Pad Innovation

Cruskater

Hey guys, anyone have any insight into whether a custom manufacturer like Passau is working on some of the pad "innovations" we have seen in the last year such as the speed skin/core composite/primo materials? Or the use of different foams to create the internal "breaks" in the pads?

I am pretty close to ordering a custom set of Brian's Optiks, but after poking around Passau's website looking for some fixes for my current pads in the interim (which look like they will work great!, thanks Passau!) I like their work and craftsmanship. Looks truly customizable. I just have really good experiences demoing the 1x and 1s as well as trying on the Optiks at the local store. (As an FYI, I'm looking at a moderately stiff pad with a subtly curve to the thigh rise and am probably getting a Brian's FLY). 

Just wanted to be sure before I spend the $$$ on a set

@Cruskater - For the materials angle, I cannot comment. Primo is exclusive to Brian's, CORtech is exclusive to Bauer, and Speed Skin is CCM only. 

However, Passau is not tied to a retail release cycle. The add no innovation to their gear whenever possible. Things like a professor strap  can go on the next set of pads out the door. They don't have to wait for a retail product upgrade. 

Archived