CCM Printed Graphics

TheGoalNet

1 minute ago, Math. said:

Those retarded knee rolls though, just can't see past them! 

And the split outer roll. 🤮 I am curious to hear the rationale for those angle knee rolls. They're supposed to offer a performance benefit, but I'm curious to see if that's jsut marketing hogwash or not.

The overall printing looks fantastic though. Doesn't look as washed out as Bauer's first couple of years.

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Will confirm, not available at retail with the spring launch of EF5

Disappointing.  It'll be interesting to see how long the common beer-leaguer has to wait to look as cool as our favorite WJC heroes...

3 hours ago, TheGoalNet said:

Germany

image.png.a431e1f4913dab895d44109f5f64c454.png

Man, these are an absolute home run! 

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

The printing looks a little like padskinz and reminds me of all the entry level ccm gear

F42314A3-C2B2-4E35-A231-892D0C5DC6F4.jpeg.ba321e388a9d584c93c2b32e03734483.jpeg

Bauer pads looks like road hockey pads, blah blah blah

This is the same comment since 2008ish when Bauer first showed the tech.

Full respect if you don't like it. Brian's and Vaughn exist for cut and set custom. The reality is that printing is sell fantastically at retail, people love the design capability, and it's extremely easy to mass produce custom gear now.

Again, I full respect people don't like it. That particular comment is just really repetitive and the technology is not going anyway. "I still prefer that cut and sew looks more high end" is way more appropriate.

3 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

And the split outer roll. 🤮 I am curious to hear the rationale for those angle knee rolls. They're supposed to offer a performance benefit, but I'm curious to see if that's jsut marketing hogwash or not.

The overall printing looks fantastic though. Doesn't look as washed out as Bauer's first couple of years.

I would say the tech story is not about flex... so that should add to the confusion and interest around the new knee rolls!

56 minutes ago, Puckstopper said:

Disappointing.  It'll be interesting to see how long the common beer-leaguer has to wait to look as cool as our favorite WJC heroes...

Bauer deserves the credit for popularizing this tech and fighting the good fight. Someday, I will order a TGN Spec Bauer DigiPrint...

But I have to say, CCM's printing capability is really interesting to me. IMO, they have the best retro graphic catalog. Enabling the 500 Roy, the Potvin, the 580, EF1, etc etc as a custom is very interesting.

36 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

Bauer pads looks like road hockey pads, blah blah blah

This is the same comment since 2008ish when Bauer first showed the tech.

Full respect if you don't like it. Brian's and Vaughn exist for cut and set custom. The reality is that printing is sell fantastically at retail, people love the design capability, and it's extremely easy to mass produce custom gear now.

Again, I full respect people don't like it. That particular comment is just really repetitive and the technology is not going anyway. "I still prefer that cut and sew looks more high end" is way more appropriate.

Ironically I like the look of bauer gear. It’s just the mix of printing and cut and sew that looks off to me

5 hours ago, coopaloop1234 said:

RE: Knee rolls

Prepare to be whelmed.

Not over- or under-.  Just whelmed.

FWIW... I noticed that any area which had printed graphic looked to have the texture of SpeedSkin. Not that it matters... just thought it was interesting.

Also... while you could say CCM is late to the printed graphic party... based on the quality of the examples they've put forth I'd go as far to say that they're only fashionably late. Perhaps they intentionally let another brand work out some kinks or it was just their time table all along... but the colors look vibrant and the lines are crisp. First pass for others didn't go as well... and their retail offering still has some reporting issues on certain colors. That said I'll be interested to see how well CCM's quality scales up when they get it to retail... but good stuff nevertheless.

12 hours ago, keeperton said:

Love the German flag on that respective set. Printed graphics are neat, both it and older school cut-and-sew have a place.

Agree.  The craftsmanship on display with Vaughn and Brian's is second to none.  Some of the setups they've done are full blown works of art and will always be the sort of true custom pad I go for if money were no object.  However the more detailed and intricate options that digital printing opens up are pretty cool as well.   They're not as awe inspiring because you know they didn't take as much work, but it's a fun way for guys to get creative. 

1 hour ago, ThatCarGuy said:

I may not like the feel of ccm leg pads but I’m happy to be a marketing tool if it means discounted gear and early access to printing 

1 hour ago, coopaloop1234 said:

Don't sell yourself out too much there.

Let's be honest, I think most of us would give a different brand a chance if we were offered the right deal.   There's not a brand in the store I work at that I would refuse to wear if the price was right (although I think I'd REALLY struggle to get used to Bauer catch gloves...)

Archived