Favorite Glove T to use

Dero

I'm looking to hear all the benefits from the different Ts people use in their gloves. I'd also like to know why you guys use them. 

so lemme hear everything you have to say im just curious about all the different types and peoples opinion on why they dont use some and prefer others over everything else

also if anyone wants to include the break they like that would be cool to know aswell

This is a big personal preference piece. Some general thoughts:

Double T: generally wider pocket, supposedly easier to see the puck in the pocket. Bit of a pain to relace on your own, if that matters to you. 

Anchor/traditional T: gives you that “snap” feeling and sound when a puck impacts the T that some prefer. Pockets are generally smaller with this set up. Easiest to predictably move the puck out to play it. 

Floating anchor T: depending on how deeply it is laced, you can create a huge pocket. When done with skate lace, puck impacts hit the webbing and die in the pocket, but the deeper it is, the harder to move the puck out to play it. 

16 minutes ago, Punisher Goalie said:

This is a big personal preference piece. Some general thoughts:

Double T: generally wider pocket, supposedly easier to see the puck in the pocket. Bit of a pain to relace on your own, if that matters to you. 

Anchor/traditional T: gives you that “snap” feeling and sound when a puck impacts the T that some prefer. Pockets are generally smaller with this set up. Easiest to predictably move the puck out to play it. 

Floating anchor T: depending on how deeply it is laced, you can create a huge pocket. When done with skate lace, puck impacts hit the webbing and die in the pocket, but the deeper it is, the harder to move the puck out to play it. 

what do you like

Personally use a double t now.  I am on my third glove with a double now and I much prefer it.  Used a single t my whole life prior....been playing for about 25 years or so.  

I honestly can't say I notice and significant performance difference between a single or double.  I personally think a double just looks better, aesthetically.  

Here's my current glove which is a direct clone of a CCM 590 and it's the best glove I've ever had.  Love this break angle so much. 

20191007_110351.jpg

20191007_110401.jpg

My current Brians Anchor T with +1 depth is the best glove I’ve ever owned. Snappy feel and it swallows up almost every puck. I found the double t on my previous Bauer glove popped out too may pucks. I’m sold on single/anchor T glove being the best option for my style of play. 

1 hour ago, seagoal said:

Personally use a double t now.  I am on my third glove with a double now and I much prefer it.  Used a single t my whole life prior....been playing for about 25 years or so.  

I honestly can't say I notice and significant performance difference between a single or double.  I personally think a double just looks better, aesthetically.  

Here's my current glove which is a direct clone of a CCM 590 and it's the best glove I've ever had.  Love this break angle so much. 

20191007_110351.jpg

20191007_110401.jpg

that looks pretty sick. colors are great. personally as of now i use a double T aswell. i really like it too, but ive never used anything different in like big boy hockey. i had a single T up until i was 14 but am now 16 and have had my brians for two years

1 hour ago, Doc1200 said:

My current Brians Anchor T with +1 depth is the best glove I’ve ever owned. Snappy feel and it swallows up almost every puck. I found the double t on my previous Bauer glove popped out too may pucks. I’m sold on single/anchor T glove being the best option for my style of play. 

how does the anchor t deal with size. ive been debating on whether ordering the optik 2 glove with a double t with skate lace or ordering the anchor t with skate lace. im worried that the glove itself will be smaller as most gloves are smaller when they have the single t.

also how does it close? i heard that anchor Ts make the glove harder to close

1 minute ago, Dero said:

that looks pretty sick. colors are great. personally as of now i use a double T aswell. i really like it too, but ive never used anything different in like big boy hockey. i had a single T up until i was 14 but am now 16 and have had my brians for two years

if you could buy any custom set right now, what would you get in what colors?

Just now, seagoal said:

if you could buy any custom set right now, what would you get in what colors?

im actually very close to pulling the trigger on some optik 2s in a Black/white/kelly green color way. only thing stopping me is the doc says i got and inch or 2 left and most likely will come over the summer and the fact that i dont know whether i want a gnetik 4 glove skinned as a optik 2 or just the optik 2.

also im working with the goalies crease right now to try and demo a set, no retailer near me offers demos

I don't like the way the double T closes on CCM gloves, but I can't speak for other brands. I never felt comfortable with my Eflex 3.9 closure (double tee, skate laced), and I didn't like the stock P2 double T closure

I switched to a +1 single T nylon lace on my P2 set and much prefer the closure. It's hard to compare pop outs, as it is a +1, but I rarely have any now. I also much prefer the feel of the puck hitting the single T.

15 hours ago, seagoal said:

20191007_110351.jpg

20191007_110401.jpg

Beauty glove.

Quick question: could you show me a pic of where the T is attached? It may answer a question for me.

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

Why thank you.

I see a single T with an opening. I suppose technically it is a double T. But I definitely see the function.

It is funny because Brown offers an ACTUAL double T:

56D06ECB-E792-45B2-83A8-C14D1EAF6E70.jpeg

Yeah this generation of Vaughn gloves is like a hybrid. T.

I think it carried over to V9 as well.

21 hours ago, Dero said:

how does the anchor t deal with size. ive been debating on whether ordering the optik 2 glove with a double t with skate lace or ordering the anchor t with skate lace. im worried that the glove itself will be smaller as most gloves are smaller when they have the single t.

also how does it close? i heard that anchor Ts make the glove harder to close

21 hours ago, Dero said:

im actually very close to pulling the trigger on some optik 2s in a Black/white/kelly green color way. only thing stopping me is the doc says i got and inch or 2 left and most likely will come over the summer and the fact that i dont know whether i want a gnetik 4 glove skinned as a optik 2 or just the optik 2.

also im working with the goalies crease right now to try and demo a set, no retailer near me offers demos

The glove won't be smaller with a single t, I'm not sure where you're getting that thought. Do you mean the pocket volume being smaller? The anchor t will make it a little harder to close (per my personal experience and a couple of discussions with some Brian's reps). I love how anchor t pockets close and function, but I'm starting to like the double t a little more as I get more and more used to mine. I think it deadens the puck better, but that could just be confirmation bias. At the end of playing each game though, I don't think the t is really going to have that big of an effect on your success with the glove, the break preference should take precedence.

When it comes to the difference between the two gloves: The Optik glove is going to be more of a finger to hand/thumb flesh closure while the fingers are slightly curled. The GnetikIV is index and middle to tip of thumb (baseball glove closure) and is pancakey (flat fingers).

4 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

Why thank you.

I see a single T with an opening. I suppose technically it is a double T. But I definitely see the function.

It is funny because Brown offers an ACTUAL double T:

56D06ECB-E792-45B2-83A8-C14D1EAF6E70.jpeg

Remember this T? Wacky idea.

Archived