Ideas for My Gear

CharlieB29

Hello, 

In my last post I showed what I thought was going to be my set-up for my 2019-2020 season. I have since changed ideas and would like a design more connected to my team. I was thinking I would take the silhouette of the mountains that I have on the sides of my mask, without the trees, and add them to the bottom of pads. I also think snowflakes on the design would not look bad. I am looking for a pad that is mainly white, but not too plain, and contains the colors Navy and Sport Gold. Here is my mask, I would like my pads to be related to this, and my team name, the "Avalanche." If you have any ideas or feedback, please share! I'm open to ideas. (The pads are going to be Factorymad)

Thank you so much for your time.

image2.thumb.jpeg.b49aaaa7efac359da3e8b9bd28183b3f.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

I don't have a picture of this, because it's just in my head right now...but what about the mountain silhouette running vertically so that it looks like a typical pad graphic (squiggly/wavy lines) when standing, but then the mountains are flat on the ice in the butterfly?

53 minutes ago, CharlieB29 said:

Hello, 

In my last post I showed what I thought was going to be my set-up for my 2019-2020 season. I have since changed ideas and would like a design more connected to my team. I was thinking I would take the silhouette of the mountains that I have on the sides of my mask, without the trees, and add them to the bottom of pads. I also think snowflakes on the design would not look bad. I am looking for a pad that is mainly white, but not too plain, and contains the colors Navy and Sport Gold. Here is my mask, I would like my pads to be related to this, and my team name, the "Avalanche." If you have any ideas or feedback, please share! I'm open to ideas. (The pads are going to be Factorymad)

Thank you so much for your time.

Not sure of your or Dennis's appetite for lots of cut and sew graphics but as soon as you said snowflake my mind went to this set Brian's did for Alexey Krasikov... maybe swap out the snowflake at the bottom pads for some mountains... add a trim color of sport gold or something...

image.png.3a7cfb55f203c603c5ad4b772aca8854.png

image.png.c09dd4893f0c1b034cc416fa4ee6292f.png

image.png.9ec7c0601f073ccd8f7622ad8b570687.png

8 minutes ago, Mroy31 said:

I don't have a picture of this, because it's just in my head right now...but what about the mountain silhouette running vertically so that it looks like a typical pad graphic (squiggly/wavy lines) when standing, but then the mountains are flat on the ice in the butterfly?

I appreciate your feedback. I'm not a huge fan of that, thank you though!

1 minute ago, BadAngle41 said:

Not sure of your or Dennis's appetite for lots of cut and sew graphics but as soon as you said snowflake my mind went to this set Brian's did for Alexey Krasikov... maybe swap out the snowflake at the bottom pads for some mountains... add a trim color of sport gold or something...

image.png.3a7cfb55f203c603c5ad4b772aca8854.png

image.png.c09dd4893f0c1b034cc416fa4ee6292f.png

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much, however Dennis has informed that he does not use another company's graphics or ideas, and that they are his own. I am not looking for too much to be on my pad, and would prefer a graphic on the bottom rather than the top. Thank you though!

6 minutes ago, CharlieB29 said:

I appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much, however Dennis has informed that he does not use another company's graphics or ideas, and that they are his own. I am not looking for too much to be on my pad, and would prefer a graphic on the bottom rather than the top. Thank you though!

My bad... I took your post as asking for some inspiration... spit ball some ideas. I appreciate Dennis's point of view on the use of graphics that have been done before by other companies. But what you're describing with mountains only at the bottom... wouldn't it kinda look like this? My point is you're going to be hard pressed for a completely never been done before graphic based on what you're visuals are.

Image result for vaughn iceberg goalie pads

2 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

My bad... I took your post as asking for some inspiration... spit ball some ideas. I appreciate Dennis's point of view on the use of graphics that have been done before by other companies. But what you're describing with mountains only at the bottom... wouldn't it kinda look like this? My point is you're going to be hard pressed for a completely never been done before graphic based on what you're visuals are.

Image result for vaughn iceberg goalie pads

I do like those. Dennis does not do logos on the front, so the graphic would go up. Something like this. Are you a fan of these?

render4.jpg

1 hour ago, CharlieB29 said:

I do like those. Dennis does not do logos on the front, so the graphic would go up. Something like this. Are you a fan of these?

render4.jpg

I like the idea of the White "Avalanche" coming down on the Sport Gold and Navy Blue "Mountains"... but it seems like it's missing some depth. Again, not sure what the budget or anything is... but your mask has such great detail with the tree & mountain silhouettes etc. I think there is just opportunity to add detail to the mountains. Maybe something like this...

2018-11-08_12-13-31.jpg.d1e3082a054972fd96c50e35f08bb801.jpg

4 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

I like the idea of the White "Avalanche" coming down on the Sport Gold and Navy Blue "Mountains"... but it seems like it's missing some depth. Again, not sure what the budget or anything is... but your mask has such great detail with the tree & mountain silhouettes etc. I think there is just opportunity to add detail to the mountains. Maybe something like this...

this is awesome

7 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

@CharlieB29 - I really like this. It’s Potvin and Martin all masked into 1.

You should send this to Dennis and see if he can do it. Maybe whiteout the B⭐️ First ? 

3 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

@CharlieB29 - I really like this. It’s Potvin and Martin all masked into 1.

You should send this to Dennis and see if he can do it. Maybe whiteout the B⭐️ First ? 

@TheGoalNet @Max27 @BadAngle41

I love this concept! Thank you so much. What do you guys think of Spencer Martin's pads? I am in love with this one. Would it be possible for anyone to change the maroon to navy blue, and the light blue to sport gold for reference? Thanks!

DYoDw8NU8AIf32J.jpg

1 hour ago, CharlieB29 said:

I love this concept! Thank you so much. What do you guys think of Spencer Martin's pads? I am in love with this one. Would it be possible for anyone to change the maroon to navy blue, and the light blue to sport gold for reference? Thanks!

DYoDw8NU8AIf32J.jpg

i like his a lot, just think he should move/take off the logos on the gloves

10 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Nice edit, forgot to mention that earlier.

On 11/9/2018 at 2:43 AM, CharlieB29 said:

DYoDw8NU8AIf32J.jpg

What's with the tape-job on this stick?

3 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

All thriller... no filler. Everything you need and nothing you don't.

Oh don't get me wrong, I totally how this is the best tape job in terms of return of investment!  Super light, tape enerywhere and only where you need it, I just couldn't live with myself with that kind of tape job.

Archived