Increasing the "pop"

bgorb

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure exactly how this would work but does anyone have any suggestions about increasing the "pop" of rebounds off of your pads? I have an Eflex 4 setup and I just wish the puck would fly off the pads and blocker a little better. I know buying new, stiff pads would solve this issue but I thought this would be a fun discussion. 

Thanks for your help!

25 minutes ago, bgorb said:

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure exactly how this would work but does anyone have any suggestions about increasing the "pop" of rebounds off of your pads? I have an Eflex 4 setup and I just wish the puck would fly off the pads and blocker a little better. I know buying new, stiff pads would solve this issue but I thought this would be a fun discussion. 

Thanks for your help!

Buy some Bauer's 🤣🤣

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, bgorb said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help!

I mean it's always possible to do a little surgery on a blocker,  open it up, insert a sheet of something,  and close it up.  It's possible,  though probably a difficult task.

It's gotta be a LOT tougher to do this on leg pads. 

8 minutes ago, seagoal said:

I mean it's always possible to do a little surgery on a blocker,  open it up, insert a sheet of something,  and close it up.  It's possible,  though probably a difficult task.

It's gotta be a LOT tougher to do this on leg pads. 

Would probably be cheaper to get some new, mid level "hard" pads than the time and materials to essentially completely overhaul a softer pad. 

But I'm also a lazy fuck who rarely ever mods his gear, so I'm definitely the wrong guy to chime in on this. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Would probably be cheaper to get some new, mid level "hard" pads than the time and materials to essentially completely overhaul a softer pad. 

But I'm also a lazy fuck who rarely ever mods his gear, so I'm definitely the wrong guy to chime in on this. 

Same here.  

But this post seems like a good call for @ArdeFIN, our resident gear surgeon. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, bgorb said:

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your help!

I had EF4's years ago.  They were the softest pads of the 8 sets I've owned over the last decade, and the worst possible candidate for this idea.  The blocker on the other hand would be easier, as I believe it still has the zipper up top for easy access.  Just follow the thread ZG linked and you'll see a big difference.   

On 7/18/2023 at 9:00 PM, seagoal said:

Same here.  

But this post seems like a good call for @ArdeFIN, our resident gear surgeon. 

Eh, thanks. This goes a bit off from what I've experienced since I don't really need more pop for my blocker than I have. That said it is usually a plastic sheet added to the front. But for the plastic type or thickness I really cannot give any good advice.

For the pads, it would be an awful lot of work to do as you would have to dismantle all the structural lacing and atleast one binding before getting into it. Lacing is still in a range of things but those bindings are difficult to do and need a lot of effort and right tools too.

So as others have already stated, get some Bauer for the pop. Or just newer set of any brand for more pop.