Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

On 6/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, seagoal said:

Thanks Chenner.  I got a UPS estimate of $40.08.  Spot on. I have a new box on the way to me so I'll just go ahead and use that and use the paper padding they send after taping the sticks together. 

By the way, I secured a new owner of those sticks, so feel free to close/delete that thread, please and thank you. 

They are going to a young goalie, I'm assuming a teenager, in North Dakota.  Hopefully, he'll remain a member on here and join our banter. 

Hey Seagoal, I meant to chime in on the other thread and the weekend got away from me. Just wanted to say thanks for your generosity. It means a lot!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

Hey Seagoal, I meant to chime in on the other thread and the weekend got away from me. Just wanted to say thanks for your generosity. It means a lot!

Hey man, thanks for getting him on here and setting that up.  He's a really nice kid.  I remember very well being a teenager and hungry for gear upgrades.  I'm glad it all worked out.  

I will be getting those on their way to him this week. 

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Time to dust off the leagues backup gear

Ha, you mean the white floppy chestie and the Vics with 87 leather straps?  Perfect.

Side note, I paid for overnight expedited shipping when I bought this stuff and I got refunded because apparently they don't offer that as an option from Vaughn.  That's such BS.  There's no way Rask or Quick have to wait a whole week for their gear to be shipped in a horse carriage. I coulda had this stuff tomorrow. Ugh.

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha, you mean the white floppy chestie and the Vics with 87 leather straps?  Perfect.

Side note, I paid for overnight expedited shipping when I bought this stuff and I got refunded because apparently they don't offer that as an option from Vaughn.  That's such BS.  There's no way Rask or Quick have to wait a whole week for their gear to be shipped in a horse carriage. I coulda had this stuff tomorrow. Ugh.

I didn't know Vaughn was in the logistics business.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I didn't know Vaughn was in the logistics business.

Sorta.  They obviously have their own accounts with FedEx and/or UPS and in those accounts they can choose their shipping urgency.  I do this at work all day long. 

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Sorta.  They obviously have their own accounts with FedEx and/or UPS and in those accounts they can choose their shipping urgency.  I do this at work all day long. 

I was being facetious. I work in supply chain lol.

There's no reason why Vaughn can't arrange for expedited shipping with one of their possible many carriers. Feels like they're just being intentionally difficult.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

I was being facetious. I work in supply chain lol.

There's no reason why Vaughn can't arrange for expedited shipping with one of their possible many carriers. Feels like they're just being intentionally difficult.

That's right...sorry.  We both work in supply chain companies, too. 

It. Gets. More. Creepy. Every. Day.

@ArdeFIN I got a nice response from USA Hockey regarding attaching my monitor pouch on top of my net.  In case you don't know, USA Hockey is the governing agency that sets rules and regulations on youth and adult hockey in the US...they also run the Olympic teams, World Championship teams, etc.

Thank you for your dedication to USA Hockey.

In regard to your question about attachments to the goal netting, strictly speaking there are no rules in the USA Hockey Playing Rules that disallow this. However, “omission” does not necessarily mean a goalkeeper has free rein to attach anything he/she wants to the goal netting. However, since this is clearly a medical device it should be considered allowable assuming it is securely attached to the netting in a way that prevents it from popping off during play and becoming a hazard to skaters.

We strongly recommend bringing your question to your league (or rink) administrator to confirm they have no issues with it. They are the ones managing the risk management factors in your league. Furthermore, we recommend giving the game officials a head’s up (if they don’t already know) just so they don’t get caught off guard. For the record, this medical device would not violate USAH Rule 308.

Best wishes for a safe and successful season.

Benjamin (BJ) Ringrose | Manager, Officiating Education Program

Since we now have a handy-dandy place for miscellany thanks to @seagoal, I’ll put this here.

I went to Canadian Tire this morning, and saw this beautiful Bel Air. I’m not a car guy, but I think anyone can appreciate this icon of automotive history. I really did feel bad when my shopping cart rolled right into it while I was texting… so I put down the phone and quickly drove away.

3460565A-425F-4071-A177-35D2BB825A98.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

My PM folders tell me otherwise…

They also tell me some disturbing stuff about you. But it’s probably not true. At least not all of it… Probably…

I want in on this DM love. It only gets better with more of us. And it's all true, everything you've heard about my "preferences" is true.

Ever wonder why some more active users have phased away from posting here?

Yea, that's all me baby.