Vintage gear postings

bunnyman666

On 7/12/2019 at 4:05 AM, Goalie Gaga said:

Hello everybody!

Is there someone out there who can please tell me what brand and model these pads and gloves are? 

The goalie is Russian prospect Denis Khlopotnov, born 1978, and I think the picture is from around 97-98. 

Thanx in advance guys and girls!

5361-1231086Fr.jpg

Quite possibly Eddy pads. Someone I know has a pair and they have the identical marking at the top of the thigh rise. 

In December of 1989, the Junior Team I was playing for played against a Touring Junior team from Czechoslovakia.  After the game, I traded my Hextall Vic stick with their goalie.  30 years later, I still have the stick.

Artis1.jpg

Artis2.jpg

Artis3.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Naz said:

In December of 1989, the Junior Team I was playing for played against a Touring Junior team from Czechoslovakia.  After the game, I traded my Hextall Vic stick with their goalie.  30 years later, I still have the stick.

Artis1.jpg

Artis2.jpg

Artis3.jpg

Wow, this is the stick of our childhood here in Czech republic (former Czechoslovakia). I think that this brand doesn´t make goalie sticks anymore,but it still exists. Legend! 

• Like 1

😀

Here is the blocker i wore with the reactors. I like the yellow on the blocker. The cuff was already cut when I got it. All this equipment still has lots of life left ... but we evolve into different equipment I guess. 

20190715_152526.jpg

20190715_152438.jpg

20190715_152758.jpg

20190715_152839.jpg

Edited by Scythe
Mi
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lucky Pucker said:

WTF - are you new, @bunnyman666?

Please, please PLEASE tell me this was the seller's pic, and not yours...

LOL- literally how I pulled them from the packing materials!!!

They are not usable in the least, so I didn’t think roll placement was going to matter.

AND- they were given to me for research. 😛

Edited by bunnyman666
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bunnyman666 said:

LOL- literally how I pulled them from the packing materials!!!

They are not usable in the least, so I didn’t think roll placement was going to matter.

AND- they were given to me for research. 😛

All I'm reading is excuses for being a bad goalie gear picture taker. ;)

9 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Not sure if I should put this here. I play in the summer league at Bowling Green State University. They have all the team photos through the years lining the hallway. I love the lineup of gear from this particular year pictured. 

104D35A2-9043-4B07-A12A-14E8BFA65FD5.jpeg

Cool Brian’s and Heaton gear there.

That is also the land of Mike Liut, okay- where he went to college, anyway.

10 hours ago, WillyGrips13 said:

Not sure if I should put this here. I play in the summer league at Bowling Green State University. They have all the team photos through the years lining the hallway. I love the lineup of gear from this particular year pictured. 

104D35A2-9043-4B07-A12A-14E8BFA65FD5.jpeg

Man - I look at this, and after the gear, it's the hair styles hit me - LOL! I knew guys with those styles of hair... this is like something right out of my high school  year book, which was  how many years ago now...?

(does math)

WTF - 1998-99 was TWENTY YEARS AGO?!?!

O.o

1 hour ago, Lucky Pucker said:

Man - I look at this, and after the gear, it's the hair styles hit me - LOL! I knew guys with those styles of hair... this is like something right out of my high school  year book, which was  how many years ago now...?

(does math)

WTF - 1998-99 was TWENTY YEARS AGO?!?!

O.o

I will be invited to a 30 year class reunion next year, in which I will not attend; however- we were still playing with horsehide, cowhide, felt and deer hair back in my day!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I will be invited to a 30 year class reunion next year, in which I will not attend; however- we were still playing with horsehide, cowhide, felt and deer hair back in my day!

You guys actually played with your wallets? I just kinda stick mine in my pocket, and forget about it... :P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bunnyman666 said:

Just had my 30 year High School Reunion 2 weeks ago!