The "I Need a New Mask" Thread

cwarnar

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about a TT style cheater? That seems like the best of both worlds, except maybe the 'doofus' factor... Honestly I don't see the point of having the bars slightly apart as in the second photo instead of together as in the first (these photos are not mine).

fetch?id=2858926

6527426497_90f601edda_z.jpg

• 9 months later...

I am in the market for a new mask, my nme 4 is a one size fit all and its uncomfortable, way too small and it pulls on my cheekbones and i constantly need to adjust it

I was checking out the Vaughn 7700 on GoalieMonkey, because its an older model and it wouldnt be too pricey for an intermediate level mask. I read the reviews of it and for the most part, with the exception of 3 or 4 reviews i believe, everyone was happy with it.

Anyone have any recommendations?

2 hours ago, Max27 said:

I am in the market for a new mask, my nme 4 is a one size fit all and its uncomfortable, way too small and it pulls on my cheekbones and i constantly need to adjust it

I was checking out the Vaughn 7700 on GoalieMonkey, because its an older model and it wouldnt be too pricey for an intermediate level mask. I read the reviews of it and for the most part, with the exception of 3 or 4 reviews i believe, everyone was happy with it.

Anyone have any recommendations?

What is your budget and head size?

2 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

As long as it is fibreglass and not polycarbonate (unless we are speaking about a Wall), then it’s great. 

Of course we want you to save your pennies for a Protechsport! Get the fibreglass cheapie for now and get the good helmet for later!

its made of lexan

i wanna get a sportmask in the future but i dont have a lot of $ rn

19 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

@Max27 This would be a good deal for you.

being honest, i wouldnt really trust getting a used mask. Most important gear piece imo and idk how much they use it, and they could very well just lie abt how long it was used. A guy on Youtube, ChrisB10 I think the accs name is, said that when youre buying used gear, "used 6 months"= used a season or 2

18 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

Yes- you are right on in many cases, there is gross under reporting when it comes to use.

A mask made of composite is pretty well a decently easy to see whether or not it’s okay to use. Knock on it and if you hear clear thunks, it’s good. Any thud from knocking is a danger area.

yeah youre right

• SaveByRichter35 changed the title to I Need a New Helmet But I Don't Know What I Want, Please Help Me
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m looking at 4 main helmets currently and can’t decide which one is the best for me.  They are as follows the otny x1eco foam elite, the masked marvel bandit, the new coveted 906(now certified), and the Sportmask t3. Keep in mind I have a very, very small head that can stil fit in a junior mask comfortably.  Any other recommendations are welcome. It must be hecc certified though. Thanks!

7 minutes ago, cwarnar said:

All are relatively good options.  I was just in the same boat (minus the tiny Melon).  I actually got a Sportmask Pro 3, F Series from @TGC-Ranceat the Goalie Crease.

What's your budget, level of play and most importantly which one do you like?

I have around $1000, I play for a d1 hs school team and aa. I haven’t been able to try any on, I’m sort of just wondering what has the best protection of them all. After I figure that out I’ll order whatever one I believe is the best in my size, then if it doesn’t fit me, move onto the next brand. I don’t believe there is a certified mask that costs more than $1000 so I’m open to almost any certified mask. 

1 hour ago, BadAngle41 said:

@Hockey1234 what are you wearing now? I ask bc the shape of the masks you mentioned vary quite a lot and I wasn't sure if you're trying for something different from what you have now or not. 

I have a bauer nme 7, fit 2. Doesn’t fit me that well, way too long and too wide for my face. The fit 1 for bauer nme 8 fit me perfectly. 

1 hour ago, Hockey1234 said:

I have a bauer nme 7, fit 2. Doesn’t fit me that well, way too long and too wide for my face. The fit 1 for bauer nme 8 fit me perfectly. 

Stupid question, but if the Bauer fit 1 is perfect - why not buy a pro level Bauer fit 1?

Archived