CCM Eflex 6 gear pictures

Snowman30

2 hours ago, ThatCarGuy said:

CCM’s gotta be punching air watching all of their pro guys use something other than the brand new glove breaks they put the majority of R&D into. 

I literally LOLed at this because I pictured a CCM exec furiously flailing at nothing in frustration 

Kinda like how my hand feels in the 591 glove 

I thought that, too, based on my experience trying on the stock 591 at the store. But then I won a CCM set in a giveaway and got the choice between Eflex5 and Axis 2 - I chose Axis 2 because I figured I'd get a bunch of specs I wouldn't normally use (like the 591 break) just to try them out and, if I didn't like them, I'd sell them a few months later.

Shift to now, where I sold my brand new True set that I had ordered because I like the Axis 2 set that much. Maybe I got lucky, but I am using the 591 break with a pro palm and it closed well out of the box. I baked/stretched it a couple days before I used it on the ice for the first time, and it closes easily and perfectly for me. Consider me converted to a believer in what CCM is doing - I have always been a 580 guy and I am excited to try their 581 break on an Eflex 6 set.

Edited by Teezle

I wonder if the eflex will have something more like stabiliflex than what is on axis? Also strapping and leg channel doesn't seem overly tight fitting for a "hybrid" pad. I like that it has a nice pre-curved shape though. As for the glove, I think they should've just stuck with the normal 590. Maybe the 581 goes better, and basically anything is better than a 600 IMO but I worry everyone is going to wish it was just a normal 580. Either way I'm excited to see more brands bringing the 90 degree to retail. I've always wanted to try one.

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Apparently it'll be the same knee stack set up. Which is pretty much like Stabiliflex anyways. 

Correct, CCM will tell you that Stabilislide is too stiff and their pro feedback is that the pad should some feel / give in that area. 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 8:06 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

CCM’s gotta be punching air watching all of their pro guys use something other than the brand new glove breaks they put the majority of R&D into. 

I agree, it's never a good look... BUT... anyone on this thread is hardcore? So 90% of the public will see the graphic, the logo, assume it's the latest and not sweat it too much

I also know post Lefevre that CCM is focused on innovation and making things that sells in stores. Look how well Warrior does with 0 NHL use and how well Bauer did with 1S/1X at retail before it had full pro adaption.

So is 591 a revolutionary product? To me, it is not. It's a unique design and I commend CCM for trying to innovate the glove... Overall, gloves are due for a revolution. Look at 2013 pad vs a 2023 pad. Has the glove changed in the last 10 years?

So I don't CCM views this as much of a failure as you might think? They probably knew it was 50/50 best case scenario that either Demko or Markstrom used it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I agree, it's never a good look... BUT... anyone on this thread is hardcore? So 90% of the public will see the graphic, the logo, assume it's the latest and not sweat it too much

I also know post Lefevre that CCM is focused on innovation and making things that sells in stores. Look how well Warrior does with 0 NHL use and how well Bauer did with 1S/1X at retail before it had full pro adaption.

[...]

So I don't CCM views this as much of a failure as you might think? They probably knew it was 50/50 best case scenario that either Demko or Markstrom used it.

At least at my store, I don't see a lot of CCM gloves selling lately. The single most common things I hear, both from parents of goalies (and adult goalies too) is that CCM gloves are hard to close. "We've baked it, we ran hot water through it - nothing!"

Customers are BIG on off-the-shelf feel. That, price and "need" are the big barriers to a sale. Colors - not as important as they are to us on this board. They try them on, get a feel for it, try to close it. The decision is made at that point. Instantly. They won't want to spend time heating the glove up to activate the memory foam or whatever. They'll move on what's next to it on a shelf - often a Bauer or Warrior - both of which are fairly easy to close out of the box. CCM really has to return to the drawing board or review their manufacturing and nail this aspect of their catchers down, IMO.

13 hours ago, ZeroGravitas said:

... CCM really has to return to the drawing board or review their manufacturing and nail this aspect of their catchers down, IMO.

This, they try to figure out something new and revolutionary while the basic product is failing. The 591 and 581 and whatever could be the next super seller. But only if they could change the structure to be soft. It would be 592 that is really and truly butter soft, with just the same design as 591 that could be it. And only for it being super soft to use off the shelf.

It's not even difficult to do and only needs a few minor changes. But they don't seem to realize what they need to do first.

3 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

This, they try to figure out something new and revolutionary while the basic product is failing. The 591 and 581 and whatever could be the next super seller. But only if they could change the structure to be soft. It would be 592 that is really and truly butter soft, with just the same design as 591 that could be it. And only for it being super soft to use off the shelf.

It's not even difficult to do and only needs a few minor changes. But they don't seem to realize what they need to do first.

