Knee Stacks/Lifts: Where to Buy?

estogoalie

I have some new Brian's Gnetik 2 leg pads, and the knee stacks are way too thick and interfering with my movement. I'm looking for something thinner. I looked on a few sites like GM and ebay, but not really seeing anything. Do I need to custom order from somewhere? Or make my own?

Thanks for the replies. I hit up Kenesky on Facebook, and they can make a pair for $60 CAD plus ship in a week, so I'll go with them.

In the meantime, I took the old ones off my V4's and they are much more "reasonable" (ie: not so thick and in the way).

• 4 months later...

Hey guys - slightly on topic, I want to replace the rock hard styrofoam in the Warrior Ritual G3 Sr knee blocks with some softer foam, like the picture below.  I don't need the stitch fabric, the Warrior blocks open right up with velcro.  I just need basic sheets of foam that I can cut to size and stack.  Does anyone know what this foam is called and where I can buy some?

Image result for goalie knee stacks' foam

26 minutes ago, BonesDT said:

Hey guys - slightly on topic, I want to replace the rock hard styrofoam in the Warrior Ritual G3 Sr knee blocks with some softer foam, like the picture below.  I don't need the stitch fabric, the Warrior blocks open right up with velcro.  I just need basic sheets of foam that I can cut to size and stack.  Does anyone know what this foam is called and where I can buy some?

Image result for goalie knee stacks' foam

Foam options are endless.  Most knee stacks are made of HD (80 or 115) or LD foams, made into a "sandwich"

image.png.54fe30f148c4d115148f20884e424966.png

You want the hardest foam at the bottom of the stack, and the softer stuff at the top, to help with cushioning.  LD45 is quite popular and readily available.  You just have to choose your thickness:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9VEI4S/ref=psdc_10304191_t4_B01NCZXMCM

You can also add a layer of gel or airgel to really help in impact protection.  On my older Smith 6000 set I was able to source a few Poron XRD sheets and added some much needed support to my knee stacks.

On 10/15/2019 at 11:45 AM, cwarnar said:

Foam options are endless.  Most knee stacks are made of HD (80 or 115) or LD foams, made into a "sandwich"

image.png.54fe30f148c4d115148f20884e424966.png

You want the hardest foam at the bottom of the stack, and the softer stuff at the top, to help with cushioning.  LD45 is quite popular and readily available.  You just have to choose your thickness:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9VEI4S/ref=psdc_10304191_t4_B01NCZXMCM

You can also add a layer of gel or airgel to really help in impact protection.  On my older Smith 6000 set I was able to source a few Poron XRD sheets and added some much needed support to my knee stacks.

Thank you.  Did you use the Poron XRD like you would HD foam and at the bottom of the stack?

5 hours ago, BonesDT said:

Thank you.  Did you use the Poron XRD like you would HD foam and at the bottom of the stack?

I had varying degrees of stiffness between sheets.  So I placed the hardest stuff at the bottom and worked my way up with decreasing stiffness

So I ended up using Harbor Freight's Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Set.  It's $8.99 (but I used a coupon and got it for under $8) for tons of foam.  So far, so good.  Definitely a softer landing over the stock Styrofoam.  The stock Styrofoam is 1" thick and has a thin very low density topper that you can peel off and re-use.  The HF foam is slightly less than 1/2" thick and you can cram 3 pieces in the knee stack, but I felt that was counterproductive, so I used 2 pieces and re-used the soft topper.  I'm not a foam density expert, but my guess is it's higher than LD45.  

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-anti-fatigue-foam-mat-set-94635.html

Archived