TGN Deep Dive: Bauer Konekt Skates

TheGoalNet

12 minutes ago, BadAngle41 said:

Was scrolling through and couldn't find where you got the black replacement liners. How come and where di you get them?

Any dealer can order them from bauer. $150. I wanted a 2nd pair for tourneys and what not. Keeping the green ones as the spares. Looks way better with black ha ha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Wrbsti15 said:

Any dealer can order them from bauer. $150. I wanted a 2nd pair for tourneys and what not. Keeping the green ones as the spares. Looks way better with black ha ha 

Agreed.

2 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Would you believe I missed them when I looked at Pure after reading this but it then came up in a pop up add later in the day. 🕵️‍♂️

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, punkard said:

Checking in to see if anyone knows if Bauer has sorted out the buckle issue? Was it just a bad batch?

That seems to be case, I’ve not had an issue with mine but have 2 spare just in case I ever did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrbsti15 said:

Where did you get spares? 

I just phoned up the store I bought them through and asked for some spares just in case they broke, they sent them free although I’m sure they could have, when I emailed Bauer to get some they said to contact the shop. 

36 minutes ago, Cass said:

I just phoned up the store I bought them through and asked for some spares just in case they broke, they sent them free although I’m sure they could have, when I emailed Bauer to get some they said to contact the shop. 

Thanks. My shop said I can’t get them unless they break 

2 minutes ago, Wrbsti15 said:

Thanks. My shop said I can’t get them unless they break 

See my shop said that at first because only they could replace them, but when I said they twisted out and didn’t need to come to a shop to done they said ok. The shop I got them in the UK thought you had to drill out the whole buckle section not realising that it was a simple screw in and out. 

8 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Still haven’t broken a buckle and I’ve had my skates since mid July…..

My skates have taken a beating too. Used on average 5-6 times a week since I got them

97268A44-51C2-4E40-9F22-288FDFA90882.thumb.jpeg.27717eaef642f40d3861e1a43d475570.jpeg

Now onto the important question, what process did you use to blackout your skates. They look awesome.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2022 at 7:52 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

I can't really tell. Seems to look and feel the same. I can snap some more pics.

I can see cable underneath the black "sleeve" on both of the buckles.

High-res pictures below, click to embiggen.

20220825_162951.thumb.jpg.243f044d4994fcbbc37aff653936ef54.jpg

20220825_162936.thumb.jpg.a3fd68882a5e8e0fb9f0854bc4d9af72.jpg

Mine didn’t seem to wanna screw out. I spun to left and it eventually stopped. 

1 hour ago, Wrbsti15 said:

Whelp my lower buckle broke last night in the 2nd period. Bauer has refused to send extra parts to be prepared. So now I wait for a fix. Parts should be readily available. Let’s go Bauer come on. 

470B16A6-DBCC-4F68-AC67-BAE71B9134DA.jpeg

Not a very unrealiable skate. Maybe you can glue it? Ive heard thats working in the interm.

Edited by netminder

Whelp my lower buckle broke last night in the 2nd period. Bauer has refused to send extra parts to be prepared. So now I wait for a fix. Parts should be readily available. Let’s go Bauer come on. 

Mine didn’t seem to wanna screw out. I spun to left and it eventually stopped. 

What excuse did Bauer give for not sending a replacement part?

You may have to pull on it while unscrewing it - it can be a little difficult. Keep attempting to unscrew even when it feels stopped and it will come out.

Contact your local store if Bauer isn't assisting, they may have some spare parts to give out.

If Bauer and your store can't help, DM me. My store did receive some to give out. I'll see if there are any remaining and if I can get you one.