New pants help

Number20

2 hours ago, Teezle said:

I picked up the Vaughn VE8 carbon pants a few weeks ago and they've been working out great for me. I don't tuck in my chest protector, either.

+1 to Vaughn Velocity line if you want purely untucked.

• 9 months later...

to revive this thread, what pants are on the shorter side? do to my weirdly proportioned body I need shorts legs on pants so they don't interfere with my pads. I currently am wearing size large Simmons pants, but had them put a medium size length on the legs. I originally received larges and they were too long and would push my pads weirdly around and mediums seems to restrictive around the waist.

Thinking of just ordering another pair how I have them but a stock option would be nice since I wouldn't have to wait for them to be made. I tuck in my C/A so bigger roomier pants are usually what I go with. I also tie in my PAW knee pads on the pants and use suspenders so tabs are really desirable.

• 4 months later...
On 3/21/2019 at 12:03 PM, Teezle said:

I picked up the Vaughn VE8 carbon pants a few weeks ago and they've been working out great for me. I don't tuck in my chest protector, either.

Do they have room to tuck? I’ve heard mixed things that the slr2’s are more tapered and meant to be untucked and the ve8’s are more open in the waist  and easier to tuck in.

how do you like them and what size do you wear? I’m in the market for new pants and can’t decide what ones to get. 

16 hours ago, Quadzilla32 said:

Do they have room to tuck? I’ve heard mixed things that the slr2’s are more tapered and meant to be untucked and the ve8’s are more open in the waist  and easier to tuck in.

how do you like them and what size do you wear? I’m in the market for new pants and can’t decide what ones to get. 

They have room to tuck if you loosen the waistband. I liked them a lot - they were easy to move around in and very protective. From what I remember from trying them on in the store, the main difference is that the SLR2 has an internal belt, which might make tucking more difficult on the SLR2. I never liked how the internal belts feel, so I went with the VE8.

I wore a size small, because I am 5'7". I have since gotten a pair of CCM HPG14A pants in a small (almost impossible to find in not large/x-large sizes, so I had to jump on them). I used those once before everything got shut down, but I thought really highly of them during that one ice time. They'll get even better as they break in more once hockey resumes.

54 minutes ago, Teezle said:

They have room to tuck if you loosen the waistband. I liked them a lot - they were easy to move around in and very protective. From what I remember from trying them on in the store, the main difference is that the SLR2 has an internal belt, which might make tucking more difficult on the SLR2. I never liked how the internal belts feel, so I went with the VE8.

I wore a size small, because I am 5'7". I have since gotten a pair of CCM HPG14A pants in a small (almost impossible to find in not large/x-large sizes, so I had to jump on them). I used those once before everything got shut down, but I thought really highly of them during that one ice time. They'll get even better as they break in more once hockey resumes.

I’m trying to narrow down between premiers or Vaughn. I didn’t plan on cinching the waist down and just using suspenders to hold them up. Was one more protective than the other? 

Between the ccm’s and Vaughn’s did one have a smaller inseem on you? Pants that are to long on me hit my knee stack. Trying to see if a large would work or mediums. Unfortunately the stores around me have plenty of premiers but hardly any Vaughn pants or in my size, all are 2xl/xl. 

Im 5”10/11 185 and tuck in my chesty so leaning towards large so I have room. 

On 5/12/2020 at 12:54 PM, Quadzilla32 said:

I’m trying to narrow down between premiers or Vaughn. I didn’t plan on cinching the waist down and just using suspenders to hold them up. Was one more protective than the other? 

Between the ccm’s and Vaughn’s did one have a smaller inseem on you? Pants that are to long on me hit my knee stack. Trying to see if a large would work or mediums. Unfortunately the stores around me have plenty of premiers but hardly any Vaughn pants or in my size, all are 2xl/xl. 

Im 5”10/11 185 and tuck in my chesty so leaning towards large so I have room. 

Why don't you just get a custom sized pair made since it seems you have oddball legs?

• 5 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, A.YOUNGoalie13 said:

If I wanted to try tucking my chestie (I never have) but If I didn’t like it and wanted to go back to untucked, should I go with tighter or looser pants and inner belt or suspenders?

I don't think many want it tight. You should be fine either way. I love it tucked. 

Archived