Jump to content

Warrior G6 Slide Plates NOW AVAILABLE!!!!!


CamWardFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just saw this on Facebook and ordered immediately - The senior and intermediate slide plates are AVAILABLE AT GOALIEPARTS.COM !!!!!

This is an excellent and reliable company.  They have the plates IN STOCK NOW !!! Don't know how many or how long they will last but I just wanted to let everyone know!!!

 

Steve

IMG_0947.PNG

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Heads-up for anyone putting these on GTs or GT2s: the knee block is shorter, so you'll need to chop off roughly an inch in order to make them fit perfectly. Could be the same for G3s/4s, haven't checked.

You can put them on without any modification, but it will leave about a half-inch gap between the ice and your thigh boards.

In other news: holy shit these are amazing. I was sliding as well at the end of my skate as at the beginning. Didn't need to clear snow from my crease, was zipping from post to post off a gentle push. Definitely takes some adjusting, so you don't overslide, but I fucking love these things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't help but thinking I had a bisnes idea worth of a few bucks on my hands when I first made my PE sliders about three years ago. Should've just invited it a bit more to make it as universal as possible and sell them to every second goalie out there.

But then again remembering that whenever I've shown my plates and telling how nice it is to slide around effortlessly nobody wasn't interested. Before now that Warrior has these out.

Yet following these conversations in many places there's a lot of people who don't believe in the idea at all and try to take it down with "you'll slide over" or "how can you stop" or "you don't need to slide that much" or the classic "don't skip the leg day and you don't need these"...

The basic thing why anything innovative or new is so hard to bring into the business is that many of us are so sceptical as long as nobody (good enough) tries and proofs it to be good. Konekt is similar example, remember the first comments? And still there are comments like why are so many people selling them after a few ice times, there has to be something wrong with them.

Get them plates to try them out at least, I think they are kind of game changers at least from jenpro. I can't compare to Bauer as haven't tried them, Vaughn has good slide on their Quick slide material (same as Brians' Primo) but I would still wrap the knee block with plastic sheet on them too because of the stabile sliding from beginning to end that @CJ Boiss mentioned. Actually I've found the slide to be best when you shuffle your crease in the beginning to have a little snow to start from. Snow on crease is a constant thing after that and no surprises on the slide.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Can't help but thinking I had a bisnes idea worth of a few bucks on my hands when I first made my PE sliders about three years ago. Should've just invited it a bit more to make it as universal as possible and sell them to every second goalie out there.

But then again remembering that whenever I've shown my plates and telling how nice it is to slide around effortlessly nobody wasn't interested. Before now that Warrior has these out.

Yet following these conversations in many places there's a lot of people who don't believe in the idea at all and try to take it down with "you'll slide over" or "how can you stop" or "you don't need to slide that much" or the classic "don't skip the leg day and you don't need these"...

The basic thing why anything innovative or new is so hard to bring into the business is that many of us are so sceptical as long as nobody (good enough) tries and proofs it to be good. Konekt is similar example, remember the first comments? And still there are comments like why are so many people selling them after a few ice times, there has to be something wrong with them.

Get them plates to try them out at least, I think they are kind of game changers at least from jenpro. I can't compare to Bauer as haven't tried them, Vaughn has good slide on their Quick slide material (same as Brians' Primo) but I would still wrap the knee block with plastic sheet on them too because of the stabile sliding from beginning to end that @CJ Boiss mentioned. Actually I've found the slide to be best when you shuffle your crease in the beginning to have a little snow to start from. Snow on crease is a constant thing after that and no surprises on the slide.

How'd you make yours? I sold my Warriors and wouldn't mind having slide plates on my JRZs. 

