Whalers

MTH

An all-time great logo, and a great color-scheme to boot. I'm fairly ambivalent about it being brought back as a nostalgia cash-grab, but they'll still be cool to see.

I will posit that if Scott Darling, Brian's man, doesn't rock a pair of Sean Burke replicas, the entire thing is fucking pointless.

9 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

I always loved the Whalers uniform. As a Habs fan, I have great memories of watching the Adams division games.

One thing I remembered, even as a kid, was thinking how Liut's mask always looked to me like it hurt his face. Maybe it's just me though...?

image.png.75f2aa40a4f4611762f54a36f43478eb.pngimage.png.91c59e927b53cac964463e9f5438f0ed.png

Liut was one of the reasons why I became obsessed with playing goal. I liked him MUCH better in a Blues sweater, but would PROUDLY rock a Whalers uni with the name Liut on the back.

I may end up doing my own version of that mask!

1 minute ago, bunnyman666 said:

Liut was one of the reasons why I became obsessed with playing goal. I liked him MUCH better in a Blues sweater, but would PROUDLY rock a Whalers uni with the name Liut on the back.

I may end up doing my own version of that mask!

Nice - so YOU can tell me if it hurts YOUR face then (Liut has been ducking me every since '86)

14 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

They're never coming back. The sooner we accept this the better. I live in CT, people have delusional thoughts that they will come back every year.

It’s just like the delusionalists in St. Louis believing the Nasty Foot Lickers when they say that St. Louis is the first place they’ll consider for expansion since the city of St. Louis did such a “good job” jumping through the flaming hoops set before them, the Nasty Foot Lickers knowing FULL WELL that the Lambs were going BACK to LA. 

I would rather watch competitive paint drying than the Nasty Foot Lickers.

3 hours ago, Moose75 said:

They're never coming back. The sooner we accept this the better. I live in CT, people have delusional thoughts that they will come back every year.

I know they'll never return.

Maybe when I start NHL2. It's the NHL stuck in the early 90s mode.

3 hours ago, Mike24 said:

Someday the whale will be back and the goalies will be decked out in New KOHO gear.  And they’ll all drive New Pontiac Trans Ams to the games. 

And they'll have sparkling 2.66 GAAs with .905 save percentages and be considered not bad lol.

20 hours ago, jayluv54 said:

Can't wait to go to Blockbuster and rent the new NHL2 for Sega Genesis.

The game will be a free app. You have to buy v-bucks to upgrade everything.

I need to recoup some of the fortune my kids have spent on Fortnite.

Archived