I might get another 591 to mess around with at some point but for the time being there doesn’t seem to be a good way to make these things work even lacing it yourself or messing with the tee. That said all of the custom 591s look to close incredibly but the retail ones are garbage

Edited by ThatCarGuy

On 3/18/2023 at 2:08 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

I might get another 591 to mess around with at some point but for the time being there doesn’t seem to be a good way to make these things work even lacing it yourself or messing with the tee. That said all of the custom 591s look to close incredibly but the retail ones are garbage

So they know what they need to do and still they want to produce retail as garbage for what reason? To get rid of retail customer or what. Just can't understand the logic behind this. Not pointing to any of us either that we should understand.

This is somewhat the same thing that big brands produce PRO gear for NHL and maybe some other professional leagues and then create something else for retail. Spend some serious funds to design a lot of extra gear. Why wouldn't the semi-pro guy want to use NHL level Pro gear? And is it somehow lowballing the NHL guys that people can buy their level of a gear at retail shops... 

Could you @ThatCarGuy at some point compare the custom and retail 591 gloves side by side? Is there anything different by what you see. Both are made overseas so that isn't an option.

And just to say it out any glove can be made to close, and open wide, easily. Most of the stiffness with CCM is probably from the T. 

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, ArdeFIN said:

And just to say it out any glove can be made to close, and open wide, easily. Most of the stiffness with CCM is probably from the T.

When I pulled apart a 591 I bought and have since sold, ALL of the stiffness was in the tee. I tried lacing the tee loose, trimming plastics, realigning holes, and even swapping on a 590 offset single tee. It just didn’t want to work

On 3/17/2023 at 3:34 PM, TheGoalNet said:

So is 591 a revolutionary product? To me, it is not. It's a unique design and I commend CCM for trying to innovate the glove... Overall, gloves are due for a revolution. Look at 2013 pad vs a 2023 pad. Has the glove changed in the last 10 years?

I think this is where our tastes would be considerably different….Innovation.

I’m not saying I’m blaming you or being and old man yelling at a cloud…I enjoy the content you generally produce…..but watching your videos and seeing how much you enjoy aftermarket tech everywhere it D3O, Airknit, CORTECH, Sigmatech, Nanolite. It’s kind of adding gas to the fire.

I mean have you seen a Bauer or CCM player stick lately? They basically have the entire Bauer literature info printed on it somewhere. 

I find things to be out of hand, the stick is an Ad covered in ads with fine print ads. I think the pendulum may have swing a little too far to the crazy side and hopefully it will calm down. 

To me innovating the gear is great, we took gigantic leaps based on radical ideas, but don’t let it get in the way of a good solid product. I feel some companies are now chasing that dragon of being cutting edge by incorporating bio-mechanic research instead of being influenced by the goalies that are playing.

Are companies innovating to make stopping pucks easier, or are we cutting off the cuffs of our blockers because we need a new idea for next quarter? 
At the end of the day a baseball glove is still a baseball glove is all I’m saying. 

Edited by RedX
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RedX said:

I think this is where our tastes would be considerably different….Innovation.

I’m not saying I’m blaming you or being and old man yelling at a cloud…I enjoy the content you generally produce…..but watching your videos and seeing how much you enjoy aftermarket tech everywhere it D3O, Airknit, CORTECH. Sigmatech,Nanolite. It’s kind of adding gas to the fire.

I mean have you seen a Bauer or CCM player stick lately? They basically have the entire Bauer literature info printed on it somewhere. 

I find things to be out of hand, the stick is an Ad covered in ads with fine print ads. 

To me innovating the gear is great, we took gigantic leaps based on radical ideas, but don’t let it get in the way of a good solid product. I feel some companies are now chasing that dragon. Are innovating to make stopping pucks easier, or are we cutting off the cuffs of our blockers because we need a new idea for next quarter.
At the end of the day a baseball glove is still a baseball glove is all I’m saying. 

I agree with your thoughts on player sticks as well as the baseball glove analogy. If the gear does its intended purpose, well if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

However their is a balance to found with innovating as well. Does attaching the knee stack to the core of the pad make more saves? Probably not. But does it make some incremental improvements for playing the overall position? For sure. 

I think the gloves may be at a place similar to a baseball glove. At the end of the day it needs to catch/block pucks, which they do.

The pads are more like the player sticks where theres a lot of ads for tech on them.

9 hours ago, RedX said:

Are companies innovating to make stopping pucks easier, or are we cutting off the cuffs of our blockers because we need a new idea for next quarter? 

Man, the lack of cuff on my Mach blocker is such a minor change that has been very welcomed.

With how low C/A's are on the arms, it's such a surprised that they've lasted this long anyways. The same thought I have on gloves with wrist straps. It's just no longer needed. 

Comparing my gloves throughout my time playing, my gloves become more protective, comfier to use, and are better at catching as time goes on.

The marketing for a lot of gear is absurd, but the slight tweaks year over year have made large differences in how gear performs. 

• Like 1