Jump to content

Clearing Out Some Gear


bunnyman666

Recommended Posts

I am clearing out, but not because I am leaving the avocation of goaltending! I am merely clearing out due to figuring out that I have all of this fantastic gear that I will never use or use up! By the time I get to using it up, I will be very old. In the end, I am clearing space. 

A few just weren’t hits, others were purchasing errors. But all the same- I no longer need these extra items.

Anyone else going through this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A list of the stuff would be great!

 Honestly, I'm a hoarder. I like having 2 sets of everything. Did just sell my skates though (used) to a local so I could buy the cowlingless bauers. Player gear never sticks around though, that I donate to the new players if it's still servicable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I can relate.  I always have gear coming and going.  I keep a few key sets and try to sell the rest.  My wife is cool with my habit as long as something goes out when something comes in.

-steve

LOL my wife doesn’t know half of all the stuff I have!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

LOL my wife doesn’t know half of all the stuff I have!

LMAO!  Mine judges gear by volume occupied in the basement rather than by specific item.  She is actually very good at identifying when something is added or subtracted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, beansbats said:

LMAO!  Mine judges gear by volume occupied in the basement rather than by specific item.  She is actually very good at identifying when something is added or subtracted.

My wife never comes to the basement. THAT is what saves me!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had my Jeep Cherokee stolen in the day with all my gear in it. After that I always have several sets of gear in reserve.

When my gear was stolen, at the time that was all I had. Mid season too and just started my first job and paying for my apartment. I had to beg borrow and find anything that somewhat worked. Player skates, pads that only came to my knee cap, etc. Was brutal and comical looking back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MTH said:

I had my Jeep Cherokee stolen in the day with all my gear in it. After that I always have several sets of gear in reserve.

When my gear was stolen, at the time that was all I had. Mid season too and just started my first job and paying for my apartment. I had to beg borrow and find anything that somewhat worked. Player skates, pads that only came to my knee cap, etc. Was brutal and comical looking back.

With this clear out, I will still have two full sets. 

I understand where you come from after an experience like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mike24 said:

Are you putting this stuff in the for sale section?   I’d like to see pics.  

No- I can’t drive at the moment to ship items and I just want this stuff out of my life at this point. PIAS is where they will go. I know I am not getting top dollar, but it is all gone at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

  • Member Statistics

    2,016
    Total Members
    2,646
    Most Online
    Bigfreeze
    Newest Member
    Bigfreeze
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...