I went for the MOST expensive cup for an undercup on the market. Why?!? My days of siring litters are SO DONE. But a shot to the jewels can do LOTS of bad things to one’s health.

The bloke is local-ish to me. He offered Yadier Molina a cup after he needed SURGERY for a shot to the nuts. I bought the Level 2 cup; after all- you can NEVER be too careful. Besides- I actually want to move down to DOUBLE cupping rather than TRIPLE cupping. I desire a slightly lower profile jock with a bit more movement. I wear a Kustom Composites as the bottom cup in my Vaughn LT 88 jock. It doesn’t impede my freedom of movement much, but I am thinking that with law enforcement rated armour in the nutsack region, I should be good for just double cupping. Then I can modify the Vaughn LT88.

http://armorednutshellz.com/

Got it in the mail. 

This thing is substantial. It had BETTER be for $150. I bought the law enforcement version. It could be overkill. I think I could EASILY lose a cup in my double cup goal jock. For back ground, I wear a cup under my compression garment, then my goal jock over top. I wear an additional compression garment over the goal jock and knee guards. I have had the goal jock move and get pinged in the berries, so I want ZERO movement down there.

Yes, the carbon/kevlar/dyneema construction is a factor in the protection, but so is the stout cushioning between you and the cup. This stuff does not flex much but will on impact, and would be a factor in protecting you as much as the materials that comprise the cup itself. 

Confidently, I could lose one cup EASILY. If I am wearing the Nutshellz cup under my goal jock, I think I should be VERY safe.

This cup fits right into my Shock Doctor old school jock strap, which are an endangered species. You would not need The specially designed jock short unless you need to replace that garment. 

It sits a fair bit higher than the stock A&R cup that I have for comparison. I do think this fits the bill for the ultimate under cup, or you could buy one for your goal jock. 

9BFCD6DC-25C8-4422-B769-9FA6E1B2D813.jpeg

6E180039-5D40-460C-ACB4-E49820311A6B.jpeg

59BEA78B-DB78-4A31-AD58-C0D1303EE8DE.jpeg

Cut off the outer “cup” from my Vaughn double cup jock and well, double cupped it today. The outer “cup” is not a cup at all, by the way. I felt the contact, but it was literally nothing when I took one to the ghoulies wearing the Nutshellz inner cup. Unfortunately I did not save the goal. 

It is also so heavy that it fell from my jock when I took off my underjock and made a thunderous thud when it hit the bench! Substantial is an understatement. 

You will not get hurt wearing this. This is the real deal. It is very expensive, no doubt. $150 USD is a LOT for a cup, only because the market has been getting away with a design and material that has been unchanged since the 50s or 60s. But for the ultimate in groin protection, this is the platinum Rolex standard. 

• 4 months later...

Sorry- forgot to show what the outer “cup” is on a goal jock. Hint: it would not protect much.

Update: love the Armorednutshellz cup.  Bombs have been shot to that region, and all I get is a “thunk”. I even remove the outer “cup” on the goal jock. It is nice having that extra stuff gone.

Thanks for showing that.  The outer 3rd seems pointless.  I've double cupped for over 10 years now.  1st a Shock Doctor cup - forget which, but it's not like their titanium one, it's soft all the way around and takes 1 second to insert into my Shock Doctor baseball catcher's jock vs messing with any cup that has rubber edges.  2nd, a Warrior X2 Senior for the past 3 months after being in a Vaughn forever before that.  Both single cups.  Wanted to upgrade to the Warrior Pro (double cup bringing me to a triple cup) , but I couldn't get my old Vaughn pants over the whole setup, so I stayed with the non-pro and can still feel safe.  My point is that I heard the Warrior used to dent, maybe the X2 doesn't, but it obviously does a lot more than soft flexible plastic.  Are you in IL?  You sound very non-Illinoisian/Midwestern, but thought I read you were here in the states.

15 minutes ago, dreadlocked1 said:

Thanks for showing that.  The outer 3rd seems pointless.  I've double cupped for over 10 years now.  1st a Shock Doctor cup - forget which, but it's not like their titanium one, it's soft all the way around and takes 1 second to insert into my Shock Doctor baseball catcher's jock vs messing with any cup that has rubber edges.  2nd, a Warrior X2 Senior for the past 3 months after being in a Vaughn forever before that.  Both single cups.  Wanted to upgrade to the Warrior Pro (triple cup) but I couldn't get my old Vaughn pants over the whole setup, so I stayed with the non-pro and can still feel safe.  My point is that I heard the Warrior used to dent, maybe the X2 doesn't, but it obviously does a lot more than soft flexible plastic.  Are you in IL?  You sound very non-Illinoisian/Midwestern, but thought I read you were here in the states.

IL, yes.

Grew up around the world: born in the States, lived in England,  and ultimately landed back in the States. 

The outer “cup” is literally a gimmick. It is there to make you think you are getting “double” protection when it is more like 1.125 X protection. It may prevent impacts from low frequency hits, but a good, hard impact will nail you if you use the stock cup at the base cup pocket. 

This is where I say that Senior vs. Pro is not much of a difference IF you can replace the cup. Otherwise, you have plastic and a bunch of padding between your man parts and a hard, frozen puck. 

• 1 month later...

I wish someone would bring back the old jofa cup, I feel it fit a bit better than the traditional type cup. Currently I have a shock doctor soft edge cup as a base, a Reebok goal jock over that covered with compression shorts to keep it all together 

12 hours ago, wishEMT said:

I wish someone would bring back the old jofa cup, I feel it fit a bit better than the traditional type cup. Currently I have a shock doctor soft edge cup as a base, a Reebok goal jock over that covered with compression shorts to keep it all together 

CCM kept it alive for a bit. Don't know if it's still available.

• 2 months later...
On 1/28/2020 at 10:01 PM, wishEMT said:

That's putting 10lb in a 5lb bag!

Archived