Rask retires

loki1416

I was always a fan of Rask over the years and as a Bruins fan I have watched him play a lot.  Not the most exciting goalie to watch, but super consistent and solid.   He's been a big influence on me and my love of Vaughn gear.  He was in many a Vaughn catolog. 

Sad to see him retire due to surgery recovery, but he had a solid career.

And because it's fun

He was also known for his temper tantrums, which were always hilarious to see

Tantrums are a good segway to this, which was both a tantrum and an amazing NHL photo op

1456070443_Screenshot_20220209-175802_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.79742c958b869c23c1d72dfa9e5baa39.jpg

• Like 1

Anyone think he’ll have his number retired? All time leader for Boston in most fields. Possibly?

I was never a fan to be honest, but I have respect for his accomplishments. Always find him to be a bit lack lustre, but that’s just my opinion. He will always be synonymous with Boston though. I do feel for him not being able to carry on and try for another cup. 

4 hours ago, The Teal Terror said:

Anyone think he’ll have his number retired? All time leader for Boston in most fields. Possibly?

I was never a fan to be honest, but I have respect for his accomplishments. Always find him to be a bit lack lustre, but that’s just my opinion. He will always be synonymous with Boston though. I do feel for him not being able to carry on and try for another cup. 

Boston is the only original 6 team to not retire a goaltender's number. So it would be interesting to see.

24 minutes ago, MTH said:

Does Toronto retire numbers or hono(u)r them?

Drop the parentheses and spell it correctly. ;) 

https://editorinleaf.com/2016/10/15/toronto-maple-leafs-retire-numbers/ They were officially retired a few years ago.

Vancouver does a mix between retiring numbers and adding people to our "Ring of Honour".

We retire guys that you'd expect: Pavel Bure, Stan Smyl, Trevor Linden, Markus Naslund, and the Sedins.

We "honour" guys that were fan favourites, but not hitting that stride to be retired: Orland Kurtenbach (first captain), Kirk Mclean (solely for gear style), Thomas Gradin (former highest scoring centre), Harold Snepsts (fomer franchise leader in games played / Penalty minutes), Pat Quinn, (former head coach, Manager, league legend), Mattias Ohlund (former highest scoring defenseman), Alex Burrows (probably just for finally beating Chicago)