TGN Deep Dive: Bauer Konekt Skates

TheGoalNet

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, WizYuan said:

Does the insole sit inside the liner? I wear custom orthotics so I need the insoles removable...

How does heat molding work too? Just the liner? No skate?

Don't know about the insole, but both the boot itself and the internal liner are heat moldable. IIRC, it's like 7 minutes for the boot and 4 minutes for the liner.

54 minutes ago, WizYuan said:

Does the insole sit inside the liner? I wear custom orthotics so I need the insoles removable...

How does heat molding work too? Just the liner? No skate?

yes, insole is inside the liner

shell and liner are both heat moldable

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

Just noticed it says SR on the buckle. Little bit odd considering the smallest size of these skates is 7 if I remember correctly. Surely there’s no reason for them to label a Senior part if all the skates are Senior sized 🧐

Obviously a photoshop.  Based on facts.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

They really scam everyone. The pros should have the pulse ti and and the elites should have ls 5 black steel. Konekt should have one of them.

Agree.  CCM has better steel and a better holder system at this point.  Kind of tough to believe Bauer isn't tired of watching players steel get blown off at least once a week in the show.   TBH they probably ARE working on an improved quickchange blade, but I'm in a snarky/bitchy mood so it's just easier to grump about that and the fact that I'll have to spend an extra $150 upgrading the steel on my $1100 rollerblades.  

• Haha 3

On 6/30/2022 at 2:55 PM, goalieThreeOne said:

I'm assuming these are like ski boots, where you can twist the strap to shorten or lengthen the silver piston to fine tune the length and therefore the tightness?

With them only using two straps, are there any concerns about tightness in the lower foot?

Yes, twist for micro adjustments 

Bottom of my foot feels secure 

On 7/1/2022 at 10:57 AM, Punisher Goalie said:

@TheGoalNet Sorry if you already provided it and I missed, but can you please post the weight of the complete skate (understanding you have upgraded steel in them)?

Not around them at the moment to weigh, but for memory, they are about 20 g heavier than the ultrasonic I think? 

they are a tad heavier, but it’s not a major step backwards 

On 7/4/2022 at 10:35 AM, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

@TheGoalNet did you notice when putting them on that the top strap-thing is very hard to pull? When I put them on I needed my friend to do it I couldn’t reach the thing across

Sort of? But the other way, but it's all tied to tension. It's hard to clip. I clip it half way, then clip it.

Bauer's pro rep recommended trying to keep the one all the way buckled.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Sort of? But the other way, but it's all tied to tension. It's hard to clip. I clip it half way, then clip it.

Bauer's pro rep recommended trying to keep the one all the way buckled.

I assume he means the bottom one because you wouldn’t be able to put the skate on if you kept the top one fully buckled

1 hour ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

I assume he means the bottom one because you wouldn’t be able to put the skate on if you kept the top one fully buckled

He means when the skate is on the foot.  You are supposed to really clamp down the top strap to avoid movement and take full advantage of the flex.  The lower strap is meant to be snug, but not cranked down.

On 7/6/2022 at 7:03 PM, RichMan said:

Seems like a lot of recreational brands have been using the hinge system for a while. We just haven't been paying attention is all.

Softec Girl's/Women's Adjustable Recreational Skate, Pink | Canadian Tire

I should probably copy and past this response...

It's not a novel concept. Dates back to the 80s with Micron skates. Just due to goalies needing more flex and a spike in the joint injuries, they brought back the technology. The materials are also way better and it feels high end in use.

• Like 1