2018 IIHF World Junior Championship

SaveByRichter35

Anyone see the incidents with Carter Hart? Boy is he going to get his childish superstitions messed with at the pro level. I can already picture some Avery-like dude standing there for the whole intermission just to get Hart off his game.

21 minutes ago, Moose75 said:

Anyone see the incidents with Carter Hart? Boy is he going to get his childish superstitions messed with at the pro level. I can already picture some Avery-like dude standing there for the whole intermission just to get Hart off his game.

It was funny in today’s game... love the gamesmanship from from the Swiss.

Really plays up that all us tendies are headcases

I think he will. Holtby found a way to make his rituals work. Hart idolized Holtby, so I'm sure he will too.

I like Hart though. Hope he breaks the U20 Canada curse. Seems like every goalie they have rostered the last few years have gone on to have okay-to-tough pro careers: Comrie, Fucale, Paterson, Blackwood, McDonald, Ingram, Binnington, Visentin, Roy, etc. Kind of amazing Wedgewood is the only one to land multiple NHL starts. At least that I can think of.

Seriously? This is how millennials celebrate a gold medal? So glad I grew up in the 80's, "I pity these fools"

sportsnet.thumb.jpg.61532be3849449ba3dd2ead5629f4930.jpg

And then there's the Swedes...

Sweden captain Lias Andersson, who had tears in his eyes after his team lost in dramatic fashion to Canada in the final of the world juniors Friday night, wanted nothing to do with the silver medal that was draped around his neck so he tossed it into the stands.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/swedens-lias-andersson-throws-silver-medal-stands-wjc-loss/

This generation of entitled wussies needs a good kick in the balls.

Which is exactly what every generation says. It’s what everyone says once they get older.

I don’t take the Swedish kid throwing his medal into the crowd as entitlement or being a wussy, but rather a person who is extremely competitive who despises losing.

And for the texting, I see plenty of oldies using mobile devices in public. Also if they had them when you were young, you’d have used them to.

1 hour ago, estogoalie said:

I don't think this is an entitled attitude. This dude wanted to win badly. This is passion and desire to be a winner.

However he should keep it handy. Loser trophies/medals work wonders as mementos for motivation to win and get better. Back when I was still playing competitively, we lost a big tournament game 1-4 in embarrassing  fashion. My captain and me came up with the idea to bring it to every game for the year-end playoff tournament. We would display it in the locker room as a visage of past failure to prevent that complacency. We swept the weekend and won it. I endorse what Andersson did here, as rash as it seems. 

Also; when you really think about it...silver medals are really just glorified participation trophies. "You didn't win, so here's something anyway!"

13 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Which is exactly what every generation says. It’s what everyone says once they get older.

I don’t take the Swedish kid throwing his medal into the crowd as entitlement or being a wussy, but rather a person who is extremely competitive who despises losing.

And for the texting, I see plenty of oldies using mobile devices in public. Also if they had them when you were young, you’d have used them to.

75c46a776a0fd9a1e73dcb66e862b2a9--simpsons-meme-simpsons-quotes.jpg.073eb71ac5687ae022c990bfb72eff12.jpg

Second place is just the first place loser. 

As for the taking the medal off immediately and tossing it the crowd, that's just an emotional kid not having the maturity to keep his shit together. 

As for the phones, I'm sure every one of their phones were blowing up so I'm not surprised to see them reading messages from friends and family, it's just kind of a funny photo without the proper context.

As for the "thats what every generation says" thing, like I said... every generation says it because it's getting worse. Or, more specifically, just because every generation says it doesn't mean they're wrong about it. 

And if that’s true, who’s fault is that? The parenting. So really you’re saying the parenting is getting worse. 

Perhaps a more accurate statement would be, “Each generation of parenting is getting worse than the last.”

But what difference does it make, we’re all just people with opinions. And you know what they say about opinions...

Carry on. 

1 hour ago, WillyGrips13 said:

And if that’s true, who’s fault is that? The parenting. So really you’re saying the parenting is getting worse. 

Perhaps a more accurate statement would be, “Each generation of parenting is getting worse than the last.”

But what difference does it make, we’re all just people with opinions. And you know what they say about opinions...

Carry on. 

Correct, the parenting is getting worse, I agree.

While parenting obviously plays a role, generations are also defined by society at large: whats in the movies, POV of the media/news, etc. When I was a kid in the 80's there was Rambo, Rocky, etc, the message being pushed was "wake up, kick ass, repeat", and that if you don't succeed, then try harder.

Today it's a "victim mentality", eg. if you don't succeed, you can blame somebody else, or you are a victim because of your skin color, gender, lack of gender, etc. then go on social media and whine about being a victim. The biggest "thing" in 2017 was the whole #MeToo movement. While I am obviously against rape, it's again just highlighting the victim mentality being pushed today. If Twitter existed in the 80's it would have been a #F--kYou movement. If somebody sexually harasses you, kick them in the balls/tits, don't go on Twitter and whine about it.

On 06/01/2018 at 3:21 PM, estogoalie said:

Seriously? This is how millennials celebrate a gold medal? So glad I grew up in the 80's, "I pity these fools"

sportsnet.thumb.jpg.61532be3849449ba3dd2ead5629f4930.jpg

And then there's the Swedes...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/swedens-lias-andersson-throws-silver-medal-stands-wjc-loss/

This generation of entitled wussies needs a good kick in the balls.

Of course an Estonian woul be baffled by people beig able to use these wireless contraptions!  Typical....  How did Estonia celebrate their world juniors wins.... oh wait....

;) 

9 minutes ago, Doobiesnax said:

Of course an Estonian woul be baffled by people beig able to use these wireless contraptions!  Typical....  How did Estonia celebrate their world juniors wins.... oh wait....

;) 

I sadly know only two things about Estonia:

1) Frontier sticks are made there.

2) This: 

Archived