Anti Niemi Knee Pads?

They are actually pretty different from stock.  They are longer so they stay in the pant better and the majority of it is one piece, they also don't wrap around the leg as much. Neime has been using them since Chicago and his tps pads. A couple of goalie in the sharks organization switch or tried them at one point. 

IMG_0043.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

On 9/19/2017 at 2:55 AM, Waldo said:

They are actually pretty different from stock.  They are longer so they stay in the pant better and the majority of it is one piece, they also don't wrap around the leg as much. Neime has been using them since Chicago and his tps pads. A couple of goalie in the sharks organization switch or tried them at one point.

Good call. I did not know this.

On 9/19/2017 at 11:22 AM, MTH said:

Thigh boards were nice. But with today's pads, I don't think they'd be as vital. I mean, when this was a good butterfly:

gallery7.jpg

They were great.

But now?

Not much need.

Niemi's basically look like thigh boards that go under the pants. Great stuff on this thread today. 

Thigh boards were the best solution, it's a shame the NHL banned them. 

45 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Niemi's basically look like thigh boards that go under the pants. Great stuff on this thread today. 

Thigh boards were the best solution, it's a shame the NHL banned them. 

Thigh boards then giguere knee pads

I lost it at 'fun sized'... ha ha

I can wear thigh boards if I want. But I don't. I had them. I think I fought them so much I just removed them and never really missed them.

The one thing that stinks is that they are attached to the pads and rotate with the pads. Knee pads obviously don't rotate as they are on legs. Besides, if my thigh boards are exposed - my butterfly is too narrow.

• 1 year later...

Archived