ETA: I imagine this may work - https://www.amazon.ca/Polycarbonate-Plastic-Robotics-Industrial-Shatterproof/dp/B07MQTDF4R/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3BK37IP58NT7&keywords=polycarbonate+sheet&qid=1667314535&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1Ljc5IiwicXNhIjoiNS4wOCIsInFzcCI6IjQuNjYifQ%3D%3D&s=industrial&sprefix=polycarbonate+shee%2Cindustrial%2C185&sr=1-4

Edited by insertnamehere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, insertnamehere said:

I made some slide plates for my old Brian's, I used .06" thick black ABS plastic (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R9W4NZW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and wrapped the knee wing with velcro all the way around so it sandwiched between the inner knee wing and knee block, then velcro'd the ABS plastic.  I used these for 6+ months ~2x/wk and never had an issue.

 

Y90CuJx.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@insertnamehere Here's the most clear and explaining picture of what I've made. A lot more complicated solution than @jerd31 with the edges bent in instead of straight sheet.

DSC_0284.JPG.7e55b20125fc3afed313f6d05847b487.JPG

This plate is for Vaughn LT88 pads (and similar) which you can tell from the slight curve on one edge. The knee wing on those pads is attached to the pad through curved joint area.

Material is 2mm thick PE which I have in storage for all gear purposes anyway. It's thick enough to hold the shape properly and still very easy and quick to mold with heat gun. Even 1mm would work but I'm not really confident to try it and then again I don't really have a reason as the 2mm is doing fine. I've made one set from 3mm thick sheet but that was a nightmare to mold compared to 2mm thick. 

Polycarbonate (PC) is the next thing I'll try out as I have some available at work to make sample pieces. This is more of test between materials as in all videos the Warrior plates are sliding like butter on a hot pan and my PE made plates slide easy but not really effortless.

Here's a picture of my G5 implementation. A more complicated desing than Warriors and covering the whole knee wing and not just the knee stack.

This is after a few ice times when I sent the pads to Kova Repairs for the core change. While the plates don't really have space to move around they still have the knee wing drawn into them.

DSC_0736_8x6.jpg.a550275ae2c5781a47a513b6923fd237.jpg

I like to use the lace as an attachment, it's easy to drill four holes on proper spots and then route the lace through the knee stack. Doesn't have to be tight but just enough that the plate stays on the right place.

Why I like the edges turned in atleast a few mm? It makes the plate just that much more rigid while it doesn't have much of an effect except holding the plate better on place. And it propably prevents the plate edges from catching any roughness on the ice. I really don't know if that would ever be an issue though.

Some videos of my butterfly slides where I have PE plates on (GT pads but similar knee wing cover). Nothing to compare those to though but you get the idea of slide. Looking at these now makes me wonder even more that the PC might be sliding a lot more than PE.

 

Edited by ArdeFIN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

@insertnamehere Here's the most clear and explaining picture of what I've made. A lot more complicated solution than @jerd31 with the edges bent in instead of straight sheet.

DSC_0284.JPG.7e55b20125fc3afed313f6d05847b487.JPG

This plate is for Vaughn LT88 pads (and similar) which you can tell from the slight curve on one edge. The knee wing on those pads is attached to the pad through curved joint area.

Material is 2mm thick PE which I have in storage for all gear purposes anyway. It's thick enough to hold the shape properly and still very easy and quick to mold with heat gun. Even 1mm would work but I'm not really confident to try it and then again I don't really have a reason as the 2mm is doing fine. I've made one set from 3mm thick sheet but that was a nightmare to mold compared to 2mm thick. 

Polycarbonate (PC) is the next thing I'll try out as I have some available at work to make sample pieces. This is more of test between materials as in all videos the Warrior plates are sliding like butter on a hot pan and my PE made plates slide easy but not really effortless.

Here's a picture of my G5 implementation. A more complicated desing than Warriors and covering the whole knee wing and not just the knee stack.

This is after a few ice times when I sent the pads to Kova Repairs for the core change. While the plates don't really have space to move around they still have the knee wing drawn into them.

DSC_0736_8x6.jpg.a550275ae2c5781a47a513b6923fd237.jpg

I like to use the lace as an attachment, it's easy to drill four holes on proper spots and then route the lace through the knee stack. Doesn't have to be tight but just enough that the plate stays on the right place.

