Sub Zero 3 Pros on clearance?

Punisher Goalie

Looks like the Sub Zero 3s are going on clearance with the Optiks coming out. Anyone have any experience with them? I’ve been interested in picking up a set of flat-faced pads and I’ve also become pretty convinced I need a smaller size than what I’m using now (R/GTs in 34+1.5”). Plus I just like trying new stuff.

Any thoughts on whether these are worth trying out? Or are they totally eclipsed by the Optiks?

1 hour ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Looks like the Sub Zero 3s are going on clearance with the Optiks coming out. Anyone have any experience with them? I’ve been interested in picking up a set of flat-faced pads and I’ve also become pretty convinced I need a smaller size than what I’m using now (R/GTs in 34+1.5”). Plus I just like trying new stuff.

Any thoughts on whether these are worth trying out? Or are they totally eclipsed by the Optiks?

where?

2 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

I bought a pair of NOS ZeroG lady pads a couple of weeks ago and they play like a modern pad. Yep- they have pink bits, but I got a made in Canada Pro level pad for $300!!!!

I refuse to pay full price for off the peg ANYTHING, therefore go and get your bargain!!!!! I bet the new Optik is NOT $5-700 better than SZ3!!!!

TGN actually my sons uses the GN3 pads and the SZ3 CA he loves all his Brians gear!

His glove is a SZ3 with the Gnetics graphics! If you come from a stiff pad I am sure you will appreciate them - can I ask what kind of pricing are you seeing out there?

21 hours ago, goalie said:

where?

I was specifically looking at Goalie Monkey.

19 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

I bought a pair of NOS ZeroG lady pads a couple of weeks ago and they play like a modern pad. Yep- they have pink bits, but I got a made in Canada Pro level pad for $300!!!!

I refuse to pay full price for off the peg ANYTHING, therefore go and get your bargain!!!!! I bet the new Optik is NOT $5-700 better than SZ3!!!!

Yep. I officially have a gear acquisition problem. Ordered them today. 33+1 in all white. Will report back when I try them...

16 hours ago, Big2 said:

TGN actually my sons uses the GN3 pads and the SZ3 CA he loves all his Brians gear!

His glove is a SZ3 with the Gnetics graphics! If you come from a stiff pad I am sure you will appreciate them - can I ask what kind of pricing are you seeing out there?

Goalie Monkey has them for $999. I'm coming from R/GTs which I understand some on the stiffer side of flexible (if that makes any sense). My very first pair that were lent to me were G2s in 33+1.5 and I really liked the size and stiffness better so I'm hoping the SZ3s will have a similar feel!

22 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

We call that G.A.S., as in Gear Acquisition Syndrome. It’s all good, as it is pretty well a pre-requisite to be a goalie!!!!

This guy has G.A.S. and be sure to show your signification other when buying your next piece of equipment. "At least I'm not this bad honey..."

IMG_2173.thumb.PNG.2fce2e7efa574ef1059163e39bd1911c.PNG

And yes I am jealous like the rest of you... even if I don't wear Warrior. This is some serious stuff going on. 

43 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

This guy has G.A.S. and be sure to show your signification other when buying your next piece of equipment. "At least I'm not this bad honey..."

And yes I am jealous like the rest of you... even if I don't wear Warrior. This is some serious stuff going on. 

I wouldn't even know what to do with all of that unless I played with that many teams with that many different colors.  I'm the same way with cars.  A lot of people say they'd buy 3 or 4 cars if they were rich.  I wouldn't, I wouldn't know what to drive.  I need structure lol.

4 hours ago, BadAngle41 said:

Good god. Wonder if he has a mask to match each set...

Aaaaannndddd... they’re here!

First impressions - outstanding build quality. They are similar in weight to my R/GTs but the Warriors feel like lightweight cardboard in comparison. The Brians just have an intangible high-quality feel to them. Flat-faced pad but feel more plush and stable like E-Flexes. I was a little surprised by the color on the back - all white through-and-through including the back of the pad and the calf wrap. Doesn’t really matter, but its a lot of white to get dirty lol.

Posted a video of my first SNP with them doing some drills just trying to get used to them. The size definitely feels right and the sliding is excellent and feels much more stable than the R/GTs. Gave the Smart Toe straps a shot, but will probably swap them out for plain shock cord or Monster RYNOs. They just felt a little too sloppy. Will throw my Professor Straps on these two, assuming I can figure out a good way to mount them.

2 hours ago, Punisher Goalie said:

Yeah this is the general pattern - I tend to go from “ponder” to “overnight shipping” in 24 hours or less.

LOL I ruminate, ponder, call to try to get a better deal, then either miss the deal or get the deal of the century! And that shipping better be cheap!!!! I am a member of several ethnicities who are reknowned for their deal making prowess ?

Custom is different; I make up for all the savings I get on clearance stuff on custom!!!!

@bunnyman666 - Congrats!!! GAS is the official word to replace "gear whore" or "gear slut".

use it in a sentence...

My GAS acted up last night and I ordered an Air Excess bucket 

GAS is real; my new SZ3 pads 

I suffer from GAS, but at least I got some sweet 1S sticks to show for it 

they havent cured my GAS yet and I was just forced to pre-order some Optik as a result 

@Punisher Goalie - congrats on the SZ3. Even though I'm probably a giant contradiction in my temporary 1S gear... I love when people support our best sponsors like @Brians_Joz or @Joe Messina 

@BadAngle41 - that dude buys cars too, I should reach out to him and find out if he is a Hollywood movie producer or something 

23 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@bunnyman666 - Congrats!!! GAS is the official word to replace "gear whore" or "gear slut".

use it in a sentence...

My GAS acted up last night and I ordered an Air Excess bucket 

GAS is real; my new SZ3 pads 

I suffer from GAS, but at least I got some sweet 1S sticks to show for it 

they havent cured my GAS yet and I was just forced to pre-order some Optik as a result 

@Punisher Goalie - congrats on the SZ3. Even though I'm probably a giant contradiction in my temporary 1S gear... I love when people support our best sponsors like @Brians_Joz or @Joe Messina 

@BadAngle41 - that dude buys cars too, I should reach out to him and find out if he is a Hollywood movie producer or something 

@TheGoalNet I just think it's weird/awesome that so many on the west coast are that into ice hockey. In this particular guy's case (@moto67e) maybe a little obsessive about a single line of pads... but whatever works. Sharp looking. I know he's pretty big on GGSU etc.

24 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

@TheGoalNet I just think it's weird/awesome that so many on the west coast are that into ice hockey. In this particular guy's case (@moto67e) maybe a little obsessive about a single line of pads... but whatever works. Sharp looking. I know he's pretty big on GGSU etc.

I'm not knocking Moto at all. I just know he's from Cali, seems to have lot of time to play hockey, and lots of disposable income for toys. 

In my head he's got a cool job in hollywood and I'm curious what it is, haha

reality? Probably owns his own landscaping company. Guys I know like that play the most golf! 

On 16/10/2017 at 7:50 AM, TheGoalNet said:

I'm not knocking Moto at all. I just know he's from Cali, seems to have lot of time to play hockey, and lots of disposable income for toys. 

In my head he's got a cool job in hollywood and I'm curious what it is, haha

reality? Probably owns his own landscaping company. Guys I know like that play the most golf! 

Archived