New Skates Comparable Bauer Supreme 7000's.

Money

Been searching for awhile now to find skates that have the fit and computability of the Bauer Supreme 7000's.  I have 2 sets of cowlings left and will need to find something similar.  Any help would be great.  Tried the 1S and 2S from Bauer and didn't like the feel. Vapor 2X felt too thin for my EE flinstone feet.  Only one that looks similar would be the CCM Super Tacks AS1 (although they do have a longer blade and remind me a bit of the old KOHO 590's).

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 2.18.49 PM.png

Love those skates.  I still wear them myself.  I use them with Bauer Vertex cowlings.  If your boots are still in good shape you should really consider going to that cowling.  The attack angle is much better than the traditional TUUK cowlings as well as the ability to replace the steel without having to replace the entire cowling.  I am in the same boat as you as I cannot get used to the stiffness of today's composite boots.

• 9 months later...

Way late here I realize, but I also wore Supreme 7000s until there was nothing left of them.  Struggled to find a replacement, but did finally get comfortable in the 1S, with one note.  I skip the second from top lace hole - this gives the boot the flexibility I like and remember from the 7000s.  Highly recommend it if you find the skates today are too stiff, which they are. 

• 3 months later...
On 10/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, Money said:

Been searching for awhile now to find skates that have the fit and computability of the Bauer Supreme 7000's.  I have 2 sets of cowlings left and will need to find something similar.  Any help would be great.  Tried the 1S and 2S from Bauer and didn't like the feel. Vapor 2X felt too thin for my EE flinstone feet.  Only one that looks similar would be the CCM Super Tacks AS1 (although they do have a longer blade and remind me a bit of the old KOHO 590's).

Screen Shot 2019-10-29 at 2.18.49 PM.png

Money, what did you end up going with? I am still wearing my 7000's. I went to a CCM cowling years ago with Step Steel. This was before Bauer started making a cowling with replaceable steel. I tried a Bauer 2S last week but definitely felt too restrictive. I decided to just stick with my 7000's as my boots still have life left in them. 

Archived