Why I like the edges turned in atleast a few mm? It makes the plate just that much more rigid while it doesn't have much of an effect except holding the plate better on place. And it propably prevents the plate edges from catching any roughness on the ice. I really don't know if that would ever be an issue though.

Some videos of my butterfly slides where I have PE plates on (GT pads but similar knee wing cover). Nothing to compare those to though but you get the idea of slide. Looking at these now makes me wonder even more that the PC might be sliding a lot more than PE.

 

Thanks. I ordered that polycarbonate sheet that I linked earlier and I'm going to attempt to make it like your G5 plates with using the lace and the turned up edges. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, TheGoalNet said:

I ordered a pair. I have been messing with PPF and will be curious to compare these. Anyone get these to fit on a Bauer? Worried it will not work with the knee block style

Looking at how detailed the shapes are and sort of made to fit G6 I doubt there is a huge chance of making the Warrior plates to fit anything else in easy way. 

From marketing viewpoint it is obvious that the plates won't fit other pads and Warrior has used some time to make sure the plates are shaped so that it is somewhat difficult to make them fit. This slideplate thing is something others don't offer. Yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ArdeFIN said:

Looking at how detailed the shapes are and sort of made to fit G6 I doubt there is a huge chance of making the Warrior plates to fit anything else in easy way. 

From marketing viewpoint it is obvious that the plates won't fit other pads and Warrior has used some time to make sure the plates are shaped so that it is somewhat difficult to make them fit. This slideplate thing is something others don't offer. Yet.

I would imagine if the plate would encompass another knee wing well enough but not quite right, you could possibly heat it up and mold it a bit to your own liking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, insertnamehere said:

I would imagine if the plate would encompass another knee wing well enough but not quite right, you could possibly heat it up and mold it a bit to your own liking.

Yes you could. And that is where I see Warrior has used some time. The plate has that slope towards the face of the pad which I would say is really difficult to heat mold back to flat which is what most other brands pads are.

Second shaped thing are the long radius curves on the other end of the plates. I don't think any other brand has anything even close.

This put together, if you are able to do that modifying, you make your own a lot easier. And they will be better than modifying those Warrior ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2022 at 11:31 AM, ArdeFIN said:

Can't help but thinking I had a bisnes idea worth of a few bucks on my hands when I first made my PE sliders about three years ago. Should've just invited it a bit more to make it as universal as possible and sell them to every second goalie out there.

But then again remembering that whenever I've shown my plates and telling how nice it is to slide around effortlessly nobody wasn't interested. Before now that Warrior has these out.

Yet following these conversations in many places there's a lot of people who don't believe in the idea at all and try to take it down with "you'll slide over" or "how can you stop" or "you don't need to slide that much" or the classic "don't skip the leg day and you don't need these"...

The basic thing why anything innovative or new is so hard to bring into the business is that many of us are so sceptical as long as nobody (good enough) tries and proofs it to be good. Konekt is similar example, remember the first comments? And still there are comments like why are so many people selling them after a few ice times, there has to be something wrong with them.

Get them plates to try them out at least, I think they are kind of game changers at least from jenpro. I can't compare to Bauer as haven't tried them, Vaughn has good slide on their Quick slide material (same as Brians' Primo) but I would still wrap the knee block with plastic sheet on them too because of the stabile sliding from beginning to end that @CJ Boiss mentioned. Actually I've found the slide to be best when you shuffle your crease in the beginning to have a little snow to start from. Snow on crease is a constant thing after that and no surprises on the slide.

 

because goalkeepers are even more conservative people than the manufacturers of equipment for them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, ZeroGravitas said:

Maybe someone can keep a list as to what pads these work with?

Something like:

Compatible, no modification required (Plug and play)

Compatible with slight modifications

Not-Compatible (or Not Compatible without significant work)

I found a volunteer

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...