Digiprint Thread

ChippedWall

I was never a fan of the Bauer Reactor 4 graphic when it was cut and sewn, but something about how it looks printed makes it 100x better to the eye...

Or maybe it's just that I'm getting old and really tired of all crap new graphics that are coming out?

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

I was never a fan of the Bauer Reactor 4 graphic when it was cut and sewn, but something about how it looks printed makes it 100x better to the eye...

Or maybe it's just that I'm getting old and really tired of all crap new graphics that are coming out?

Nostalgia glasses are a real thing. I always liked the Velocity 1 graphic more than the Velocity 2 graphic, but even now I'm like, "ooohh, that looks pretty good. 👀"

Is there anything inherently different with the way CCM and Bauer do their digiprint stuff?  CCM seems to do a much better job making the graphics look realistic.  I've only seen a few Bauer digiprints that actually look good.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jerd31 said:

Is there anything inherently different with the way CCM and Bauer do their digiprint stuff?  CCM seems to do a much better job making the graphics look realistic.  I've only seen a few Bauer digiprints that actually look good.

Funny, I find CCM's version to be worse. 

On 5/15/2024 at 10:43 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Funny, I find CCM's version to be worse. 

I don't know if it because of printed "stitchings" or a pad looks more like an ice hockey pad but CCM looks way better.

Wonder when True releases own version.... 

On 5/15/2024 at 4:31 PM, Lucky Pucker said:

Snapped this some time ago at a Pro Hockey Life in town. Now there’s something I can do with it 

IMG_5695.jpeg

Sounds like either there's multiple of that set or we'll be the final store to have them. They won't let us sell them until the next line is out though

PXL_20240518_181919861.thumb.jpg.35e2720069cb9811fd13c60dd8632594.jpg

Posted (edited)

Fantastic use and modification of the graphic. But it does illustrate the issues with CCM’s printing process. The gloves were almost completely faded by playoffs.

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg

IMG_0855.jpeg

Edited by RedX
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RedX said:

Fantastic use and modification of the graphic. But it does illustrate the issues with CCM’s printing process. The gloves were almost completely faded by playoffs.

IMG_0853.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg

IMG_0855.jpeg

Based on the lack of puck marks in the red set, I'm taking a guess and saying that's due to magic eraser or something similar. 

There's been some sideline sets that have been cleaned up with the same result. 

Just shows how Bauers skin stands out. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Based on the lack of puck marks in the red set, I'm taking a guess and saying that's due to magic eraser or something similar. 

I had wondered that about ccms printing. There doesn't feel like there's a clear coat over the print like bauers. The printed ccms we have almost feel chalky. That said I still want a set and may one day look into it as both room decor and a beer league set

Edited by ThatCarGuy

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Maybe you’re right, either way most of the sets kind of look like this after Christmas. 

IMG_0861.jpeg

IMG_0859.webp

IMG_0858.jpeg

Edited by RedX