what PSH does with Warrior gloves and other products. It applies to their goalie gear as well. Doesn't mean you are getting a bad product by any means, it was just never made for a Pro team.

https://hockeyreviews.ca/2016/09/06/is-prostockhockey-com-actually-pro-stock/

Why are they acting like it's pro stock, then?

That is deceptive, plain and simple.

On March 25, 2017 at 8:08 PM, TheGoalNet said:

At 5'7'' the CCM Pro Stock will be too large for him!

They come in large and XL ++++

just bought a pair for my son 6' tall a large he tried them on tonight and he loves them - great protection and very ample. He had a pair of Bauer's top model prior to the current one and both are large. The Bauers are made a lot smaller than the CCM, awesome purchase!

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:57 AM, cwarnar said:

Brown... 2300 if you tuck, 2400 if you don't.  John is amazing to work with and will do mods or custom requests... and likely they'll be the last oants you ever own.

I have the 2300, super protective, light and mobile.

Brown is awesome for all his gear. I have the 2000 pants which are closest to Tackla. But at the beginning of the thread, it was mentioned about not spending a lot. Brown isn't cheap.

Other option is US Tackla ( offshore made) is available about $200. More of a senior than pro level pant.

5 minutes ago, goalie said:

Brown is awesome for all his gear. I have the 2000 pants which are closest to Tackla. But at the beginning of the thread, it was mentioned about not spending a lot. Brown isn't cheap.

Other option is US Tackla ( offshore made) is available about $200. More of a senior than pro level pant.

You can find that Tackla 6000 for around $125 these days, FYI. 

On 2017-04-04 at 4:48 PM, TheGoalNet said:

I've heard great things about McKenny pants too & they do custom 

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I've heard great things s well.  

Agreed, and I have a pair of McKenney 870 pants. Well made and protective. Mine were stock and $200CDN at United Cycle in Edmonton.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived