Clearing Out Some Gear

bunnyman666

I am clearing out, but not because I am leaving the avocation of goaltending! I am merely clearing out due to figuring out that I have all of this fantastic gear that I will never use or use up! By the time I get to using it up, I will be very old. In the end, I am clearing space. 

A few just weren’t hits, others were purchasing errors. But all the same- I no longer need these extra items.

Anyone else going through this? 

A list of the stuff would be great!

Honestly, I'm a hoarder. I like having 2 sets of everything. Did just sell my skates though (used) to a local so I could buy the cowlingless bauers. Player gear never sticks around though, that I donate to the new players if it's still servicable.

14 minutes ago, beansbats said:

I can relate.  I always have gear coming and going.  I keep a few key sets and try to sell the rest.  My wife is cool with my habit as long as something goes out when something comes in.

-steve

LOL my wife doesn’t know half of all the stuff I have!

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

LOL my wife doesn’t know half of all the stuff I have!

LMAO!  Mine judges gear by volume occupied in the basement rather than by specific item.  She is actually very good at identifying when something is added or subtracted.

2 minutes ago, beansbats said:

LMAO!  Mine judges gear by volume occupied in the basement rather than by specific item.  She is actually very good at identifying when something is added or subtracted.

My wife never comes to the basement. THAT is what saves me!!!!

I had my Jeep Cherokee stolen in the day with all my gear in it. After that I always have several sets of gear in reserve.

When my gear was stolen, at the time that was all I had. Mid season too and just started my first job and paying for my apartment. I had to beg borrow and find anything that somewhat worked. Player skates, pads that only came to my knee cap, etc. Was brutal and comical looking back.

8 minutes ago, MTH said:

I had my Jeep Cherokee stolen in the day with all my gear in it. After that I always have several sets of gear in reserve.

When my gear was stolen, at the time that was all I had. Mid season too and just started my first job and paying for my apartment. I had to beg borrow and find anything that somewhat worked. Player skates, pads that only came to my knee cap, etc. Was brutal and comical looking back.

With this clear out, I will still have two full sets. 

I understand where you come from after an experience like that. 

1 minute ago, Mike24 said:

Are you putting this stuff in the for sale section?   I’d like to see pics.  

No- I can’t drive at the moment to ship items and I just want this stuff out of my life at this point. PIAS is where they will go. I know I am not getting top dollar, but it is all gone at the same time.

Archived