Weasel Head Chin Sling

TheGoalNet

Also interested!

protechsport glues a piece of black Eva to jenpro. Maltese is their gel foam only with no backer. Weaselhead has what appears to be a sandwich of jenpro, foam, and Nash material. The weaselhead version appears to be the nicest form of it, but you cannot trim to fit. 

I like the one that came in my Protechsport but as some of you know, eva foam has a shorter lifespan. 

I used the older style (cream colored) in my Stacey.  It was really nice, my only complaint was that it started to wear with my facial scruff.  The new material Doug is using seems to be different than what I used.  The previous generation was soft and had a perforated surface.

I found a screengrab from Tomy's review video of Wlzhead's stuff:

1094074127_ScreenShot2018-07-25at10_18_17AM.png.f42b78edffcfac737266a8c5f553d276.png

I swapped it out when I installed my Maltese kit.

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

His looks like it’s made of new Bauer sweatband material and it attaches to the mask chin. I don’t think it’s suspended 

9A5BF6D2-8A0B-4D4F-B075-407B6CA511C6.jpeg

Rubatex generally doesn't hold up well after being stitched through like that, especially once sweat starts getting into it and making it brittle.

When I get my PCs from Dom, the chin sling is suspended from the chin, which leads me to believe it is necessary to have a gap there.

I use Pad Wrap/Pad Skinz to create a backing layer to my Maltese chin slings.

1 minute ago, Chenner29 said:

Rubatex generally doesn't hold up well after being stitched through like that, especially once sweat starts getting into it and making it brittle.

When I get my PCs from Dom, the chin sling is suspended from the chin, which leads me to believe it is necessary to have a gap there.

I use Pad Wrap/Pad Skinz to create a backing layer to my Maltese chin slings.

That's essentially what the Protechsport one is. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Weasel one that i've been using for a good 5 years or so now. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. And just like cwarnar, my then scruff was causing lint build up on the cream material. Now with a full beard, there's less rubbing but more catching, and occasionally eating of chin hair ?

You can find a bunch of different examples here.

https://www.google.com/search?q=goalie+mask+chin+sling&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiN6K6k6uPcAhWpr1kKHeFrA-cQ_AUICigB&biw=1600&bih=798#imgrc=_

I'd be interested in checking out the Nash one. Some jenpro would definitely feel better on the whiskers :)

Archived