Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

*This thread is for daily chit-chat between members to shoot the sh!t and just talk about whatever.  It's meant to be casual and friendly, NOT in-depth or serious. I was a member of another similar forum years ago that had a thread like this and it was very active and a great thread for daily, regular members.  We can talk about personal things that don't fit neatly in its own thread.  If the mods don't want this type of activity, please delete.  No worries.

I'll start by saying......

@Lucky Pucker  you. are. back.  Thank the heavens.  I have been proactively not DMing you for over a week, wondering where you are and how you're doing :)  Welcome back old friend. 

image.thumb.png.fa9a61676399774360e13890e62a6177.png

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey, thanks @seagoal - yeah, been busy/bogged down with stuff all but completely unrelated to goalie. Faking the adult thing was hard enough before the pandemic… now kids are home schooling though to the end (June 20-something), so there’s that too. 

That said, I did get an email from our player manager, and it looks like my men’s over 35 league will be back this fall! That email was a HUGE lift! 
Anyway, I’ll try not to be so delinquent with posts.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Hey, thanks @seagoal - yeah, been busy/bogged down with stuff all but completely unrelated to goalie. Faking the adult thing was hard enough before the pandemic… now kids are home schooling though to the end (June 20-something), so there’s that too. 

That said, I did get an email from our player manager, and it looks like my men’s over 35 league will be back this fall! That email was a HUGE lift! 
Anyway, I’ll try not to be so delinquent with posts.

All good man, figured it was family stuff and just life.  Glad to hear you and your crew are healthy and doing well. 

That is huge news.  We are starting up 2 Sundays from now and I can't wait.  I'm so excited.  It'll be so nice to have something to new and fun to focus on and be excited about.

Edited by seagoal

18 minutes ago, seagoal said:

oh an @coopaloop1234, I'm offended you have not commented on my member sub-header title.  I thought of you when creating it :)

Good thread Seagoal. Now this forum can quarantine my consistent shit posting into one defined thread.

Not like there's been a lot of content over the past year. :P

We're allowed to play in 12 days. I've got my new 2S C/A to break in to. I'm trying to decide if breaking it in right away is the best move or to wait until I get something resembling a cardio before I try and break in new gear.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Good thread Seagoal. Now this forum can quarantine my consistent shit posting into one defined thread.

Not like there's been a lot of content over the past year. :P

We're allowed to play in 12 days. I've got my new 2S C/A to break in to. I'm trying to decide if breaking it in right away is the best move or to wait until I get something resembling a cardio before I try and break in new gear.

Exactly.  I wanted to welcome LuckyPucker back and was trying to figure out where to do it without derailing a thread.  So I thought we could use this.  It's like the locker room after a hockey game: hockey is done and now we talk about beer and cars and kids and dogs and cats and dinner and movies and other random crap in life. 

Have you ever broken in a C/A by hanging near your hot shower and getting it warm and wet?  I did that a few times and it worked great but my new V9 one honestly didn't need it.  I used it the day after opening the box and it was like butter.  I have had a hard time with new ones in the past. I did downsize by one this time, too.  Trying to simulate a tuck without tucking.

Just now, Naz said:

35 years ago, I wore my new Brown IN the shower to break it in.

Nice.  Probably the old school white ones, right? Those things looked so scrawny but I bet they were heavy.

For heavy sweaters like myself, we don't think anything about wetting gear with just water.  It's way less abrasive and corrosive than sweat and if it's hot it helps with break-in, for sure.

46 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Have you ever broken in a C/A by hanging near your hot shower and getting it warm and wet?  I did that a few times and it worked great but my new V9 one honestly didn't need it.  I used it the day after opening the box and it was like butter.  I have had a hard time with new ones in the past. I did downsize by one this time, too.  Trying to simulate a tuck without tucking.

I've left it in the bathroom while I showered, but I don't generally take hot showers so not a lot of steam.

Wearing this unit around the house reminds me why Vaughn and Warrior products are always so popular. This thing feels stiff. I wore my GT C/A the same day I got it without really any issues aside from minor tweaks. I can already tell that this will take some more time before it gets close to that "second skin" feel.

13 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

In what I hope is the spirit of this thread, here’s a random question or two: is Friday automatically pizza night for anyone else? And what do you have on your pizza…?

Totally the spirit: mundane chat.

For us pizza night is Saturday. We have a great place in our neighborhood with an awesome outdoor patio and good beer. Fridays tend to be when we go out to a "nice" restaurant which usually means steaks or pork chops for me.

My ideal pizza is pepperoni,  mushrooms,  and black olives and I must have ranch for dipping.

15 hours ago, seagoal said:

My ideal pizza is pepperoni,  mushrooms,  and black olives and I must have ranch for dipping.

Olives... you mean little Lego tires.
and dipping???  I never understood dips for pizza, it's perfect as is.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Naz said:

Olives... you mean little Lego tires.
and dipping???  I never understood dips for pizza, it's perfect as is.

Dipping is for the crust. Though, I generally just give my crust to my Fiancee. She's one of these weirdos that prefers the crust over the actual pie portion.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Dipping is for the crust. Though, I generally just give my crust to my Fiancee. She's one of these weirdos that prefers the crust over the actual pie portion.

Oh… THAT’S why the person who agreed in principle to marry you is a weirdo… because of the crust thing…

38 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Oh… THAT’S why the person who agreed in principle to marry you is a weirdo… because of the crust thing…

Did you honestly think that anyone willing to live with me for life would be sane?

That's pretty naive of you my friend.

Edit: for that matter, pretty sure all of our SO's are nuts for liking a goalie.

Edited by coopaloop1234
  • Like 1

Ha, I don't eat pizza crust so no dipping it for me.  As a type-1 diabetic, pizza (and beer, always with beer) in general is rough on my blood sugar and the crust, for me, is just more carbs that don't taste that good.  So I always avoid the crust.  

I'm weird, I know. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha, I don't eat pizza crust so no dipping it for me.  As a type-1 diabetic, pizza (and beer, always with beer) in general is rough on my blood sugar and the crust, for me, is just more carbs that don't taste that good.  So I always avoid the crust.  

I'm weird, I know. 

So long as you know it; it would be kinda awkward to have to be the one to tell you that - lol!

Dang.

Spoke to my Vaughn rep yesterday. Mitts are done.  Pads are built and in final assembly, the "finishing" table.  But....the "finishers" are off today and Monday so my order will now ship Tuesday after completion and QC checks.  New season starts Sunday June 13.  I'm so nervous. 

-Michigan to Seattle...  UPS calculations....aaaaaaah.

-So wait, is the "finisher" 1 guy?  Is the whole department off on like a group vacation?  Training in Ontario?  Ahhhhh...

-Can't my rep do the "finishing" for a lifelong Vaughn user on his....V1, V4, V6, V(E)8, V9-----> 5th custom set??  Jeez.

-Can't I at least get an Instagram post of my mitts?

In all seriousness, Tuesday will be exactly 9 weeks.  Not too bad.  I waited 16-17 weeks for my VE8 set.

Mortal Kombat 11: How to Perform All of the Fatalities for Every Character

Edited by seagoal
  • Like 1