Vintage gear postings

bunnyman666

1 minute ago, Lucky Pucker said:

LOL! - cheers, man. High praise indeed, from the resident Shit-poster in Chief!

Signed,

Grad Class of 1996's "Biggest smart Ass" as voted on by the grads themselves (so, kinda like the Ted Lindsay award, if you think about it)

Man, '96 was a good year. Grade 3 was a marvelous time.

Back to vintage gear; hit up my buddy on Insta if you’re interested in some sweet vintage stuff. Eddy gear is pretty rare. I am not officially trying to sell this for him. He wants USD and is out of Henderson, NV.  His insta handle is kylecukoo52. He’s a good guy. 

88824FDF-0C3A-425D-90CF-465DC9F0AF57.png

2607D0BC-387F-4763-917D-E9A3E8B76873.png

7449FCAA-41F8-4822-865B-EA0DFA4F5B9F.png

6B89E7B7-13C0-4B77-B537-3C9A42E2735C.png

I just scored a brand new (tags still attached) Cooper GM6 blocker and GM3000 catch glove on an auction site out of Flint.  The GM3000 is a glove I wanted badly back in the day, so I"m super stoked to be able to call a brand new one my own.  Now to figure out where to display them.  PIcs when they show up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Naz said:

ha!  I posted that pic to a Vintage Goalie Equipment page on FB!

It's a good one. 

I never went to hockey stores back in those days (grew up in Louisiana) but those solid black Vaughn pads on the top shelf were my first real pads.

I'm trying to remember the actual hockey catalog I ordered them from....it's right on the tip of my tongue and driving me crazy.

• Like 1

Great video here by Wayne the Voice Over goalie using some nice JB pads and discussing/analyzing the differences between modern gear and gear of old and how they each relate to functionality and athleticism.  I particularly enjoyed his analysis of how using the JB gear forced him to be more erratic and more of a flailing, flopping goalie because the gear was not conducive to upright stability and save recoveries.

Edited by seagoal
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, seagoal said:

Great video here by Wayne the Voice Over goalie using some nice JB pads and discussing/analyzing the differences between modern gear and gear of old and how they each relate to functionality and athleticism.  I particularly enjoyed his analysis of how using the JB gear forced him to be more erratic and more of a flailing, flopping goalie because the gear was not conducive to upright stability and save recoveries.

There is something to that. 

You definitely CANNOT play the modern game in old school pads. But you could play the older style game in modern pads, however.

More to think about...

Edited by bunnyman666

True @bunnyman666 And I think the set he used in the video would work better for someone who plays a traditional stand up method better than modern pads. The width especially at the boot break helps take up more room while standing. I also think he would have gotten better use of them with different technique. We have grown accustomed to pushing our ankles toward the ice in a modern pro-fly butterfly. Doing that in these pads causes full rotation which these pads aren’t designed for. 

5 minutes ago, WillyGrips13 said:

True @bunnyman666 And I think the set he used in the video would work better for someone who plays a traditional stand up method better than modern pads. The width especially at the boot break helps take up more room while standing. I also think he would have gotten better use of them with different technique. We have grown accustomed to pushing our ankles toward the ice in a modern pro-fly butterfly. Doing that in these pads causes full rotation which these pads aren’t designed for. 

He tried playing the modern game with those. He did point out why it would not work, but still- he needed to be more stand up.

6 minutes ago, Naz said:

Sure it forced him to be flailing and erratic... BUT, there were many times he continued to try shuffling on his knees or sliding... when all he had to do was stand up, and move over.

Exactly. 

This is just like my idea to play with two blockers, and that is that you can add to your save selection IF you train outside of your comfort zone with something like an old school non-butterfly pad. 

14 minutes ago, Naz said:

Sure it forced him to be flailing and erratic... BUT, there were many times he continued to try shuffling on his knees or sliding... when all he had to do was stand up, and move over.

I think he was deliberately doing that to prove his point....not because he didn't know better or was misled about the functionality of those pads.