New goalie stick - what do you recommend?

Big2

I love Sherwoods and wanted to use them until I die (or maybe something less dramatic, like stop playing hockey) but I've been incredibly disappointed in how the quality of their sticks have dropped off in the past few years. And sadly, I'm not confident that Sherwood's going to be around for much longer. So I've switched to CCM, and have been much happier with the quality of their sticks. Sad, used to love my Sherwoods, and I really wanted to see that brand stick around.

@MTH, that blank CCM stick offer is tempting. How did you manage to get one for $40? I'm not seeing anything that low on their page... I'm a bit nervous I'd get a curve I hate. I guess that's part of the gamble.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found the BPM 150 will picking up 1-2 sticks

As far as quality of the Sherwood sticks is concerned I would put them well ahead of the CCM - My son has gone through 2 CCM vs 1 Sherwood with less ice time on the CCM

Thanks to all for your input

2 hours ago, Big2 said:

Found the BPM 150 will picking up 1-2 sticks

As far as quality of the Sherwood sticks is concerned I would put them well ahead of the CCM - My son has gone through 2 CCM vs 1 Sherwood with less ice time on the CCM

Thanks to all for your input

New ones use Graphine and should be even more durable 

On 8/1/2018 at 8:03 AM, TheGoalNet said:

If you can get a Sher-Wood BPM150, I’d go with that

If not, I’d rank the other similar sticks in order like this

- CCM P2

- True 6.0

- CR1 

I’d probably steer clear clear of Bauer. Not at al because it’s a bad stick, just because it’s way different than Sher-Wood. 

If he wants a Bauer go 2S and not 2S Pro, again 2S Pro is good stick. It’s just the furthest thing from Sher-Wood on the market 

I’ve used all models above 

TGN

Can you elaborate on the Bauer sticks I can get the 2s for $220 Cdn which I think is a decent price and the BPM 150 at $270 cdn which is past my threshold for a stick.

Going to look at them in the next few days with my son 

On 8/1/2018 at 6:58 PM, mr_shifty1982 said:

True sticks don't last...you will be lucky for a season unless something has changed. 

Every stick breaks, eventually. Do some last longer than others? Maybe. I say it's all how much bad luck you have. Some guys take a stick on the ice and it's broken after 6 minutes, they can't wait to race home and write a paragraph review on how the company sucks and how they shouldn't buy that stick. Another dude has much better luck where a puck doesn't touch his stick for 6 months until it breaks and then all of a sudden it's an amazing stick cus it lasted that long. Other factors are how much ice time you get in a week, how many pucks you're gonna get at that stick in that time, who you're playing against, how well you take care of your stuff etc.

Bottom line is sticks break. So I say just buy whatever feels good off the rack and hope for the best. Nothing else you can do really.

On 8/1/2018 at 5:19 PM, Big2 said:

Guys where can we source Sherwood - like I said they where sold and I can't find them in Montreal?

Sorry but I am looking for composite sticks onlu

Canadian tire bought Sherwood, and Canadian tire owns pro hockey life. If you want one of the bpms they're on sale for 50% off right now. I just grabbed one today and want to test it after the long weekend.

Jacob where do you live - my local CanadianTire doesn't carry them?

I am all set for a little while but I would like more options than SportRousseau who is asking $270 and I can't stand them!

Jacob disregard- Alberta, kind of far for me in Montreal. 

On 8/3/2018 at 4:06 PM, bunnyman666 said:

Cans AND vinyl cutting!!!

Yes- I let gnats imbed themselves in my paint ON PURPOSE!!!!’

No not the spraypaint.

The trash can in the background has the raddest paint job for the word "cans" I've seen in quite some time.

Reminds me of:

rad_logo.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.j

Archived