Warrior Gear

bunnyman666

On 2/24/2017 at 7:33 AM, Srsieve said:

Yes, agreed.  That space collapses and cushions the shot, which makes it easier to contain it in your glove without having it bounce too far away from your body.   Not to mention less impact forces.   

I'll "third" this comment: I have a bit of airspace between my chest and the CA and it works just like a little air bag - just enough give to kill both the shock and the rebound. So much nicer than the old "light winter jacket" we used to wear back in the day

Edited by Ghostender

On 2/24/2017 at 10:33 AM, Srsieve said:

Yes, agreed.  That space collapses and cushions the shot, which makes it easier to contain it in your glove without having it bounce too far away from your body.   Not to mention less impact forces.   

Unfortunately I kinda ruined that when I got double padding on my new c/a.  Standard padding is more like a soft pillow so I figured it would just be a thicker soft cushion.  The double is a little harder/more stiff.  Oh well, live and learn. 

Josh Robinson (ECHL) gave me some crazy info! 

He said the new pant sizes are a complete sham. He said that Vaughn "legal" pants are bigger than his old CCM "non-legal" pants and the "New" CCM pants are too tight. He will be changing to Vaughn next season 

6 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

He said the new pant sizes are a complete sham. He said that Vaughn "legal" pants are bigger than his old CCM "non-legal" pants and the "New" CCM pants are too tight. He will be changing to Vaughn next season 

Just proves how non-uniform rules interpretations can be!

5 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

That's odd.

I was in my local hockey store.  Guy in there said "most manufacturers are going away from foam core sticks. Gonna be either all wood or synthetic".

Anyone else heard this??

And while Im here, Warrior Ritual VRC goal stick. Anyone know anything about this stick?

Im finding stuff about VR1, VR2 and VR3, but not the VRC.

Crappy Tire special??

On a side note, he stated Lundqvist uses a full wood stick painted to look like composite.  

Edited by Chester

21 hours ago, Chester said:

I was in my local hockey store.  Guy in there said "most manufacturers are going away from foam core sticks. Gonna be either all wood or synthetic".

Anyone else heard this??

And while Im here, Warrior Ritual VRC goal stick. Anyone know anything about this stick?

Im finding stuff about VR1, VR2 and VR3, but not the VRC.

Crappy Tire special??

On a side note, he stated Lundqvist uses a full wood stick painted to look like composite.  

If anything, it's wood that's going away. Between the problems of sustainability and the weight and heft of wood to the fact that foam cores guarantee the need for constant replacement, wood is going away, not the other way around.

Note that whilst appreciating that foam is lighter, it breaks down and performs poorly after a certain amount of play. 

Composite sticks have the same foam core that the foam core, wood- handled ones. I don't know where that employee got his info.

Who knows what King Lundy actually uses? 

Edited by bunnyman666

On 4/16/2017 at 9:24 AM, bunnyman666 said:

If anything, it's wood that's going away. Between the problems of sustainability and the weight and heft of wood to the fact that foam cores guarantee the need for constant replacement, wood is going away, not the other way around.

Note that whilst appreciating that foam is lighter, it breaks down and performs poorly after a certain amount of play. 

Composite sticks have the same foam core that the foam core, wood- handled ones. I don't know where that employee got his info.

Who knows what King Lundy actually uses? 

Lundy uses a wood that's painted to match the Reactor line now. They used to paint them to look like the TotalOne NXG. No idea what they paint them to look like next year, Vapor 1X? 

2 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Lundy uses a wood that's painted to match the Reactor line now. They used to paint them to look like the TotalOne NXG. No idea what they paint them to look like next year, Vapor 1X? 

I have heard that, but you know how urban legends go.

Even as I said that wood will go away before anything else does, it would not be that hard to make your own wood hockey stick, especially since modern sticks are veneers pressed together. Just glue and a press. Veneered wood construction would be the last thing to go, and considering that the way the old  sticks were made, you could make several sticks from the amount of wood in one old school stick.  

5 minutes ago, bunnyman666 said:

I have heard that, but you know how urban legends go.

Even as I said that wood will go away before anything else does, it would not be that hard to make your own wood hockey stick, especially since modern sticks are veneers pressed together. Just glue and a press. Veneered wood construction would be the last thing to go, and considering that the way the old  sticks were made, you could make several sticks from the amount of wood in one old school stick.  

I posted some pics of a Lundqvist "TotalOne NXG" the other day, its definitely not composite! 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sure, but that graphic shows it better than a picture will.  It's a velcro tab attached to the bottom of the thigh rise.  When you pull it down, the thigh rise flexes.  Attach it to the velcro, and it stops it from straightening.

Here's a pic from Chakal's review:

http://goaliestore.com/board/forum/equipment/equipment-reviews/3259496-warrior-ritual-g3-pro-custom-review

Edited by tony20