Brian's Iconik - 2023 Line

ZeroGravitas

• ZeroGravitas changed the title to Brian's Iconik - 2023 Line
37 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

That or an older Vaughn graphic. 

Yes!  I thought that too just could not remember the numbering.

It was an offshoot model from the main stock model that year and it had 3, well, sperm looking lines as the graphic.

2 hours ago, jerd31 said:

Bauer on that Battram shit and straight up copying Brian's logo 🙃  

I'm assuming Gnetik is going away since the Optik 3 are pretty new?  Wonder what's changing on the pads...

Things I'm pretty sure about, but don't completely know that I feel I can share:

• No boot strap, stock.
    • Can be ordered with one in any capacity, including if you want a "behind the heel" type of attachement
  • Strapping is basically the same as the GNetik
    • Looks like Shesty (in another picture) has the same as the Raanta calf strap, I'm curious if that will be standard because
  • This is replacing the GNetik
  • Glove break will be the GNetik break
  • Knee looks more bent than the GNetikV is
1 hour ago, ZeroGravitas said:

IconikCustomizer.thumb.jpg.e7897e135a8cd687a25b9b2f6a2537b0.jpg

I managed to find this, but Brian's at least knew it wouldn't be that hard and password protected it.

image.png.daca8ab794d44c0b97f19aa8a977ef4e.png

• Thanks 1

On 8/2/2023 at 6:41 PM, ThatCarGuy said:

Personally I think the knee bend is far too aggressive just like optik 3 was

On 8/2/2023 at 7:10 PM, keeperton said:

That was my entire hang-up on the Optik 3 as well. Love the pad otherwise, great strapping, feel, and performance, but too much bend.

Bend it Like Beckham

On 8/2/2023 at 1:47 PM, ZeroGravitas said:

New line for 2023 called the ICONIK.

Picture by Goalie Gear Nerd on Instagram

365414489_666232705388388_6965423544583486019_n.thumb.jpg.b4cd94bdd13afdb6df3e38384f54da91.jpg

Got to play with the customizer a bit, graphic looks great!

This is the replacement for GNetik.
I would NOT place too much stock in what we see a pro wearing right now... could be existing player spec with the new graphics.

Independently, new glove / blocker line coming too

52 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

This is the replacement for GNetik.
I would NOT place too much stock in what we see a pro wearing right now... could be existing player spec with the new graphics.

Independently, new glove / blocker line coming too

With how the new glove has its T set, it's got me wondering if it's the Brian's take of trying to make a 90deg. I'm not so sure about the new line's blocker, looking forward to more information.

From the picture of Igor, I'm supposing he's in the stiff version of the Iconik since he was in Optik 2s last season. The bend angle, outer vent, and knee cradle shape+material all align with the new pad. He does have the Raanta calf strap (single thick instead of GNetik double but thin).

On 8/7/2023 at 4:25 PM, keeperton said:

With how the new glove has its T set, it's got me wondering if it's the Brian's take of trying to make a 90deg. I'm not so sure about the new line's blocker, looking forward to more information.

From the picture of Igor, I'm supposing he's in the stiff version of the Iconik since he was in Optik 2s last season. The bend angle, outer vent, and knee cradle shape+material all align with the new pad. He does have the Raanta calf strap (single thick instead of GNetik double but thin).

I have gotten pretty rusty on my Brian's, but they generally just updated logos / graphics every year to help push the new line? They generally don't have an Optik guy and a GNetik guy? That's why it's hard to tell sometimes, IMO, without going side by side with retail pics and a pro.