Graf Peak Speed Pro/G Cowlingless Skates

2 hours ago, dualshowman said:

@beanbats If you could, good brother, litter this thread with photos of the skates, we'd all be very grateful. 

THIS! And if you could do a photo and description comparison to your previously used skates please. Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I took the Grafs for a half hour test ride on the synthetic ice last night, and they felt great.  I have home baked the skates to start on the customized fit.  My feet are shoe size 12 (Graf size 11),

599 US,  not bad for a top end skate!

Soooo...this happened: (not mine)  

Posted Images

14 hours ago, dualshowman said:

@beanbats If you could, good brother, litter this thread with photos of the skates, we'd all be very grateful. 

12 hours ago, RichMan said:

THIS! And if you could do a photo and description comparison to your previously used skates please. Thanks

I will take some more photos today and post them later.  As far as recently used skates, I currently switch between Mrazek 1S Pro stock and Leighton True 2 Piece with the Vertex holder, so I've been cowling less for a while.  I will write a comparison (As well as a review) once I manage to get the Graf's on the ice. 

Is the toe cap as substantial as the Bauer one? Also, being that the Bauer cap is much more square, how does the pad feel when sitting on the Graf? I know you tried that already, admit it :D

• 2 weeks later...

@beansbats Can you please post a picture of the inside portion of one of the skates(not the literal inside of the skate but the side of the skate that would touch the ice during a butterfly push).  I'd like to see an up close look of the scuff guard Graf uses to protect the stitching from wearing down due to possible repeated contact with the ice.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:17 AM, RichMan said:

Is the toe cap as substantial as the Bauer one? Also, being that the Bauer cap is much more square, how does the pad feel when sitting on the Graf? I know you tried that already, admit it :D

On 4/15/2020 at 2:45 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

@beansbats Can you please post a picture of the inside portion of one of the skates(not the literal inside of the skate but the side of the skate that would touch the ice during a butterfly push).  I'd like to see an up close look of the scuff guard Graf uses to protect the stitching from wearing down due to possible repeated contact with the ice.

Since there is no ice right now I have been ignoring the shiny new skates.  I just set up some synthetic ice panels and will try the Graf's out tonight and take some more pictures.  I'll also be able to do a compare vs the 1S.  This will probably be the only time on the synthetic with them because I do not have any spare steel yet.  Does anyone know where to get more steel for these?

-steve

On 4/3/2020 at 11:17 AM, RichMan said:

On 4/15/2020 at 2:45 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

On 4/17/2020 at 5:59 PM, GoGriffs said:

How do the new Grafs compare to a True as far as comfort goes? Is the heel cup deeper in the Graf?

I took the Grafs for a half hour test ride on the synthetic ice last night, and they felt great.  I have home baked the skates to start on the customized fit.  My feet are shoe size 12 (Graf size 11), normal width, and really bony ankles.  The one thing I should have done before using the skates was put a deeper hollow on the steel.  They arrived with a 7/8" hollow which is way to slidey.  My 1S are cut to 1/2" and have a good bite on the plastic.  I'll sharpen the Grafs to 1/2" before I try them again.

Round Toe Cap - I did not notice ant difference in how the pads (VE8) sat on the skates, or in the rotation compared to the 1S.  The only point that I'll speculate on is that I think the Graf toe cap will be more protective than the 1S, but I can't confirm this until someone drills me with a puck.

Inside Toe - A pic is attached of the inside toe and stitching.  A far as how it will wear, I have no idea.  I'll pay attention as I put more time on the skates.

Graf vs True Comfort & Heel Cap - My Trues are very comfortable and so are the Grafs.  I don't have enough time on the Grafs to make definitive decision in the comfort battle.  As far as the heel cup, the Graf heel cup is deeper.  I did not experience any slippage while working the movement progressions.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

-steve 

Graf Inside Toe.jpg

Grafpads attached.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...
On 9/9/2020 at 1:13 PM, RichMan said:

Any news on these bad boys? Use, comfort, durability and safety feedback?

The rinks have finally legally opened in lower Michigan, and I have put two ice sessions on the Grafs.  I am adjusting to the 3mm steel, and need to put a deeper hollow on them prior to my Thursday skate.  Overall I like the skates.  I can't really speak to the durability yet.  As far as protection, I've taken a few shots off of the toes and haven't felt a thing.  So protection seems good.