2021 IIHF Worls Championships

estogoalie

36 minutes ago, mr_shifty1982 said:

Carey Price coming soon to the rescue haha

Is goaltending really that much a contributor to their woes? They've scored only 2 goals in three games; only managing 1 goal against Latvia and Germany combined is pretty pathetic.

• Like 1

Canada finally played with some authority in their win against Norway. Or Norway just played like sht. Anyway, important game as they are each fighting for the second-to-last spot in their group.

No relegation this year? So the bottom 4 teams just go home after the preliminary round?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teezle said:

Is goaltending really that much a contributor to their woes? They've scored only 2 goals in three games; only managing 1 goal against Latvia and Germany combined is pretty pathetic.

It was a joke lol but hey, it's not new to him.  The Habs can't score either :) 

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2021 at 3:05 AM, ser33 said:

watch highlights on YouTube. it was funny to see the veteran Victor Fasth at the gate of the Swedish national team, in whose C / A I am now playing)IMG_20201017_142439.thumb.jpg.3169bffa7e37454ac4656eb133a3ef52.jpg

nice. I own Jhonas Enroth's blocker he used during the 2013 Worlds when Sweden won gold. So cool. 

image2-orig1_orig.jpeg

enroth-team-sweden-iihf-2013-orig1_orig.

• Like 2

On 5/30/2021 at 11:41 PM, creasecollector said:

Mangiapane.

Hey, IIHF has nice things to say about yo cuz 🤘 ... altho Canada could fail to make the semis if the Latvia-Germany game today goes to OT. That game is gonna determine the last 2 semi spots, so should be a good one. I'd say Germany has been playing well and probably favored, but Latvia is at home (paper cut-out fan advantage?) and will be fighting hard to stay in. Goaltending has been pretty good on both ends, so it could be close and OT could be possible...let's see!

mag.JPG

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, creasecollector said:

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Unbelievable. Canada barely squeaked into the semis, now they're in the half-finals. Gotta be proud of your cuz getting the GWG. Since I told you to tell him to get it in gear, I felt like I had a hand in this, LOL. Great give-and-go between him and #70, sweet moves by both. Shocker that Russia is going home with no medal. I had them pegged to be in the finals. Finland is still my favorite, but who knows. I also thought Switzerland would beat Germany today, but that didn't pan out. Let's see. Since I'm part American, I'm going to have to be rooting against your cuz in the next game USA/CAN Saturday, so don't be sending him any inspirational messages from me this time, LOL ;)

Edited by estogoalie
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 5:44 AM, creasecollector said:

Haha I'll try not to give him too much insperation but our entire family has been sending him stuff all day. This is unreal. @estogoalie

Your cuz got the GWG again against USA :eyeroll: He's turning into a real Magiapane-in-the-ass for every team he plays against ;) The US played much better than I expected tho. They played very good as a team, they just lacked a sharp-shooter, and altho I can't complain too much about Cal Petersen, I don't really like him and don't think goaltending was one of USA's strong points. Canada has got strong and solid goaltending from Kuemper, and Magiapane is a scoring machine, so that combo seems to be working well for them.

• Like 1