Companies to Avoid

TheGoalNet

I've had issues with Monster Hockey, twice 

I believe I posted my experience in another thread, this is the short version.

Innovative/interesting products. 

After the first time I had to follow up twice about my order over the course of 4-6 weeks back in 2016.

I saw the post about re shuffling/reworking company structure, dove in again in 2017. Had to follow up a few times the second time. I had explained my issues with them in the past and was told that I wouldn't have to worry, they had everything figured out

Was told something would be in the mail, it was packed and ready to be shipped and I would have tracking on day by end of day on a Friday. Friday came and passed, when I had followed up on Monday mid day/afternoon I was told that there was an issue with my address (same address I would have used on the first one) and that's why it didn't go out.

If it was packed and shipped up, wouldn't I have been reached out to on either Friday when the package was packed OR Monday morning prior to me having to reach back out for I believe the 7th or 8th time for my second order.

Lack of communication/run around/not being clear with expectations put a bad taste in my mouth.

8 minutes ago, CalValce said:

After the first time I had to follow up twice about my order over the course of 4-6 weeks back in 2016.

I saw the post about re shuffling/reworking company structure, dove in again in 2017. Had to follow up a few times the second time. I had explained my issues with them in the past and was told that I wouldn't have to worry, they had everything figured out

Was told something would be in the mail, it was packed and ready to be shipped and I would have tracking on day by end of day on a Friday. Friday came and passed, when I had followed up on Monday mid day/afternoon I was told that there was an issue with my address (same address I would have used on the first one) and that's why it didn't go out.

If it was packed and shipped up, wouldn't I have been reached out to on either Friday when the package was packed OR Monday morning prior to me having to reach back out for I believe the 7th or 8th time for my second order.

Lack of communication/run around/not being clear with expectations put a bad taste in my mouth.

I can second this. 

I've had issues with product durability (Velcro used in knee blocks), response time, delivery time, product install explanation / understanding of install on Monster' end, and customer service (unfilled promises after I pointed out the issues with install)

I have a story that I'd like to share about an extremely unprofessional individual but I feel that there'd be a backlash. And that's because this person is deceased and was very well liked and respected by the goalie community.

Anyway I do remember another time when the Maltese foam mask kits had just taken off in popularity. I ordered one, nothing after two weeks. Called 'em up and asked what the deal was and they said "It should be there any day now". A few more days went by and nothing. Called again and asked for tracking information and whoever was on the other end of that phone paused and then put me on hold for for like 5 minutes. they came back on and claimed they didn't have that information available at the moment and they'd call me back with it. Long story short, just a little over a month from the time I ordered is when I got the kit. And by that time it was too late, I needed a mask ready like 2 weeks earlier. Then all these other online stories were getting posted about their snail-slow shipping.

Been avoiding them ever since.

35 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

I have a story that I'd like to share about an extremely unprofessional individual but I feel that there'd be a backlash. And that's because this person is deceased and was very well liked and respected by the goalie community.

Anyway I do remember another time when the Maltese foam mask kits had just taken off in popularity. I ordered one, nothing after two weeks. Called 'em up and asked what the deal was and they said "It should be there any day now". A few more days went by and nothing. Called again and asked for tracking information and whoever was on the other end of that phone paused and then put me on hold for for like 5 minutes. they came back on and claimed they didn't have that information available at the moment and they'd call me back with it. Long story short, just a little over a month from the time I ordered is when I got the kit. And by that time it was too late, I needed a mask ready like 2 weeks earlier. Then all these other online stories were getting posted about their snail-slow shipping.

Been avoiding them ever since.

Yes- I remember a pair of lace bite protectors taking three weeks to be delivered. Whilst liking the product in general, I won't buy directly. 

I know I've posted about this before, but BAHR sold me a pro return P1 chesty in "good condition" last year.  When I got it, the nylon webbing adjustment straps all started ripping apart right in my hand like cotton candy while I was trying to adjust the shoulder floaters. 

Essan didn't want to take it back or give me a full refund because he said "it's used, what do you expect?"  Then proceeded to tell me it was my fault and I pulled too hard on the straps...wtf, I'm not the damn Hulk.  Anyway, first and last time I'll deal with that nonsense.  Good thing I bought it on Ebay and the fine folks over there agreed with my complaint and made him refund my money plus shipping AND cover the return cost.

4 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

I know I've posted about this before, but BAHR sold me a pro return P1 chesty in "good condition" last year.  When I got it, the nylon webbing adjustment straps all started ripping apart right in my hand like cotton candy while I was trying to adjust the shoulder floaters. 

Essan didn't want to take it back or give me a full refund because he said "it's used, what do you expect?"  Then proceeded to tell me it was my fault and I pulled too hard on the straps...wtf, I'm not the damn Hulk.  Anyway, first and last time I'll deal with that nonsense.  Good thing I bought it on Ebay and the fine folks over there agreed with my complaint and made him refund my money plus shipping AND cover the return cost.

Your story made me avoid them like the plague!

18 minutes ago, jayluv54 said:

I had some weird dealings with him too. He sold me a Bauer glove with no wrist and didnt tell me it had no wrist strap. He took a similar approach with me as @jayluv54 and sorta pointed the finger at me.

I worked out a refund with him, but I just didn't get good a great impression of him. 

2 hours ago, CalValce said:

I was never out money and always received product, but communication became really dicey and “flash” sales always in my experience were products that weren’t even built yet, resulting in unexpected delays.

If I can get the same product with fewer delays elsewhere, I am going with elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I had some weird dealings with him too. He sold me a Bauer glove with no wrist and didnt tell me it had no wrist strap. He took a similar approach with me as @jayluv54 and sorta pointed the finger at me.

I worked out a refund with him, but I just didn't get good a great impression of him. 

The word is that he can do some decent repair work, but a shady businessman for sure.

even as a monster user and supporter, my Hal straps took maybe 3 weeks to get which was pretty lengthy. I think they need to rethink there business model. They should have stock stuff that ships immediately but it sounds like they make everything when its ordered (sounds like a solid idea but when your selling something thats not custom at all it doesn't make sense) I think they should follow the pro laces approach. find a retailer (pro laces teams up with pure hockey, proskategoal, etc.) and supply them and sell from there.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, jeff da goalie said:

I'll third or fourth Monster. Durability and delays.  And asshole sales reps.

That is so sad because in a year’s time, I saw what was a company that gave Cadillac-style service become a place that had a bad fast food franchisee’s service of style. It is bitterly disappointing. 

Archived