Daily Chit-chat

seagoal

On 6/4/2021 at 6:52 PM, seagoal said:

Thanks Chenner.  I got a UPS estimate of $40.08.  Spot on. I have a new box on the way to me so I'll just go ahead and use that and use the paper padding they send after taping the sticks together. 

By the way, I secured a new owner of those sticks, so feel free to close/delete that thread, please and thank you. 

They are going to a young goalie, I'm assuming a teenager, in North Dakota.  Hopefully, he'll remain a member on here and join our banter. 

Hey Seagoal, I meant to chime in on the other thread and the weekend got away from me. Just wanted to say thanks for your generosity. It means a lot!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motowngoalie said:

Hey Seagoal, I meant to chime in on the other thread and the weekend got away from me. Just wanted to say thanks for your generosity. It means a lot!

Hey man, thanks for getting him on here and setting that up.  He's a really nice kid.  I remember very well being a teenager and hungry for gear upgrades.  I'm glad it all worked out.  

I will be getting those on their way to him this week. 

does anyone remember what goalie and what year in the All-Star game where on the stylish shootout competition the goalie flipped his stick upside down and tried to make a save with the knob on the ice?

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

Time to dust off the leagues backup gear

Ha, you mean the white floppy chestie and the Vics with 87 leather straps?  Perfect.

Side note, I paid for overnight expedited shipping when I bought this stuff and I got refunded because apparently they don't offer that as an option from Vaughn.  That's such BS.  There's no way Rask or Quick have to wait a whole week for their gear to be shipped in a horse carriage. I coulda had this stuff tomorrow. Ugh.

3 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Ha, you mean the white floppy chestie and the Vics with 87 leather straps?  Perfect.

Side note, I paid for overnight expedited shipping when I bought this stuff and I got refunded because apparently they don't offer that as an option from Vaughn.  That's such BS.  There's no way Rask or Quick have to wait a whole week for their gear to be shipped in a horse carriage. I coulda had this stuff tomorrow. Ugh.

I didn't know Vaughn was in the logistics business.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

I didn't know Vaughn was in the logistics business.

Sorta.  They obviously have their own accounts with FedEx and/or UPS and in those accounts they can choose their shipping urgency.  I do this at work all day long. 

2 minutes ago, seagoal said:

Sorta.  They obviously have their own accounts with FedEx and/or UPS and in those accounts they can choose their shipping urgency.  I do this at work all day long. 

I was being facetious. I work in supply chain lol.

There's no reason why Vaughn can't arrange for expedited shipping with one of their possible many carriers. Feels like they're just being intentionally difficult.

Just now, coopaloop1234 said:

I was being facetious. I work in supply chain lol.

There's no reason why Vaughn can't arrange for expedited shipping with one of their possible many carriers. Feels like they're just being intentionally difficult.

That's right...sorry.  We both work in supply chain companies, too. 

It. Gets. More. Creepy. Every. Day.

Posted (edited)

Man, last night at practice I had a flukey shot go up my pants and tag me in the lower, inner thigh.  Dirty little puck.  It was a hard shot from the point that got tipped a few inches in front of me and it ramped up into my pants and stayed put. 

Another shot later on got stuck in between the sidewall and thumb of my blocker, another flukey shot.  That one however did not hurt.

Edited by seagoal

@ArdeFIN I got a nice response from USA Hockey regarding attaching my monitor pouch on top of my net.  In case you don't know, USA Hockey is the governing agency that sets rules and regulations on youth and adult hockey in the US...they also run the Olympic teams, World Championship teams, etc.

Thank you for your dedication to USA Hockey.

In regard to your question about attachments to the goal netting, strictly speaking there are no rules in the USA Hockey Playing Rules that disallow this. However, “omission” does not necessarily mean a goalkeeper has free rein to attach anything he/she wants to the goal netting. However, since this is clearly a medical device it should be considered allowable assuming it is securely attached to the netting in a way that prevents it from popping off during play and becoming a hazard to skaters.

We strongly recommend bringing your question to your league (or rink) administrator to confirm they have no issues with it. They are the ones managing the risk management factors in your league. Furthermore, we recommend giving the game officials a head’s up (if they don’t already know) just so they don’t get caught off guard. For the record, this medical device would not violate USAH Rule 308.

Best wishes for a safe and successful season.

Benjamin (BJ) Ringrose | Manager, Officiating Education Program

Since we now have a handy-dandy place for miscellany thanks to @seagoal, I’ll put this here.

I went to Canadian Tire this morning, and saw this beautiful Bel Air. I’m not a car guy, but I think anyone can appreciate this icon of automotive history. I really did feel bad when my shopping cart rolled right into it while I was texting… so I put down the phone and quickly drove away.

3460565A-425F-4071-A177-35D2BB825A98.jpeg

Edited by Lucky Pucker
  • Haha 1

Somehow stumbled across the lightest gear thread earlier today and that got me thinking. What would the lightest pro level goalie skates look like? Here's my idea

Monstrosity.png.1890423855d5749585c666b525ca7aa6.png

There is a chance these become my skates at some point in the future since I'm starting to prefer the forward pitch again and CCM's custom boots are unmatched at retail. Thoughts?

Well my first game with my new team is tonight (super excited).  My new gear is not here yet.  It is at a warehouse 35 minutes south of Seattle  and scheduled for delivery tomorrow.  I called FedEx and begged them to let me drive down and pick them up, but they declined. 

Sigh. 

• Like 1

@coopaloop1234 did you have a real game Sunday or yesterday?

First game with my new team last night.  Shots on goal were 61-22 and we won 6-2.  The other goalie just moved to town and this was his first game in our league.  Super nice guy, but we lit him up with shots pretty good.  He played really well.

2 on me were PPG, first one, guy all alone in the slot had a lot of time, he shot glove side and I played it hard and high, he went soft and low at my foot and in.  Good goal.  Second one, hard shot from the glove side circle, save through legs, no vision, came off hot and way to my right.....superman dive mitts first, hits my stick in midair and in.  Good goal (and fun).  

Fun game.  First game/new team nerves put to rest.  Let's go. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, seagoal said:

@coopaloop1234 did you have a real game Sunday or yesterday?

Indoor sports ban was just lifted as of yesterday afternoon. League games start on the 21st, so I'm hoping to get at least one ice time before then but I doubt it. It's a bloodbath for goalies fighting over team spots/ice times.

There's been a few ads requesting goalies for league play on the hockey community app, every single one had 5-10 guys vying to get a spot. I'm sure things will simmer down come fall, but I have a feeling that I won't be getting the amount of ice I'd like to over the summer.

1 minute ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Indoor sports ban was just lifted as of yesterday afternoon. League games start on the 21st, so I'm hoping to get at least one ice time before then but I doubt it. It's a bloodbath for goalies fighting over team spots/ice times.

There's been a few ads requesting goalies for league play on the hockey community app, every single one had 5-10 guys vying to get a spot. I'm sure things will simmer down come fall, but I have a feeling that I won't be getting the amount of ice I'd like to over the summer.

Ah, ok.  Sorry man.

How many teams are you officially on this season?