Did Jerry Wright ever make goalie pads?

havok

2 minutes ago, Colander said:

Hmm - I am still trying to find out who makes "Pooper" pads - I'll bet it's the same guy...Whaddya think @bunnyman666???

Pooper pads originate from various sources. GP #2 mk1 were originally Brian’s pads, but I made them into Pooper pads. GP#2 mk2 were originally Vaughn pads, but I made them into Pooper pads! 

It’s called badge engineering, @Colander

44 minutes ago, havok said:

Saw these on Kijiji, couldn't find anything online.

image.thumb.png.476b2c1fd4b33baba09e3f0da7782581.png

Forget Jerry's background, but pretty sure he is some sort of designer or architect by trade. I don't think goalie pads are up his ally. Probably a small company knocking off Vaughn.

They look like an Itech/JRZ style pad. I know it seems like they aren't related to Jerry... but the name, the look, the era of those beauties... I wouldn't write/Wright that off as not his either.

I'd guess they were a prototype third party brand Velocity clone from JRZ.

Remember too that Itech had Jose Theodore under contract. A goalie who used Vaughn pads before and after his time in "Itech" gear. May be a huuuuge stretch, but looking at the colors and the age... Could be something that was being tried for him/ players that liked Vaughn style pads.

Again, huuuuge stretch maybe. But you never know.

Theodore did like the single outer break pads. These look like that:

Jose+Theodore+Winnipeg+Jets+v+Florida+Pa

Theodore played with Panthers 2011-2013. I think those Wright pads are maybe 15 years old. I can´t see there any JRZ either. Those look just like Sher-Wood 9980 minus different toe cap. I don´t know if old Passau has anything do with these. 

sherwood-gp-9980-intermediate-31_1_96d70

Edit. I thought more. In same era Sher-Wood had also Sherlite line and even the toe cap is the same. https://imged.com/sherwood-sher-lite-10-goalie-pads-34-86cm-15104270.html

2 hours ago, Korppi32 said:

Theodore played with Panthers 2011-2013. I think those Wright pads are maybe 15 years old. I can´t see there any JRZ either. Those look just like Sher-Wood 9980 minus different toe cap. I don´t know if old Passau has anything do with these. 

sherwood-gp-9980-intermediate-31_1_96d70

Edit. I thought more. In same era Sher-Wood had also Sherlite line and even the toe cap is the same. https://imged.com/sherwood-sher-lite-10-goalie-pads-34-86cm-15104270.html

ARGH!! OUTER ROLLS!!!

:myhead:

Archived