Brian's Iconik - 2023 Line

ZeroGravitas

On 8/7/2023 at 3:29 PM, TheGoalNet said:

This is the replacement for GNetik.
I would NOT place too much stock in what we see a pro wearing right now... could be existing player spec with the new graphics.

Independently, new glove / blocker line coming too

So they’ll have Optik-full set, Iconik/Gnetik-full set, and a third set of gloves?

10 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

I have gotten pretty rusty on my Brian's, but they generally just updated logos / graphics every year to help push the new line? They generally don't have an Optik guy and a GNetik guy? That's why it's hard to tell sometimes, IMO, without going side by side with retail pics and a pro.

They kind of had GNetik/Optik guys. From memory:

• Shesterkin was in Optik sets year-over-year, even starting last season in Optik3 stuff before going back to Optik2s
  • Vejmelka was in entirely Optik2 then Optik3 stuff
  • Halak is a GNetik guy with custom strapping and some other custom options
  • Raanta is GNetik gloves with Optik pads, but sometimes uses GNetik pads too (with a custom calf strap, Igor had it on his Iconiks)
  • Hart is in GNetiks with an Optik glove
  • Hellberg is an Optik guy
  • Georgeiv was a GNetik guy before going to 12.2->PX3
  • Dell is an Optik guy
  • Demko was a GNetik guy before going to EFlex5->EFlex6

They certainly don't do it like especially Bauer has. The tell is usually the outer gusset (or any of the polymesh used anywhere on the gear) of the pads and the logos on the gear (they either don't or they rarely spoof it to the other line from what I have been able to tell). 

3 hours ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

So they’ll have Optik-full set, Iconik/Gnetik-full set, and a third set of gloves?

That's mostly what I can tell. Here's your super nebulous teaser images.

image.png.63fbf93b088cc82f70d3afa841681c48.pngimage.png.f9d7bf10c936218474cfd95c1ff2b797.png

image.png.af47f403c570eebbf6ac23231fc6e966.pngimage.png.a80abae1d477a5b8baf1a695fd2a10e4.png

Edited by keeperton
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IpaddyTECH said:

I talked to a Brian's rep a couple months back and he said they were hoping to release a 90 degree option next year. 90 degree break, boa strapping that never comes loose, intermediate palm, and maybe a pancake style glove? I'm in love. 

The spec sheet gets better than that once you find it

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing this teaser! I'm in Gnetik IVs now and looking to switch to Optik 3s or the new Iconik, so I can't wait for these to drop and get some more info. I would personally love to see a really soft boot with a stiff thigh for the Iconik. The Brian's custom wait times are nuts though...

2 hours ago, Yzueblin said:

Some store have a demo for the staff and one of them tell me the difference between Gnetik V and those one is not big. he will not change his Gnetik V over those one right now

The strapping is identical, which I think is a bit of a gaff as that's my least favorite thing about the GNetik V. Though I think it would also be silly to copy/paste the straps from the Optik and then have "two totally different lines!" and I don't think Brian's wants to copy or do their own version of the FRS (as much as they maybe should?).

Edit: Something something bring back the GN3tik x-strap.

Brians GNetik Pro 3 Goalie Leg Pads - Senior | Pure Goalie Equipment

Edit2: Also the x-static material, that stuff felt great in the leg channel.

Edited by keeperton

Looking at that knee bend, it just doesn't seem right, kinetically and ergonomically speaking. Our legs fold at the ankle and the knee joints. It should be a straight structure from above the ankle up to the knee area itself and then a break or bend above the knee to close that gap/5 hole. Just my opinion. I've seen it done before in the past. Makes more sense. I even notice it on my Warriors.

Avowed Brian’s fanboy here… but can someone show me a picture of this knee bend that is upsetting people so much? I’ve scrolled through the thread, but can’t see anything offensive (other than Coop’s usual shit posting, of course.) I realize there isn’t much out there yet - which is part of why I can’t understand the backlash. Is it based on the customizer images? An artist’s interpretation of the pads for colour zone illustrative purposes wouldn’t be very solid basis for knee bend analysis, IMHO.

Wish I could say I’m buying a set, but the “my gear will have to match my new team’s sweaters” strategy has fallen flat with the CFO here at Pucker Palace. So I’ll have to continue wearing my Gnetik IVs like a peasant 😞

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Avowed Brian’s fanboy here… but can someone show me a picture of this knee bend that is upsetting people so much? I’ve scrolled through the thread, but can’t see anything offensive (other than Coop’s usual shit posting, of course.) I realize there isn’t much out there yet - which is part of why I can’t understand the backlash. Is it based on the customizer images? An artist’s interpretation of the pads for colour zone illustrative purposes wouldn’t be very solid basis for knee bend analysis, IMHO.

Wish I could say I’m buying a set, but the “my gear will have to match my new team’s sweaters” strategy has fallen flat with the CFO here at Pucker Palace. So I’ll have to continue wearing my Gnetik IVs like a peasant 😞

Brian's, Vaughn, and True all use either pictures or traced pictures to create their customizers. What we see in the customizer is the final pad shape

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RichMan said:

Looking at that knee bend, it just doesn't seem right, kinetically and ergonomically speaking. Our legs fold at the ankle and the knee joints. It should be a straight structure from above the ankle up to the knee area itself and then a break or bend above the knee to close that gap/5 hole. Just my opinion. I've seen it done before in the past. Makes more sense. I even notice it on my Warriors.

Shits almost a 90 degree angle