Different glove break palms

Quadzilla32

Hey guys

been thinking of trying a 90 degree palm in my glove and wanted to see if anyone who has done really noticed a different. I saw hockeyreview made a video on this topic but it really didn’t solve anything yet. I’m currently using a 75 degree palm and trying to switch it up  

22 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Hey guys

been thinking of trying a 90 degree palm in my glove and wanted to see if anyone who has done really noticed a different. I saw hockeyreview made a video on this topic but it really didn’t solve anything yet. I’m currently using a 75 degree palm and trying to switch it up  

Is that the senior 75 degree?

Anyone used the senior and intermediate palm and is there much of a difference?

The interchangeable liners in Warrior gloves will offer a very different feel from each other. They do offer a close enough feel to an actual 60/90 degree break. Just need to keep in mind that the glove itself is still a 75.

It's a relatively cheap way to try out different breaks but it still won't be the same.

7 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

The interchangeable liners in Warrior gloves will offer a very different feel from each other. They do offer a close enough feel to an actual 60/90 degree break. Just need to keep in mind that the glove itself is still a 75.

It's a relatively cheap way to try out different breaks but it still won't be the same.

If this is the case then are the different palm breaks just for feel and not actually glove break? 

3 minutes ago, benner33 said:

Yup got a 90 with my G5 and it’s way better than the 75 or 60 I’ve tried before. 

Did you order yours with the palm or get one separately? I’ve read mixed things that g4 palms may or may not fit in g5 gloves. I can’t find any g5 palms.  

• 5 months later...

I have a few questions...

My GT1 is the 75 break. I have owned a Brian's in the past which I think had its traditional 40 degree. It did feel different from the other stuff on the market. Is the 60 degree Warrior close to the Brian's in feel?

And does anyone in the Ottawa area own a 60 degree Warrior catch I could try on or even try out?

4 hours ago, RichMan said:

I have a few questions...

My GT1 is the 75 break. I have owned a Brian's in the past which I think had its traditional 40 degree. It did feel different from the other stuff on the market. Is the 60 degree Warrior close to the Brian's in feel?

And does anyone in the Ottawa area own a 60 degree Warrior catch I could try on or even try out?

Just a FYI, the GT1 catcher is a 70 degree break. Not the usual 75 offered by Warrior on the Ritual and GT2 line. 

On 1/26/2021 at 2:21 PM, coopaloop1234 said:

Just a FYI, the GT1 catcher is a 70 degree break. Not the usual 75 offered by Warrior on the Ritual and GT2 line. 

I was always confused about that as different store sites and reviews describes different break angles, so I went with the popular one. 

14 hours ago, RichMan said:

I was always confused about that as different store sites and reviews describes different break angles, so I went with the popular one. 

The GT1 break was an anomaly among breaks anyways, so I don't blame ya for the confusion. 

Especially as it's very similar to a regular 75 break.  

On 1/26/2021 at 11:45 AM, indykrap said:

I can't find these anywhere in Canada to save my life. Anyone see an online shop have them? I'm in TO so close to a bunch of major shops, but surprised nobody (PHL, SFS, Just Hockey, THS...) carries them.

I ordered a 60 degree G5 palm from Hockey Monkey that I put in my G4 pro trapper. 

16 hours ago, insertnamehere said:

I ordered a 60 degree G5 palm from Hockey Monkey that I put in my G4 pro trapper. 

Thanks! I'll keep an eye on them. They seem to be sold out of everything but the 75 degree right now. I might just call somewhere local and place an order too. Hockey Monkey US shipping is nuts haha.

Archived