CCM Eflex 6 gear pictures

Snowman30

38 minutes ago, Chenner29 said:

IMO - the last thing I've ever complained about on chest/arms units is the backplate.  Not sure why they chose to devote the time/engineering/capital here when the protection level in the arms of their retail units has always been lacking.

They really should just bring the AB18Pro to retail and be done with it.

Lacking is an understatement. I added d3o to the back of my axis 2 arms and still get some stingers but no more bruising. They should had put d3o in the arms to begin with for as much as they charge for them. 

1 hour ago, Chenner29 said:

IMO - the last thing I've ever complained about on chest/arms units is the backplate.  Not sure why they chose to devote the time/engineering/capital here when the protection level in the arms of their retail units has always been lacking.

They really should just bring the AB18Pro to retail and be done with it.

If the AB18 Pro was brought to retail it would be in the $800-$850 range last I heard

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

My set showed up today. Overall I am very pleased with the quality of the total custom pro vs the retail stuff. 581 pro palm will take some getting use to, but I have a regular 580 pro palm on the way just in case. Vegas gold speed skin is 👌👌

PXL_20230720_182041800.MP.jpg

Nice looking set!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious if any of the 581 owners have any additional feedback or thoughts on how they're liking the glove? Recently picked of a set of eflex 6 pads and am considering replacing my gloves as well. How is the break-in process going?

Thanks. 

6 hours ago, froese said:

Just curious if any of the 581 owners have any additional feedback or thoughts on how they're liking the glove? Recently picked of a set of eflex 6 pads and am considering replacing my gloves as well. How is the break-in process going?

Thanks. 

The 581 is...  It's different. Coming from a 580 to a 581 it feels similar but different. I'm not a fan of how the glove fits in my hand, I feel like half my hand is sticking out. I also don't care for the puffy palm nash. Pinky loop has its moments where it will slide off my medium sized hands. Break in wasn't terrible. Bake it in the skate oven for 5 min then either tie it closed or work it open and closed for a half hour. I baked my pro palm and tied it up and it's pretty broken in in the few days I've had them. 

2 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

The 581 is...  It's different. Coming from a 580 to a 581 it feels similar but different. I'm not a fan of how the glove fits in my hand, I feel like half my hand is sticking out. I also don't care for the puffy palm nash. Pinky loop has its moments where it will slide off my medium sized hands. Break in wasn't terrible. Bake it in the skate oven for 5 min then either tie it closed or work it open and closed for a half hour. I baked my pro palm and tied it up and it's pretty broken in in the few days I've had them. 

Appreciate the update. I'm coming from a Vaughn V9 so this will definitely be an adjustment, but based on my preferred hand position I think the break will suit me. I've tried it on multiple times in store and I am intrigued. It felt pretty good, actually. I'll definitely bring it into the store to have it baked when it gets delivered though (I'm full right so always have to order online!)

Do you think you're having trouble getting all the strapping dialed in or is just a tight fitting glove?

6 hours ago, froese said:

Appreciate the update. I'm coming from a Vaughn V9 so this will definitely be an adjustment, but based on my preferred hand position I think the break will suit me. I've tried it on multiple times in store and I am intrigued. It felt pretty good, actually. I'll definitely bring it into the store to have it baked when it gets delivered though (I'm full right so always have to order online!)

Do you think you're having trouble getting all the strapping dialed in or is just a tight fitting glove?

I have played with the straps and it's betting somewhat better. I guess I'm just use to the flat palm of my true. The face of the 581 is much flatter in the thumb. I'm still working on how I want to hold the glove as most of the glove shots have been off the steep face on reactive rebounds and pop out. 

4 hours ago, Madmedic6 said:

I have played with the straps and it's betting somewhat better. I guess I'm just use to the flat palm of my true. The face of the 581 is much flatter in the thumb. I'm still working on how I want to hold the glove as most of the glove shots have been off the steep face on reactive rebounds and pop out. 

The unique strapping system is definitely one of the things that appealed to me, as did the compromise of finger stalls/no finger stalls. I've never used a True 580, or any 580 for that matter but I'm sure I'll have my own adjustment issues coming from Vaughn.

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

@froese the loops get the 5X1 glove design from odd to usable IMO. 591 pre-loops was just awkward. Now it just comes to down if you like it or not? It's very mechanical hinge like closure compared to a baseball glove feel from the rest of the market?

@TheGoalNet I know that wearing it in the store isn't exactly game play, but I liked the feel of the glove and how they've implemented the finger loops. It felt like a good balance between freedom for your fingers while still giving you an anchor for your thumb and pinky finger. Definitely stiff though, that's for sure. My set is arriving in a couple days. 🤞

18 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's ok, @A.YOUNGoalie13 will come here trying to push his 80lbs of muscle around and tell everyone how much better being a Southpaw is in your defense. 

He's wrong, but at least you'll have a rabid defender. 

We know we're special. And thankfully it doesn't take much to throw off bone head forwards. That is, if they even bother to take a break from having their head's down and actually look at the target. 

4 minutes ago, froese said:

We know we're special. And thankfully it doesn't take much to throw off bone head forwards. That is, if they even bother to take a break from having their head's down and actually look at the target. 

Most players I've ever spoken to never realize a goalie is backwards. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

It's ok, @A.YOUNGoalie13 will come here trying to push his 80lbs of muscle around and tell everyone how much better being a Southpaw is in your defense. 

He's wrong, but at least you'll have a rabid defender. 

Thats 160 to you sir

Oh, and be sure to mention my height, that is, of course, if you can see up that high

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Madmedic6 said:

How are you liking the 581?

Well, I only received it yesterday afternoon so these are extremely early impressions, haha. I've had it baked, have been working it a lot while sitting around, tied it shut, stretched it open, and had my nephew shoot a hockey ball at me in the basement. That's been the extent of my testing. 

BUT, even after that short period it's getting way more comfortable and worked in, and it opens and closes just fine. Some of the reviews and comments I've seen online are way over the top in terms of what an unusable glove this is, doesn't open or close properly, has zero palm protection etc. That simply hasn't been my experience. Everybody's experiences are valid and we all have our preferences but personally I'm optimistic about it. Again, I've had it for literally one day but so far I'm pleasantly surprised 👍

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...