Ryan Miller Announces He Will Retire at the End of the Season

SaveByRichter35

https://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey/story/2021-04-29/ducks-goalie-ryan-miller-will-retire-end-of-season

Ducks goaltender Ryan Miller, the career leader in wins among American-born NHL goalies, will announce his retirement Thursday, effective at the end of the season.

Miller, born into a hockey-playing family in East Lansing, Mich., has earned 390 wins during an 18-year NHL career. In addition to leading American-born goalies in wins, he ranks second in shutouts (44) and games played (794). He is likely to get a chance to improve those numbers in one of the Ducks’ six remaining regular-season games.

3 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Loved him when he was doing his stint in Vancouver. Made us seem more competent than we actually were during that time.

My favourite Ryan Miller highlight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuGG9hV1tos

Well played.  That Crosby kid has a bright future.  That was an amazing game to watch live, jeez.

Edited by seagoal

17 hours ago, seagoal said:

One of the most OH MY GOD moments for all goalies, all time.  So good, the little flick of the wrist when he snags it is so sassy.

I remember watching that and totally freaking out. Beautiful save. And Hank giving him some love for it, from one classy human to another. Nothing but respect.

My only regret for Miller is that he didn't win gold in 2010. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Well played.  That Crosby kid has a bright future.  That was an amazing game to watch live, jeez.

Had to edit it to so not to spoil it by the thumbnail alone.

20 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

I knew that was going to be the clip.  Go fuck yourself lol

We may not win cups in Vancouver, but being in the city during that gold medal win was something else. Let me tell you.

56 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

Found you, Pierre Mcguire

Ha, I mean I don't dislike Crosby like most cool kids do, but I am also not interested in how he drinks his coffee, what he feeds his cat, or where he shops for for his fishing poles.  I leave that stuff to ole Pierre.  If you wanna talk that stuff about Juuse Saros I'm all in though.

Edited by seagoal

17 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Had to edit it to so not to spoil it by the thumbnail alone.

We may not win cups in Vancouver, but being in the city during that gold medal win was something else. Let me tell you.

True story...when Parise scored with whatever seconds left in the 3rd to tie the game(I know it was less than a minute but don't remember how close) I jumped up screaming and threw my right fist in the air at the same time.  My gf at the time, now my wife, happen to be leaning over to get whatever we were snacking on at the bar, and I fucking Street Fighter haaawwwwdooooogan upper cut her right in the chin 😂😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Scythe said:

The vintage Canuck setup is SICK! except for the green stick.. pant shells are passable i guess.  

Why would you use that stick after getting everything else so right? Maybe it's a pro thing. Us jabronis will never understand.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

True story...when Parise scored with whatever seconds left in the 3rd to tie the game(I know it was less than a minute but don't remember how close) I jumped up screaming and threw my right fist in the air at the same time.  My gf at the time, now my wife, happen to be leaning over to get whatever we were snacking on at the bar, and I fucking Street Fighter haaawwwwdooooogan upper cut her right in the chin 😂😂

Hadoken is the fireball

Shoryuken is the uppercut

get your shit straight bud 

• Haha 2