Luongo To Retire After 19 Seasons

coopaloop1234

9 minutes ago, seagoal said:

This is sad. 

I see him staying in hockey.  He's well respected, has a great personality, and looks great in a suit.

Panthers Broadcasts and probably some NBC Broadcasts.  Not a chance Lou moves from Florida.

2 hours ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Give Lundqvist a few more years 😭

There's a big difference there.

Luongo is one of only 3 guys to play 1,000 games, the best goaltender in TWO franchises history and someone who's top 10 in save percentage all-time. Henrik has a ways to go.

Definite future Hall of Fame-er for me.

Famer**

And there isn't much of a difference.  Luongo played for 3 franchises, awesome.  He is one of the best goalies to never win the cup.  It will be the exact same thing when Lundqvist retires, unfortunately.  There is no argument here.  No one wants to be the Dan Marino of their sport lol.

On 6/26/2019 at 7:09 PM, southpawtendy48 said:

Here’s the article on his decision of retiring: http://bit.ly/LuongoLetterToFans

It’s so sad hearing after he told his kids he’s retiring they cried cause of how much they loved to see him play, and of course he made the right decision by listening to his body, but still. 

One of the classiest pro athletes ever.

This one definitely has an 'end of an era' feel to it for me - beyond most player retirements. Lou is just about a year older than me, one of the last guys from the 90s to be playing and when Ingoal mentioned about his increasing preparation levels just to be able to play in games that resonated with me as my various ailments begin to take their toll (albeit not at an NHL level 🤣) to be able to just get out on the ice. 

Also, I distinctly remember buying this Goalies World (RIP) magazine from the local hockey shop (on special order - in the UK) with his draft feature and think 'hmm maybe this guy will be the new Patrick Roy...'

IMG_1377__1561766274_90.192.229.179.jpg

Archived